ADVERTISEMENT

Bucks boycott playoff game!

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
The players are putting their money where their mouth is. Bravo! A group of cops shoot a guy 7 times in the back. No way you can spin that as self defense.

Edit: as I later noted it apparently was only one police officer who shot the guy 7 times.

Last edited:
Reactions: travlinhoosier
The players are putting their money where their mouth is. Bravo! A group of cops shoot a guy 7 times in the back. No way you can spin that as self defense.
The whole league is taking the night off.

Well, to be fair, despite some looking, I’ve not seen a clear rundown of events.

And they sure have lots of it, money. What a terrible country.

By show of ratings it’s fairly obvious most people have protested the NBA. I’ll protest your protest.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I may have jumped the gun on this. I'm now reading it was one policeman firing seven shots. Also reading about two police being suspended. And also reading that the police shot him which I may have incorrectly inferred as more than two given that the guy was shot 7 times in the back.

I've also heard that he had a knife and also heard that he had no weapon.

The whole league is taking the night off.
Thanks for posting. Just saw that all three game fives have been postponed. There are both real issues and political theater involved here. I'm not surprised that would be a backlash to Herschel Walker's statements the other night.

I may have jumped the gun on this. I'm now reading it was one policeman firing seven shots. Also reading about two police being suspended. And also reading that the police shot him which I may have incorrectly inferred as more than two given that the guy was shot 7 times in the back.

Yep. Let’s let facts come out before we jump out our asses. That goes for NBA players too.

I think it is a pretty big slap in the face by Turner to cut them off and play the longest yard. Man. 2020 is freaking wild!!!

For their collective bargaining agreement NBA players cannot strike. So yes they put their money where their mouth is.

No. The games are ppd. They aren’t losing any money unless they leave the bubble. I believe if they do that, the owners can open up the collective bargaining agreement. Given the effect of canceling games due to the pandemic, they would almost certainly get less money in a new contract.

i looked it up and the nba and the nba players are donating considerable dough to BLM. can anyone name the president or ed of blm? if you google blm leader most of the articles are about arrests of blm leaders for all sorts of stuff. i hope there's some actual people with knowledge and experience in running not for profits in that group because from what i've seen in a two minute google search they've got enough nba money to make a difference. as an aside in the same search i read that nba viewership is down 45% in the last ten years.

No. The games are ppd. They aren’t losing any money unless they leave the bubble. I believe if they do that, the owners can open up the collective bargaining agreement. Given the effect of canceling games due to the pandemic, they would almost certainly get less money in a new contract.
I'm sure calmer heads will prevail. And that was obviously part of the League's decision to postpone the other two games. I am sure that both the players and the league are looking for a win-win get out of jail card on this. But there's also the possibility of a lose-lose result.

i looked it up and the nba and the nba players are donating considerable dough to BLM. can anyone name the president or ed of blm? if you google blm leader most of the articles are about arrests of blm leaders for all sorts of stuff. i hope there's some actual people with knowledge and experience in running not for profits in that group because from what i've seen in a two minute google search they've got enough nba money to make a difference. as an aside in the same search i read that nba viewership is down 45% in the last ten years.

What leaders of BLM are you speaking of?

I'm sure calmer heads will prevail. And that was obviously part of the League's decision to postpone the other two games. I am sure that both the players and the league are looking for a win-win get out of jail card on this. But there's also the possibility of a lose-lose result.

Per Woj, there is a bubble meeting at 8:00 tonight. How and whether to continue the season will be discussed. I hope they keep going. I think it is easier to get their message out when they’re playing and they will also have more money to help their favored causes. Seems like a win-win

What leaders of BLM are you speaking of?
i was trying to find who is the president or executive director. it looks like there are just tons of chapters. as to the arrests too many to name. Aug 17 new bedford blm leadger arrested for a double shooting at a gas station; charles wade sex trafficking; blm leader in etowah county arrested on felony theft july 18; tianna arata arrested in calif where a 4 year old was smashed by glass could be jailed for 15 years. google black lives matter leader arrested. this is an organization that's going to have 100s of millions of dollars. who is the president? the executive director?

Anything to do with time of games during the day? Either way, the playoffs have been pretty great to watch. Hope the Mavs can come back to beat the Clips. Also loving the Nugs and Jazz series.

Reactions: brianiu
Anything to do with time of games during the day? Either way, the playoffs have been pretty great to watch. Hope the Mavs can come back to beat the Clips. Also loving the Nugs and Jazz series.
no idea. 45% decline in ten years is a lot. maybe the names aren't as compelling as in prior eras? maybe they've become too political and are turning viewers off.

i was trying to find who is the president or executive director. it looks like there are just tons of chapters. as to the arrests too many to name. Aug 17 new bedford blm leadger arrested for a double shooting at a gas station; charles wade sex trafficking; blm leader in etowah county arrested on felony theft july 18; tianna arata arrested in calif where a 4 year old was smashed by glass could be jailed for 15 years. google black lives matter leader arrested. this is an organization that's going to have 100s of millions of dollars. who is the president? the executive director?

I'm not sure about the leadership mcmurty. I think it's very loosely organized on purpose. I'm sure you can find unsavory characters involved in BLM, like many similar organizations. If you google BLM founders instead of BLM leaders arrested, you'll find Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi. Now they might be your cup of tea, but I think you'll find each has an impressive educational and career background. I guess it all depends on how you phrase your Google search.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The 45% is just for network games.

The playoffs are down 20% from last season. As suggested, several factors could be at play including day games and politics. Games through Feb were down 12% from the previous year. Also of note, these drops mirror TV rating declines for all shows.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I'm not sure about the leadership mcmurty. I think it's very loosely organized on purpose. I'm sure you can find unsavory characters involved in BLM, like many similar organizations. If you google BLM founders instead of BLM leaders arrested, you'll find Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi. Now they might be your cup of tea, but I think you'll find each has an impressive educational and career background. I guess it all depends on how you phrase your Google search.
Well I’ve long said that the true difference maker is money and they’re on the right track with fundraising.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
If they had any balls they’d boycott the rest of the season...but that would cost them too much lol...

If they had any balls they’d boycott the rest of the season...but that would cost them too much lol...
Many players did not want to come back at all because of George Floyd, and the slogans on backs of jerseys helped woo them back. So... it may happen.

Last edited:
Yes, I’m sure they were prepared to completely walk away from their lucrative careers over this. I’m certain of it.
Many wanted to walk away from this season and said so. A player coalition led by Kyrie Irving expressed concern about the NBA's restart overshadowing the Black Lives Matter movement. Kyrie was injured and would have opted out anyway. The jersey slogan deal convinced the players union to be all in.

I've also heard that he had a knife and also heard that he had no weapon

tenor.gif

Many wanted to walk away from this season and said so. A player coalition led by Kyrie Irving expressed concern about the NBA's restart overshadowing the Black Lives Matter movement. Kyrie was injured and would have opted out anyway. The jersey slogan deal convinced the players union to be all in.
[/QUOTE

Kyrie has a net worth of 90mil. You can walk away from a lot with that.

knives are not weapons these days...2020

Lakers & Clippers players have voted to end their seasons, says Bleacher Report. Non-binding, for now

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT