ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks

I am not the one that is saying this but it is coming from people who are close to Brooks. I guess if you don't missing on a top in state player because of how some idiot fans can't be rational.
what is not "rational" is a recruit's family judging a program based on the comments of stupid or mentally ill people posting on a fan forum.

Morgan was all big ten his first season. Also inherited a very good senior guard in Robert Johnson.

What do you think a new coach normall inherits? The old coach was fired for a reason.

There’s no excuse for the past two seasons results wise. You can believe it’ll get better, but don’t give me the BS of we don’t have the talent to be better than we’ve been. It’s embarrassing

You said this:

Not many new coaches inherit a team with an all big ten forward plus a top 10 Adidas guard right down the road. We were a year removed from a Big Ten title. It wasn’t in terrible shape.

Archie didn't "inherit" Morgan as an All-B1G forward - he DEVELOPED him into that.

"Very good senior guard"? Johnson had a junior year where his assist/turnover ratio was 1.08. You somehow think that is "really good"? I provided the link earlier to the All Big 10 from 2016-17 - where was Johnson listed? Don't "very good guards" warrant at least honorable mention?

If you're gonna try to make an argument, at least have it be based in FACTS.

Oh man, you’re still hanging around after all your guarantees lately have failed? What happened to all of those? What went so wrong?
Yup! Still here, still optimistic. Still calling out your BS and lies that you won’t address. Much better being me than a miserable twit.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
You said this:

Archie didn't "inherit" Morgan as an All-B1G forward - he DEVELOPED him into that.

"Very good senior guard"? Johnson had a junior year where his assist/turnover ratio was 1.08. You somehow think that is "really good"? I provided the link earlier to the All Big 10 from 2016-17 - where was Johnson listed? Don't "very good guards" warrant at least honorable mention?

Those are crean players. You cannot expect him to win with crean players.

Reactions: ufo33
yes, no coach who was successful at a mid-major ever did shit at a power 5. hahahahaha. got it. no one ever moves up. got it.

literally a 10 game stretch out of 250 career games for the man and you turn into the world's biggest pussy. 4% of his career and you;ve written him off. and you don;t get how deranged that makes you sound?

IU isn't the football or basketball school your fanboy b*****ass wants it to be so you focus all that on the new coach. F******* idtiot.
I’m not saying it can’t be done, but don’t use mid major accomplishments as proof that a coach will definitely get it done at a big school.

You can’t ignore the debacle the last two seasons have been no matter how hard you try.

Reactions: Upset Alert
You still hang around here when most of your guarantees have been proven wrong, Hunter Johnson and Billy Donovan.
I said Hunter Johnson was likely Purdue but the only other school that had a chance was Northwestern.

I also announced the Archie hiring and the Crean firing.

I’m not close to the program anymore. Never once claimed to be. But I know a lot of people who still are...including two trustees.

You said this:

You and the rest of your cult will eventually have to come back to Earth like you did with Crean. I’ll be waiting.

You and the rest of your cult will eventually have to come back to Earth like you did with Crean. I’ll be waiting.
Says the guy with a Bob Knight picture. Talk about a "cult". I suppose you were a Texas Tech fan too? Kinda how cult members follow their leader no matter what he does or where he goes.

It will take Archie time, but I still think he turns it around. Let him get his own players in there that haven’t been creaned. He’s a good coach and trying to rebuild a train wreck. It doesn’t happen overnight. I think brooks is yours to lose. I think unc is where he goes only if he has lost all faith in Indiana.
How many 4 and 5 star players are currently on the team? There's a lot of talent on that team. Now I don't know if it's Archie or the players but I wonder if it's a chemistry issue. Is something wrong in the locker room? At the start of the year a lot of IU fans thought there might be 2 all BIG players on the roster. I wonder who will be back next season.

But how do you explain being wrong on everything?
I still believe Archie is a good coach and I think the defense is much improved which would keep them in games. Felt like the offense would gel after players came back from injuries and shots would start falling. The latter has not happened yet, but I’m still hopeful that we may see improvement by the end of the season in that area. My “prediction” actually has to do with basketball and a minimal knowledge of what I see on the court. You or I do not see what happens behind the scenes. That’s the difference between you and I....you are so arrogant and ignorant that you think you have all the answers. I’ve actually played sports up to the college level and am currently a coach. I know that more goes on with a team than what we see on TV, but you can’t grasp that concept because of your lack of knowledge.

Become a legend? That was your pitch to Romeo too. Is he a legend?

TommyCracker is liking this post and thinks we’d be better off without Romeo. Are we better off without a legend?

Romeo is a distraction for what we're getting which is four more points per game than we got from an average shooter in Robert Johnson.

Did you see the last three minutes vs OSU? Two critical turnovers, two missed shots (one another horrible three from 25 feet out when we're down two) and a stuff.

Or maybe that was Iowa when again playing hero ball we lose in the last two minutes.

Remember Frankievision tweeting how selfish Phinesse was for actually hitting clutch shots against Penn State and Louisville because he should have passed to Romeo to be the hero?

That is the nonsense and distractions that Romeo fans bring and I'm looking forward to getting back to having a team vs a showcase for one dude. Just like the Bracey Wright era.

Brooks isn't Romeo as far as talent and has a questionable motor so yeah, guys are clamouring for him because of the gooroos but he's definitely not a savior. He's a good player with all conference potential but probably not
until he gets a year or two under his belt.

You probably don't understand that tho.

Last edited:
I still think we will still get Brooks but I think if things like what was in the post above he would have already committed to IU. I think Keion probably wants to come to IU and play with TJD but people in his family are not so sure on IU as the right place for him.

I’m not saying it can’t be done, but don’t use mid major accomplishments as proof that a coach will definitely get it done at a big school.

You can’t ignore the debacle the last two seasons have been no matter how hard you try.

there was a debacle last year? i'm starting to get that you see nothing in this world but debacles. lol

I still think we will still get Brooks but I think if things like what was in the post above he would have already committed to IU. I think Keion probably wants to come to IU and play with TJD but people in his family are not so sure on IU as the right place for him.
Who knows some have been saying since December he is committing next weekend, etc. for two months now and still has not. He may still come to IU but obviously it is no done deal or he would already have given his verbal.

I think this was a quote from Brian Snow

He also said that Indiana has the easiest path to playing time and there's a worry about that at MSU.

Along with the Kentucky one and done system is enticing but knows if he struggles there is pressure to move on.

Anything in these comments sound like a tough SOB to you?

As Bloom said, he can be rattled easily when you play him tough and get on him.

That doesn't scream strong to me. Talented yes. Strong minded no.

The good thing is he hopefully doesn't bring the clown posse with him and can actually develop naturally.

But those claiming he's the savior of next year are watching too many hype videos.

A guy on another site who coaches high school basketball in the state said the reason for Brooks holding off committing is there is a lot of negative recruiting going on. He also indicated that most of it surrounds the family not liking how the fans are calling for Archie head already and does not want any of the coaches not being there when Brooks is there. I know some of you won't believe this but I firmly believes that the fans anger towards coaching can have an negative effect on recruiting.
Baloney, other programs are after Brooks, also he and Jalen McDaniels
are being looked hard by the Wildcats. It depends if P. J. Washington
goes to the league at end of season and it appears that he will.
Archie isn't going anywhere this year or the next. The Brooks camp
knows this.

Fans anger does indeed hurt however, a Brooks commit would
lessen that quickly for now.

He also said that Indiana has the easiest path to playing time and there's a worry about that at MSU.

Along with the Kentucky one and done system is enticing but knows if he struggles there is pressure to move on.

Anything in these comments sound like a tough SOB to you?

As Bloom said, he can be rattled easily when you play him tough and get on him.

That doesn't scream strong to me. Talented yes. Strong minded no.

The good thing is he hopefully doesn't bring the clown posse with him and can actually develop naturally.

But those claiming he's the savior of next year are watching too many hype videos.
People have already anointed Hunter and TJD the saviors so Brooks will not need to worry about that.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Romeo is a distraction for what we're getting which is four more points per game than we got from an average shooter in Robert Johnson.

Did you see the last three minutes vs OSU? Two critical turnovers, two missed shots (one another horrible three from 25 feet out when we're down two) and a stuff.

Or maybe that was Iowa when again playing hero ball we lose in the last two minutes.

Remember Frankievision tweeting how selfish Phinesse was for actually hitting clutch shots against Penn State and Louisville because he should have passed to Romeo to be the hero?

That is the nonsense and distractions that Romeo fans bring and I'm looking forward to getting back to having a team vs a showcase for one dude. Just like the Bracey Wright era.

Brooks isn't Romeo as far as talent and has a questionable motor so yeah, guys are clamouring for him because of the gooroos but he's definitely not a savior. He's a good player with all conference potential but probably not
until he gets a year or two under his belt.

You probably don't understand that tho.
You said he’d be a legend though. True or no? What does legend mean to you?

there was a debacle last year? i'm starting to get that you see nothing in this world but debacles. lol
We lost to Indiana State by 20+.

We lost to IPFW.

We lost to Rutgers in the first round of the BTT.

Yes, that’s a debacle to put it mildly.

It's probably smart to hold off signing when the team is currently a train wreck? I would certainly tell my son "there's no rush, let's let this all play out". It's unlikely IU will rescind the offer. But the play of the team and home game atmosphere does enter into their decision. It can also help recruit because they see an empty roster and know they will get early and often playing time. But right now it's not urgent to sign with IU.

The limiting factor for Romeo is the lack of team shooting that allows teams to pack te paint and limit Romeos strengths. I continually watch him break to the basket withe ability to beat his man only to be met on the base,one by a rotating big. If IU were a threat from 3, we would see a different result from RL.

So he wasn’t a leader just because we were losing? One good leader means you win all of your games?

Yes...I saw him leading by example. Every single game.
So you saw him getting on guys? Holding them accountable?

I love Juwan. But he's NOT a vocal, get-in-your-face leader. And this team DESPERATELY needs one.

Reactions: papawboog
I think this was a quote from Brian Snow
You are such a pus. Iu is iu bc of the fans. I’m not going to change my mentality bc it may hurt a recruits feelings; I’m sure you would tho little girl. Easily offended ppl are weak minded and I wouldn’t want them on my team anyways. Back to ur ridiculous crying now Scotty

Reactions: SIhoosier26
You wouldn't know leadership if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle.

You are a coward and a habitual liar and you really just need to STFU.
No, he just says what the old Crean cult doesn’t wanna hear. It’s the same ppl butt hurt now that were butt hurt about doggin on Crean. Hell if it was up to u guys we’d still have him

You are such a pus. Iu is iu bc of the fans. I’m not going to change my mentality bc it may hurt a recruits feelings; I’m sure you would tho little girl. Easily offended ppl are weak minded and I wouldn’t want them on my team anyways. Back to ur ridiculous crying now Scotty
Brooks isn't ultimately making his decision based on what idiots on a message board spew out or how a fanbase reacts. If he was, BBN would have eliminated Kentucky as an option a LONG time ago.

Reactions: RiverView31
No, he just says what the old Crean cult doesn’t wanna hear. It’s the same ppl butt hurt now that were butt hurt about doggin on Crean. Hell if it was up to u guys we’d still have him

Beg your pardon? You think I was a CBL?

Oh, you are so sorely mistaken.

You joined the board this past Sunday. You know sh!t about absolutely nothing.

I keep seeing the coach K example so I guess that is what many people are expecting. Who knew.
The coach K example is referring to the heated calls for his job early in his career.

Will Archie develop into an icon? Hell, idk. I can't GUARANTEE that and WON'T guarantee that. But if we don't give him an opportunity to either sink or swim, just how attractive will this job be to the next guy we try to bring in here?

Last edited:
Reactions: IU Hardcore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT