ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Evans on Woodson, Senior Day, Neb loss - Classic

I think he was making a lot more than $1. At least $50K, maybe $75K+. Now perhaps 3x that. No idea if that source is true.

It would fit the wastefulness theme at IU. All that NIL, AD budget for bball, and $ for “coach”, and IU is watching from home right now.
... think deeper, real estate and insurance and such matters, that's what i think. i can totally get why evans in particular might be somewhat leery of the direction of the program. inner hautean sixth sense tells me that's a whats a brewin ...

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
... think deeper, real estate and insurance and such matters, that's what i think. i can totally get why evans in particular might be somewhat leery of the direction of the program. inner hautean sixth sense tells me that's a whats a brewin ...
I see what you did

Reactions: go_iu
Sorry if this was posted already but it deserves its own thread. Evans' candor is awesome and love his defense of the fans and IU BB program.

Just listened he is right why did leal and galloway need a senior night whent they are coming back? I think the whole thing was staged as a pr stunt by woodson honestly.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Yeah. I don’t agree with Leal, but he’s a young person on the team so whatever it’s fine (unlike Woody’s comments/situation). Not that my opinion matters.

Brian Evans earned his senior night and has the right to speak up on this topic. I’m glad he did, this whole program needs a reality check.
It’s not mentioned in this thread, but Evans pointed out that both Leal and Galloway knew that they were coming back for another season when they opted to stand there in front of Indiana fans with their framed jerseys…..

I see what you did

I see what you did
yeah, you can hear it in his voice. played boys club against him and trent jones a lot ... i think they may have been on the same damn team 1 year. We had a good team, but it was hardly fair, i recall one or the other had 20 by half and they got pulled, their games were pretty much over 80+% of the time, we got them like 1 out of 5 or so ... xmas tourney i think. he was like the boys club equivalent of kevin durant probably best way it could be described.

Anyway, he's not the kind of guy to get involved in those kinds of deals and i bet he knows a whole lot more than he's saying. he is a true hautean and his sensibilities are probably not wanting attention like that at our age to say more ...

Last edited:
FK Woodson

Coach “I’ve Done My Job”
You haven’t done $hit Woodson. You haven’t sniffed the surface of what your job is. Unless the job title standards have been reduced to failure followed by self promotion and false entitlement then yea you’ve done your job. Maybe Dolson set the bar real low in favor of you. Arrogant entitled undeserving under qualified buddy system hire. Biggest fail post Knight era we have to digest with more to come. Finish burning to the ground what’s been smoking for over 20 years. Brand will be proud.

Reactions: CriticArisen
It’s not mentioned in this thread, but Evans pointed out that both Leal and Galloway knew that they were coming back for another season when they opted to stand there in front of Indiana fans with their framed jerseys…..
i 100% agree, their position as it relates to covid is unique; however, the university owes them nothing in my mind. Certainly not a guaranteed player optional year. the university has fulfilled its scholarship/degree obligation to both.

i too take exception to either using their circumstantial position to leverage NIL and the dumpster fire that woodson tends to for personal gain and play their cards for as long as possible. if you go through senior night, you go bye. i don't think either has earned the right to tie up scholarships or stand in the way of the development of what is left when iu grows a brain and fixes the problem. they both need to move on with life

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT