ADVERTISEMENT

Bush League BS

Every IU fan saw that Klesmit instigated by wiping his face on Gunn's jersey, yet somehow the officials missed that.
This. Maybe you have to call something on Gunn since his elbow (kind of) contacted Klesmit's face but if it were my call I wouldn't have ejected Gunn and I'd have nailed Klesmit with a flagrant as well for the headbutt.

As a fan of neither team, I came away from that thinking "Wisconsin back to their dirty tricks" more than anything else. I think Gunn is getting treated more harshly because of XJs recent flagrant and IU fans being frustrated with the team as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and MIS01
But it was to the head. It could have been much more violent, but to another part of the person be a lesser call. They need to protect the head. Difficult for them to say, well it was to the head but it’s ok because this one wasn’t a “shot”.
When someone sticks their head right on top of or into your arm/elbow/shoulder and they get hit, that is not a flagrant or even a foul. Cylinder rule.

Klesmit had pulled away a little before Gunn contacted him so maybe you can argue for a flagrant from the very little contact that was made. I'd still argue that Klesmit deserved a flagrant also.

Reactions: Tscurlo and DANC
When someone sticks their head right on top of or into your arm/elbow/shoulder and they get hit, that is not a flagrant or even a foul. Cylinder rule.

Klesmit had pulled away a little before Gunn contacted him so maybe you can argue for a flagrant from the very little contact that was made. I'd still argue that Klesmit deserved a flagrant also.
I think it was annoying and had Gunn reacted another way he maybe could've gotten a foul called on him, but I was not at all surprised at what he did, or that it wasn't called in the Kohl Center. They've been doing crap like that for decades now, and the refs are going to watch us harder because we're on the road and with X's antics.

I think it was annoying and had Gunn reacted another way he maybe could've gotten a foul called on him, but I was not at all surprised at what he did, or that it wasn't called in the Kohl Center. They've been doing crap like that for decades now, and the refs are going to watch us harder because we're on the road and with X's antics.
Clearly it wasn’t a basketball move, which is the problem. Hard to guess intent, but what else could he have been doing other than trying to move the guys head? It’s not like he was going for a rebound .

Clearly it wasn’t a basketball move, which is the problem. Hard to guess intent, but what else could he have been doing other than trying to move the guys head? It’s not like he was going for a rebound .
It wasn't a stoppage, but WI was walking the ball up the court on the opposite side of the court. No bball play to be made. It was what it was: frustration at him pushing into him with his head and a stupid play. For what it's worth on the first replay the announcer immediately said "clearly a flagrant 2".

A smart player waits for Klesmit to drive to the hoop and then nails him.

From a perspective the outcome helps my team either way. The Wiscy player warranted some punishment for baiting Gunn. I believe one of the announcers said something about these games are on tv and that you can't get away with that stuff. Gunn and X aren't representing what once was IU basketball.
I know this year is it for X but I'm starting to wonder how many of these guys stay if this nonsense is unchecked.
You deserve better.
I remember when we celebrated bouncing the ball off 2 Iowa guys' heads on close inbounds plays.

I remember Dane Fife stepping on a player intentionally and IU fans laughing about it.

Stop with the self-righteousness. The only way they're not representing what was once IU basketball is losing - and that's the only reason this is a big deal to many.

You wanted a foul called for what Klesmit did? I'm pretty certain he was saying shit with his head down too. That was gamesmanship that goes on in most stoppages and I saw WI players making comments like that all night. You can't elbow a guy in the head, no matter how weak it was. Just another dumb moment.
It was a dumb moment. But isn't taunting a foul also?

This. Maybe you have to call something on Gunn since his elbow (kind of) contacted Klesmit's face but if it were my call I wouldn't have ejected Gunn and I'd have nailed Klesmit with a flagrant as well for the headbutt.

As a fan of neither team, I came away from that thinking "Wisconsin back to their dirty tricks" more than anything else. I think Gunn is getting treated more harshly because of XJs recent flagrant and IU fans being frustrated with the team as a whole.
You nailed it.

And Wisconsin has always played dirty.

Reactions: TC4THREE

Agree.

The whole thing was bullshit!
Whether it was the barely there "face rub"
Or barely there elbow.
Should have just been a play on.
Everybody so soft anymore

Reactions: DANC
I'm convinced it was more a technicality in the rule (throwing an elbow) than the actual severity of it.

Can't throw an elbow above the shoulders. Automatic F2. Gunn should have known that.

They saw it. They jumped up and pointed when Klesmet threw his head back in an exaggerated fashion. And there are half a dozen camera angles available on instant replay watching everything that happens on the floor. The days of doing stuff behind the official's back are over.
They saw it and jumped up.... because that's what they've been taught to do. You can't tell me that this wasn't planned ahead of time, because we've got a young, dumb and ego based team... and the Wisky coaches know that and I would guess they have been practicing this stunt for just this purpose.

That's why.... in my opinion... the whole Wisky team and coaches are dirty.

But having said all that.... CJ should never have reacted and should have stepped back.

Last edited:
A smart player waits for Klesmit to drive to the hoop and then nails him.
My thought exactly..... a Clothes Line done by Sparks would have settled it.

Would have gotten Sparks thrown out of the game... But Klesmit would have gotten the message

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT