ADVERTISEMENT

BTN vs BTN+

Fred C. Dobbs

Freshman
Aug 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Question: If I subscribe to IU broadcasts on the streaming BTN+, will I be able to watch live IU basketball games that are broadcast on BTN?

Backstory: I have cut back my cable package to the tune of $150 per month. My new package does not offer BTN. Can I subscribe to BTN+ so that I can watch men's and women's basketball?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

You used to be able to watch all the BTN games on the Fox Sports App. Not sure if the new media deal changed that or not.

BTN+ is only the non-televised games.

for decades one could watch every IU basketball game for free.

and all the exhibition games.

and a coach's show every week.

for $150 mo we now get much worse coverage than we used to get for free.

that said, cable was $25 mo and no contracts when it was deregulated.

industries don't pay legislators and regulators the big bucks to deregulate, to benefit the consumer.

Last edited:
I am not able to watch BTN broadcasts live on BTN+. "Sometimes" I can watch replays, but not always.
Basically, they are separate

I am not able to watch BTN broadcasts live on BTN+. "Sometimes" I can watch replays, but not always.
Basically, they are separate
Yes, agree. Two different things.
I subscribed to btn + to catch the ladies games. Their success has put them on more main stream media now.
The btn+ had really bad announcers but they did not break for commercials. You could watch the cheerleaders, crowd, bench during halftime and time outs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT