ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Highlight was smelling manure already spread on harvested fields on a cool fall morning.

Highlight No. 2 was watching Tagovailoa, who reminded me of ARE - small, quick tackle avoider - but is not nearly as good as ARE. Reminiscent is not equal.

Highlight 3 was holding Tagovailoa to 85 under his passing average.

Highlight 4 was the Marching Hundred playing from the stands. Better songs. Sounded good.

Highlight No. 5 was watching both Maryland fans cheer.

Highlight 6 was giving up and setting aside all hope Because we played better than I thought and still can’t win and I have accepted our fate for 2022. The end comes quick after it becomes inevitable. The cheerleader isn’t going to the prom with me. There won’t even be a prom. Our powder is wet.

I'll wave the white flag if we lose to Rutgers, it is what it is. This team feels like they could be better than their record indicates, just absolutely can't put it together.
They were a lot closer to 1-6 than 4-3 right now. The amount of crazy luck that took place to win the Ill and WK games was off the charts. They are fortunate to be at 3-4 right now.

I see the 2021 season lingering on this team. 2019 and 2020 showed promise that IU players knew how to win. 2021, with the coaches we had, destroyed that concept but I was hopeful this group could overcome the 2021 season, it is clear they can't with the new coaches and players.

IU took a chance on a QB Missouri no longer wanted and it hasn't been good, except for the Illinois game, for IU. Add in new coaches trying to change what happened in 2021, many were pointing out this could be a tough year due to new coaches. Now a number act as if IU should be teams with better talent IE Nebraska, MD.

Those calling for coach Allen to be fired, I have no hopes Dolsen would hire a better coach. He seems to give IUFB the back burner despite saying he learned from Mallory he needed to focus on football.

Reactions: ESalum86
I see the 2021 season lingering on this team. 2019 and 2020 showed promise that IU players knew how to win. 2021, with the coaches we had, destroyed that concept but I was hopeful this group could overcome the 2021 season, it is clear they can't with the new coaches and players.

IU took a chance on a QB Missouri no longer wanted and it hasn't been good, except for the Illinois game, for IU. Add in new coaches trying to change what happened in 2021, many were pointing out this could be a tough year due to new coaches. Now a number act as if IU should be teams with better talent IE Nebraska, MD.

Those calling for coach Allen to be fired, I have no hopes Dolsen would hire a better coach. He seems to give IUFB the back burner despite saying he learned from Mallory he needed to focus on football.
Anytime you have an AD that spent their whole career entrenched at IU and learned everything they know from Surfboard Fred, bad stuff is going to happen. Until that changes, IU will continue to operate like it always does.

Reactions: Sophie1970
Re #5, I saw 2 Maryland fans, a young couple, in a Grass Lots Porta Potty Line. Must’ve been them. Either that or maybe they had twice the number of fans (4) than we are giving them credit for!!

I’ve been to home and road games starting in 1976. Yesterday was the fewest visiting fans (saw just those 2) I can ever recall.

Re #5, I saw 2 Maryland fans, a young couple, in a Grass Lots Porta Potty Line. Must’ve been them. Either that or maybe they had twice the number of fans (4) than we are giving them credit for!!

I’ve been to home and road games starting in 1976. Yesterday was the fewest visiting fans (saw just those 2) I can ever recall.
They probably heard about Martinsville.

Something happened to the culture of this program sometime in the summer last year. I have no idea what (maybe taking in the transfers we did?), but there’s something missing. Not sure Allen can get it back. The whole LEO can be a gimmick whose time has passed. If that is the case, we are simply playing out the clock IMO.

Something happened to the culture of this program sometime in the summer last year. I have no idea what (maybe taking in the transfers we did?), but there’s something missing. Not sure Allen can get it back. The whole LEO can be a gimmick whose time has passed. If that is the case, we are simply playing out the clock IMO.
I think we replaced a coach that actually taught tangible football principals, with a coach that operates with smoke and mirrors.

Allen’s first few teams benefitted from the smoldering embers of Wilson’s program. His LEO stuff fanned those flames. But once the fundamental football people and skills were all gone…well we’re seeing what remains.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Wilson’s. He was an A hole. And I don’t think he was right as our long term coach. Heck, he probably would have left after a bowl game or two anyways. But he did know how to coach football. All he needed was a solid DC to be successful. Allen needs solid everything around him.

Id say these next couple years are gonna be long and dark. Our program will have been set back, yet again. And in todays NIL climate, I’m not sure we’ll recover any time soon.

I just hope it doesn’t end up costing us a spot in the B10, or whatever the conference ends up being named.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT