ADVERTISEMENT

"Brohm excited about the schedule..."

IUHDog

All-Big Ten
Oct 15, 2002
Chattanooga, TN
Headline of an article from the Purdue Rivals site. Well of course he is - who wouldn't be? He needs a good year and what better way to get it than to play the B10 West, IU (protected game), and let's see:

Michigan State - nope
Michigan - uh no
Penn State - nada
Ohio State - nein
Maryland - hardly

So that leaves Rutgers at Purdue.

Excited? I would flippin hope so.

Last edited:
From the Purdue Rivals site. Well of course he is - who wouldn't be? He needs a good year and what better way to get it than to play the B10 West, IU (protected game), and let's see:

Michigan State - nope
Michigan - uh no
Penn State - nada
Ohio State - nein
Maryland - hardly

He should be excited about their schedule every year.
Arguably the weakest division of any P5 conference in the country.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman and 76-1
Headline of an article from the Purdue Rivals site. Well of course he is - who wouldn't be? He needs a good year and what better way to get it than to play the B10 West, IU (protected game), and let's see:

Michigan State - nope
Michigan - uh no
Penn State - nada
Ohio State - nein
Maryland - hardly

First off, I wouldn't brag about Maryland and MSU being tough teams to play. Msu is ok, probably #4 in the west. Maryland probably last.

Anyways, the bulk of the article is about how Brohm is excited to be playing football. If anything, Brohm probably wishes he played OSU and um. He likes playing tough teams and tough non-conference games. Like any coach, they are just excited to play football.

Going off last year's schedule, which I hate doing because teams change, the top 6 teams in order were osu, Wisconsin, Minny, PSU, UM, Iowa?

Ask Daddy Hoosier...he's the ratings guy.
Well thanks! I don't have any issues with that order. And I wouldn't call that a weak schedule by any stretch of the imagination.
The West is obviously not as strong at the top but there is not as much of a drop-off at the bottom. That said I wouldn't put Rutgers ahead of Maryland. The Terps have talent but for whatever reason they don't get what they could out of it. They are the type of team that could beat Michigan by 13 and then turn around and lose to Rutgers. At least that's how I felt about them the last couple years. Things may be such a mess there now that it could take a year or two for them to recover.
I have a hard time believing that the bottom of the Big Ten West is any worse than the bottom of the ACC, Big 12 or Pac-12. Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, and Nebraska are all respectable teams. Are they world beaters? No, but it's not like they're terrible. Of course some people think if you're not ranked number one with all the number one votes in both polls that you're irrelevant but there's no need to converse with people like that.

Well thanks! I don't have any issues with that order. And I wouldn't call that a weak schedule by any stretch of the imagination.
The West is obviously not as strong at the top but there is not as much of a drop-off at the bottom. That said I wouldn't put Rutgers ahead of Maryland. The Terps have talent but for whatever reason they don't get what they could out of it. They are the type of team that could beat Michigan by 13 and then turn around and lose to Rutgers. At least that's how I felt about them the last couple years. Things may be such a mess there now that it could take a year or two for them to recover.
I have a hard time believing that the bottom of the Big Ten West is any worse than the bottom of the ACC, Big 12 or Pac-12. Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, and Nebraska are all respectable teams. Are they world beaters? No, but it's not like they're terrible. Of course some people think if you're not ranked number one with all the number one votes in both polls that you're irrelevant but there's no need to converse with people like that.
I agree with this assessment. I think Marylands biggest issue is coaching. I'm not sure how good locksley is. Moving to the west, I think Minny takes a big step back, which is why I said I don't like using last season as an example. But on the flip side, I expect one of Purdue or Nebraska to take a step forward. I think Purdue is more likely than Nebraska based off pieces. I'm not sure what to make of northwestern this year. I think Ramsey makes them good?

Reactions: vesuvius13
This just was reported

MADISON, Wis. -- We're still just under three weeks out from the 2020 season opener and already Wisconsin is going through some injury adversity.

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, starting quarterback and senior Jack Coansuffered a broken foot in practice and is out indefinitely.

It's unknown if Coan will be ready for the Oct. 24 season opener against Illinois. Last season, Coan started all 14 games and completed 69.6 percent of his passes for 2,727 yards and 18 touchdowns to just five interceptions. His 236 completions were a single-season school record, while his 2,727 yards ranked third in program history.

I put on my hip waders and ventured over to the Hog Barn for the first time in a long time. There was one active thread...167 posts long about IU. The GBI hog sloppers were desperately trying to get some other topics started but IU is what they want to talk about. As per usual.

As for their schedule...after getting past being a bit embarrassed, who wouldn't be salivating over that lineup. They have a chance to win 5 games.

Michigan State - nope
Michigan - uh no
Penn State - nada
Ohio State - nein
Maryland - hardly

I'm just glad we get to play football this year. I could care less what any coach thinks about anything, and given how the first couple weeks have gone for most conferences, rankings and numbers don't mean anything this year. If you don't come out of the gate firing on all cylinders, you are going to lose no matter who you play. With no "tune up games" this season, anyone can beat anyone on any given Saturday. All I hope is IU is ready to go on October 24th.

This season has shown that any game can be different than many think it will be. I hope IU is fired up coming out against PSU and keep the pressure on them all game starting the season 1-0. If they can pull off that then who knows how the season will end up because of the confidence they have going into the games.

This just was reported

MADISON, Wis. -- We're still just under three weeks out from the 2020 season opener and already Wisconsin is going through some injury adversity.

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, starting quarterback and senior Jack Coansuffered a broken foot in practice and is out indefinitely.

It's unknown if Coan will be ready for the Oct. 24 season opener against Illinois. Last season, Coan started all 14 games and completed 69.6 percent of his passes for 2,727 yards and 18 touchdowns to just five interceptions. His 236 completions were a single-season school record, while his 2,727 yards ranked third in program history.
I think Wisconsin said he could be out for quite sometime. Not sure what that means exactly but could be a big break for Purdue. Interesting to see if the 5 star backup can perform in his place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT