ADVERTISEMENT

Brady suspended for 4 games HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dear Lord you really are retarded.

stfu-1.jpg

Actually, Wells offered to let Brady's attorney go through the phone, retain possession of it, and only release to the investigative team those texts dealing directly with ball pressure. In other words, Brady had the option of determining for himself what to share. And he still declined.

Stop lying.

I didn't say otherwise.

Imagine how Wells would have spun that agreement in his report:

"We were not allowed to see the phone. They would only agree to text sharing if they were able to pick and choose what we were able to see. There was nothing incriminating there, but we feel that, more likely than not, they chose to withhold any incriminating information"

It was a no-win situation, oh obtuse one.

He answered questions for as long as they wanted him to do so.

It would be ludicrous for an NFL players union executive to hand over his phone to a hired agent of the NFL, who has leaked like a sieve through this whole process.

The guys who did give over their phones had personal discussions with family members published about the wedding plans of one of them, and his efforts to sell his sister's unused season tickets.

This is different than Brett Favre, for example, who was accused of sending dick pictures with his phone. He wouldn't turn over the very item that he used to commit an actual crime.

But... whatever. I know you are intentionally being obtuse.
Like i said...failure to cooperate and stonewalling an investigation.

I hope Brady sues the league.

Reactions: John B Doe
Mods, a suggestion: can we have outside serial killer suspended concurrently with the suspension for Brady?

Does the presentation of fact-based arguments violate terms of service? Or does it just make you uncomfortable as you come to grips with your ignorance?

I didn't say otherwise.

Imagine how Wells would have spun that agreement in his report:

"We were not allowed to see the phone. They would only agree to text sharing if they were able to pick and choose what we were able to see. There was nothing incriminating there, but we feel that, more likely than not, they chose to withhold any incriminating information"

It was a no-win situation, oh obtuse one.

Conspiracy theories now...

I hope Brady sues the league.

That will be glorious. First item: charges of unfair labor practices, as NFL executives leaked false information, such as 11 of 12 footballs were over 2 psi low, to smear his name.

Win than one and any punishment meted out is done so by an independent arbitrator.

Then any half-decent lawyer would blow holes in the shoddy Wells report for said arbitrator.

Does the presentation of fact-based arguments violate terms of service? Or does it just make you uncomfortable as you come to grips with your ignorance?

Circumstantial evidence is oftentimes more compelling than physical evidence.

You've not addressed (at least as far as I can tell) anything to do with the texts or the parties to the texts. I could give two shits about the PSI of the balls and the Ideal Gas Law....but please explain away the texts.

Carry on...

Circumstantial evidence is oftentimes more compelling than physical evidence.

You've not addressed (at least as far as I can tell) anything to do with the texts or the parties to the texts. I could give two shits about the PSI of the balls and the Ideal Gas Law....but please explain away the texts.

Carry on...
Dude...he's a scientist. Dont argue with him.

No, so please feel free to come up with some of those. The request was more based on despite imploring you to do society the service of killing yourself months ago, you still continue to selfishly live and keep being here. The absence of your gnat-like presence during football season for a few weeks would at least be some consolation.

I have focused on the science-- comprising over 150 pages of the Wells report.

Another thing that irked me is the "gotcha" conclusion that Brady said he didn't even know who McNally was.

Mr. McNally worked just 8 days a year. Home game days, Period.

Tom could know him by appearance but not by name.

Example: I work in an office. A janitor comes by every day at 5PM to empty my trash can. He says hi to me, and I return the greeting. On Fridays I ask him to have a great weekend, or he asks me the same. On Mondays I ask him how the weekend went, or he asks me the same.

But... I do not know his name.

Let's say his name is "Mr Jones"

If someone asked me who "Mr Jones" was, I'd say that I don't know him.

If someone asked me who the friendly, short, older janitor who works in my building is, I'd say that I know him pretty well, that he's indeed very friendly, and that he does a great job.

-----------------

The inflation data, on the whole, does not implicate the Patriots in the LEAST. 70% of the Well report is thus trash.

Two issues remain: how to interpret the text messages, and how seriously to take Brady's decision not to give up his phone.

The first has issues in just how to interpret texts obviously intended to be humorous.

Texts indicate that they found that the refs screwed the Pats over vs. the Jets, with balls pumped to 16 psi, making TB furious, because "Tom wanted them at 13". Wells slipped up there. He included a text suggesting that Brady made the shocking suggestion to play with legally-inflated footballs.

The second, Brady keeping his phone, is perfectly understandable, considering how Wells used personal texts having nothing to do with ball inflation in his report (discussing a wedding, discussing a gifted football, as examples), Plus Brady's role with the NFLPA.

Sharing your phone means that anything can and likely will be leaked, relevant or not. No way you do that, absent a subpeona.

Last edited:
That will be glorious. First item: charges of unfair labor practices, as NFL executives leaked false information, such as 11 of 12 footballs were over 2 psi low, to smear his name.

Win than one and any punishment meted out is done so by an independent arbitrator.

Then any half-decent lawyer would blow holes in the shoddy Wells report for said arbitrator.

It would also force all cheatriots personnel to provide answers that the invetigation wasnt able to get because of the lack of cooperation and stonewalling. Tommy under oath? Tommy forced to turnover all phone records, email records, etc...?

The equipment guys having to testify under penalty of purgury? That would be really interesting...

Don't act like you understand high school science.

The 16 postdoctoral chemistry students I have trained in the past 10 years have seemed to learn quite well

Their jobs with Oak Ridge, Pacific Northwest National Labs, Vanderbilt, Emory, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Moffitt Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, and 4 pharmaceutical companies indicate some quality training.

The reviewers of the 9 federal grants I have gotten funded were also quite positive

Last edited:
The 16 postdoctoral chemistry students I have trained in the past 10 years have seemed to learn quite well

Their jobs with Oak Ridge, Pacific Northwest National Labs, Vanderbilt, Emory, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Moffitt Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, and 4 pharmaceutical companies indicate some quality training.

The reviewers of the 9 federal grants I have gotten funded were also quite positive

Why don't you post some pictures of them, abughabby.

Do you by any chance drive a Dodge Stratus?

Holy crap, Peter King on MMQB:

Officials used two gauges at halftime of the AFC Championship Game to measure the air pressure in 11 New England footballs and four Indianapolis footballs. On page 113 of the Wells report, after a description of the scientific Ideal Gas Law (eyes glaze over), Wells says the Patriots footballs should have measured between 11.32 psi and 11.52 psi. The average of one gauge for the 11 balls was 11.49 psi, on the upper range of what the balls should measure. The average of the other gauge was 11.11 psi, clearly lower than what the balls should have measured. Average all 22 readings, and you get 11.30 … two-one-hundredths lower what the Ideal Gas Law would have allowed for balls that started the day at 12.5 psi. You’re going to suspend someone—never mind a franchise quarterback, never mind without a smoking gun—for an air-pressure measurement of 11.30 when the allowable measurement would have been 11.32?

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/11/dante-fowler-jaguars-tom-brady-deflategate-nfl-peter-king/5/

This is like 12 Angry Men. One by one, people are saying "Wait a minute... is that REALLY their argument? There is no proof, at all!'

I have focused on the science-- comprising over 150 pages of the Wells report.

Another thing that irked me is the "gotcha" conclusion that Brady said he didn't even know who McNally was.

Mr. McNally worked just 8 days a year. Home game days, Period.

Tom could know him by appearance but not by name.

Example: I work in an office. A janitor comes by every day at 5PM to empty my trash can. He says hi to me, and I return the greeting. On Fridays I ask him to have a great weekend, or he asks me the same. On Mondays I ask him how the weekend went, or he asks me the same.

But... I do not know his name.

Let's say his name is "Mr Jones"

If someone asked me who "Mr Jones" was, I'd say that I don't know him.

If someone asked me who the friendly, short, older janitor who works in my building is, I'd say that I know him pretty well, that he's indeed very friendly, and that he does a great job.

-----------------

The inflation data, on the whole, does not implicate the Patriots in the LEAST. 70% of the Well report is thus trash.

Two issues remain: how to interpret the text messages, and how seriously to take Brady's decision not to give up his phone.

The first has issues in just how to interpret texts obviously intended to be humorous.

Texts indicate that they found that the refs screwed the Pats over vs. the Jets, with balls pumped to 16 psi, making TB furious, because "Tom wanted them at 13". Wells slipped up there. He included a text suggesting that Brady made the shocking suggestion to play with legally-inflated footballs.

The second, Brady keeping his phone, is perfectly understandable, considering how Wells used personal texts having nothing to do with ball inflation in his report (discussing a wedding, discussing a gifted football, as examples), Plus Brady's role with the NFLPA.

Sharing your phone means that anything can and likely will be leaked, relevant or not. No way you do that, absent a subpeona.

Thanks for posting this -- it makes it clear that a "scientist" knows how to generate smoke.

First, your comment that the Wells report allegedly said "that Brady said he didn't even know who McNally was" is wrong. P. 19 of the Wells report says Brady claimed "he did not know McNally‟s name." This is a non-scientific straw man you created for the purpose of claiming the Wells Report says something that it really didn't.

Second, your discussion of texts that "indicate that they found that the refs screwed the Pats over vs. the Jets, with balls pumped to 16 psi" admits that the Patriots were sticking needles in footballs after the referees had measured them. Even if this occurred hours or days after that particular game was over, your reliance on "16 psi" is unscientific because there were no controls, no atmospheric/temperature measurements, no documentation of the type of examination, no description of the measuring device. Contrary to your position, this appears to be the Patriots' excuse for removing air from footballs after the referees had handled them.

Third, your discussion of the text saying that "Tom wanted them at 13" contradicts several of Brady's past statements. At Brady's press conference on 1-22-15 he said: "I like them at the way that I like them, which is at 12.5. To me, that's a perfect grip for the football." The text and the press conference indicate clearly that Brady knew the exact requirements of the rule he was trying to skirt. If Brady really had told the equipment guys that he "wanted them at 13", there really isn't any explanation why he told the public that he likes the balls at 12.5.

Finally, your references to "Brady's decision not to give up his phone," "Brady keeping his phone," and "Sharing your phone means that anything can and likely will be leaked, relevant or not" create a false impression that the investigators were trying to take possession of Brady's phone. P. 21 of the Wells Report says Brady:

"declined to make available any documents or electronic information (including text messages and emails) that we requested, even though those requests were limited to the subject matter of our investigation (such as messages concerning the preparation of game balls, air pressure of balls, inflation of balls or deflation of balls) and we offered to allow Brady‟s counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive materials and would not involve our taking possession of Brady‟s telephone or other electronic devices."​

Two days ago, Brady's agent confirmed this by saying, "the Wells investigative team did ask us to go through Tom’s phone on our own and provide them with information if we chose to go that route." So, your suggestion that the Wells team demanded possession of Brady's phone is inexcusable.

Man, you're really letting your emotions cloud your thinking here, and your efforts (as well as those of Kraft, current and former Patriots, Brady's agent etc.) only enhance the appearance that something is wrong and is being covered up. The NFL doesn't have to accept your "scientific" explanation as the only valid "scientific" explanation and does not have disregard the other non-scientific evidence, such as apparent indications of deception and noncooperation. The NFL is a private organization and probably will be permitted to police itself however it chooses.

Holy crap, Peter King on MMQB:

Officials used two gauges at halftime of the AFC Championship Game to measure the air pressure in 11 New England footballs and four Indianapolis footballs. On page 113 of the Wells report, after a description of the scientific Ideal Gas Law (eyes glaze over), Wells says the Patriots footballs should have measured between 11.32 psi and 11.52 psi. The average of one gauge for the 11 balls was 11.49 psi, on the upper range of what the balls should measure. The average of the other gauge was 11.11 psi, clearly lower than what the balls should have measured. Average all 22 readings, and you get 11.30 … two-one-hundredths lower what the Ideal Gas Law would have allowed for balls that started the day at 12.5 psi. You’re going to suspend someone—never mind a franchise quarterback, never mind without a smoking gun—for an air-pressure measurement of 11.30 when the allowable measurement would have been 11.32?

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/11/dante-fowler-jaguars-tom-brady-deflategate-nfl-peter-king/5/
Ha...not really. You find one article amongst dozens to support your theory. It's the cover up as much as the deed, as so often happens. And finally, who the hell cares if it's the franchise quarterback or the back up scrub? Actually all the more reason to penalize the cheater and make a statement. Relax and enjoy, OS. It's coming. Nothing you, Tommy boy, or Belecheat can do to prevent it, regardless of how many emails you send or posts you make.

I did expect an unbiased and scientifically sound analysis.

My faith was sorely misplaced.
I have read through the posts and your defense of this issue. You seem to be the one looking at the outcome you want and trying to explain your less likely cause for the balls to be out of spec. That may be okay in the academic world, but it will get you in a lot of trouble in the real world.

Word of advice. Accept the report and drop it. Your stand makes you look like a Purdouche fan.

OS......I as a fellow Huge Patriots Fan I have a different opinion of the entire Deflategate. I am sure Brady and the two guys had something to do with footballs on a cold and wet day. However, the NFL knew this, knows this happens in other places (Aaron Rogers, Eli Manning, Vikings vs Carolina game in November) and thus why the fine is $25,000 per ball that is under inflated or over inflated.

The NFL knew from the COLTS that this was about to happen in the AFC Title game. So the question is as follows:

1) Why didn't the NFL approach the Patriots and Colts before the game and tell them "WE ARE WATCHING and WILL MEASURE". If integrity of the game means that much and was asked for by the Colts...then why not make sure before the game that the integrity was not compromised???

2) The NFL Blew this one big time- They had awareness this was about to happen, didn't stop this and still cant and couldnt produce evidence that is occurred. This is only a story because the Colts warned an INDY writer what was going on and they were upset the NFL didn't do this before the game. The NFL knowingly was looking at pressure of balls and still let a Patriots staffer alone with these balls??? How dumb and incompetent are these people????

3) This is a smear campaign like no other. The Falcons pump music into a Dome and get a fine and no press. Carolina and Vikings mess with the balls during a cold game and get a small fine. Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning admit they fool with Footballs. Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms etc say every QB had their own stamp on the balls. They know, knew this is the case and thus why a $25K fine is the punishment. Why are they talking suspension when the penalty is $25K a football. Why isnt this 25K x How many footballs they think were under inflated?????

Frickin Jerry Rice says he puts Stickem on his hands and no one asks if Montana Superbowls are tainted. Or does this only apply to the Patriots?

The entire situation was and is overblown by the NFL and Media. It ruined the Superbowl Press week and why are we even talking about this.

The only true Facts that matter is that Brady with correctly inflated balls outscored the Colts 28-0 and then threw against the #1 Defense in performance that was legendary.

I expect the NFL to come down HARD on Brady because they want to look like Tough guys laying down the hammer. However, this story is only a story because the NFL blew this one really badly and the one that should get suspended is Roger and V.P. of game operations Mike Kensil for knowingly screwing this entire thing up.

Facts are Facts and the only proven Fact that is out there is Tom Brady has 4 Superbowl wins and people can't stand that fact.

Thanks for posting this -- it makes it clear that a "scientist" knows how to generate smoke.

First, your comment that the Wells report allegedly said "that Brady said he didn't even know who McNally was" is wrong. P. 19 of the Wells report says Brady claimed "he did not know McNally‟s name." This is a non-scientific straw man you created for the purpose of claiming the Wells Report says something that it really didn't.

what I said: "Tom could know him by appearance but not by name."

what Wells said "Brady claimed "he did not know McNally‟s name"

No difference WHATSOEVER!

Second, your discussion of texts that "indicate that they found that the refs screwed the Pats over vs. the Jets, with balls pumped to 16 psi" admits that the Patriots were sticking needles in footballs after the referees had measured them.

The texts are clear that the measurements were made the next day. Footballs pumped up legally, today, at room temperature are never going to be 3 psi higher tomorrow, at room temperature.

Is this hard for you to grasp?

Third, your discussion of the text saying that "Tom wanted them at 13" contradicts several of Brady's past statements. At Brady's press conference on 1-22-15 he said: "I like them at the way that I like them, which is at 12.5. To me, that's a perfect grip for the football." The text and the press conference indicate clearly that Brady knew the exact requirements

It would also appear that the Jets game, when the footballs were awfully over-inflated, was the time at which the ball boys or Brady realized that, upon request, the refs can be asked to change their standard practice of putting footballs at 13 psi, if you show them that 12.5 psi is perfectly legal.

Two days ago, Brady's agent confirmed this by saying, "the Wells investigative team did ask us to go through Tom’s phone on our own and provide them with information if we chose to go that route." So, your suggestion that the Wells team demanded possession of Brady's phone is inexcusable.

They wanted him to share the information from the phone. I made that perfectly clear, doofus. They would have taken info provided by Tom's attorney, and clearly they would have taken it with a skeptical eye that "more likely than not" Brady and his lawyer were picking and choosing what not to show them. This was their attitude throughout the entire process.

Man, you're really letting your emotions cloud your thinking here

On the contrary, I am asking people to take a careful, cold, dispassionate look at the scientific data for yourself.

Many of those who have done so, and who were among the Patriots harshest critics (Mike Florio, Peter King) have concluded that the scientific aspects of the report are complete and utter bunk.

OS......I as a fellow Huge Patriots Fan I have a different opinion of the entire Deflategate. I am sure Brady and the two guys had something to do with footballs on a cold and wet day. However, the NFL knew this, knows this happens in other places (Aaron Rogers, Eli Manning, Vikings vs Carolina game in November) and thus why the fine is $25,000 per ball that is under inflated or over inflated.

The NFL knew from the COLTS that this was about to happen in the AFC Title game. So the question is as follows:

1) Why didn't the NFL approach the Patriots and Colts before the game and tell them "WE ARE WATCHING and WILL MEASURE". If integrity of the game means that much and was asked for by the Colts...then why not make sure before the game that the integrity was not compromised???

2) The NFL Blew this one big time- They had awareness this was about to happen, didn't stop this and still cant and couldnt produce evidence that is occurred. This is only a story because the Colts warned an INDY writer what was going on and they were upset the NFL didn't do this before the game. The NFL knowingly was looking at pressure of balls and still let a Patriots staffer alone with these balls??? How dumb and incompetent are these people????

3) This is a smear campaign like no other. The Falcons pump music into a Dome and get a fine and no press. Carolina and Vikings mess with the balls during a cold game and get a small fine. Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning admit they fool with Footballs. Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms etc say every QB had their own stamp on the balls. They know, knew this is the case and thus why a $25K fine is the punishment. Why are they talking suspension when the penalty is $25K a football. Why isnt this 25K x How many footballs they think were under inflated?????

Frickin Jerry Rice says he puts Stickem on his hands and no one asks if Montana Superbowls are tainted. Or does this only apply to the Patriots?

The entire situation was and is overblown by the NFL and Media. It ruined the Superbowl Press week and why are we even talking about this.

The only true Facts that matter is that Brady with correctly inflated balls outscored the Colts 28-0 and then threw against the #1 Defense in performance that was legendary.

I expect the NFL to come down HARD on Brady because they want to look like Tough guys laying down the hammer. However, this story is only a story because the NFL blew this one really badly and the one that should get suspended is Roger and V.P. of game operations Mike Kensil for knowingly screwing this entire thing up.

Facts are Facts and the only proven Fact that is out there is Tom Brady has 4 Superbowl wins and people can't stand that fact.

Oh goody, now you're both here.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

(credit to Phish)

3 pages of trolling a mentally ill person who thinks he is a real life scientist.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

What are you talking about? That's just an average day for the AOTF. In fact I'm disappointed it was only 3 pages, but then again it was a weekend we are talking about. Everyone knows the productivity of the AOTF increases dramatically during working hours.

I fundamentally disagee with edubs.

The "everybody does it" argument is a stupid way to justify an accusation, if real data suggest that you didn't do it in the first place.

Science says nothing happeneD.

Witchhunt OVER.

Stepping Back and looking at this I honestly think this should be a $25K fine per football under-inflated. However, I also think the Colts should be fined 25K x their footballs also

giphy.gif

Cheers to the new message boards for making it easy to avoid this pointless topic.

And yet here you are posting is said pointless topic?

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I'm sure you realize it was just as easy to avoid pointless topics in the previous version of the message board as well right? Just not click on them? (Of course you did.)

Reactions: tried&true
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT