ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Stevens discusses what IU means to him...

Perhaps you can get Vanna to sell you a clue. One of our assistant coaches just got the PSU job, NOT our HC.
Over the last 5 years, here's what Purdue has done:

BIG - 4th, 10th, 1st, 2nd, 1st and we finished in 3rd place the two years prior to this.
NCAAT - TBD, CV-19, Elite 8, Sweet 16, Sweet 16

We have the youngest team in the BIG, with NO Seniors, so everyone comes back next year. We have 4 Freshmen that were BIG Freshman of the Week, 3 won it twice and two were selected to the BIG All Freshman team.
We also have Furst (#42) and TKR (#30) coming in.
As I said, Life is Good in Boilerland.

PUky wasn't getting in the dance last year had their been one, Dodged bullet just like the Bucket game last fall.

Nice bar you guys have set up there.
I said final 4 next year is the bar and you told me it wasn't feasible because of history. So what more we supposed to do? We win, we are told nice bar, we day final 4, we are laughed at.

Maybe, just maybe, history doesn't dictate the future.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
The delusion continues. I am neither embittered, nor obsessed. As I said before, I find your delusions amusing.
BBall games don't start, until tomorrow and there's not much going on at GBI, so here I am, having fun. I've only been here for a few days, since you canned the Mayor of Munchkinland. I'm curious to see who you get and how long he'll last.

lol no Sporto you are as obsessed as the rest of them.

But we are used to it.

don't make me link threads from GBI just to prove my point. They are there. If you're going to engage, at least be factually accurate. If I wanted to argue outside of the factual world and strictly on emotion, I would go stir it up with my wife.

I suspect you were on the free board, rather than on GBI. Go ahead, link some threads to prove your irrelevant point, if it makes you feel better.

GBI has 11 IU-related threads on the first page of the free bball board alone. The main one covering CAM's ouster has more replies and more views than any other thread, by an exponential factor.

There's almost as much IU chatter over there as there is here.

Meanwhile you guys are a #4 seed in the tourney, but that doesn't seem to be as intereting.

See....facts can be your friend, or your enemy.

That's the Free board.

The delusion continues. I am neither embittered, nor obsessed. As I said before, I find your delusions amusing.
BBall games don't start, until tomorrow and there's not much going on at GBI, so here I am, having fun. I've only been here for a few days, since you canned the Mayor of Munchkinland. I'm curious to see who you get and how long he'll last.
So Purdue is a 4 seed in the tourney, has a game the day after tomorrow...IU season's been dead for weeks , but you're HERE because there's 'not much going on at GBI' ?

Err., ok. Tell us again how great it is to be a Purdue fan.

Reactions: lifelonghoosier

giphy.gif

Give me ALL the rumors.

As I stated, he’s reached the ceiling at Purdue. Nothing else he can achieve there.

He can keep beating IU on a regular basis. How many years do you think it will be, before IU wins a game against Purdue? 15? 20?

People were saying that the Sweet 16 was Painter's ceiling, until he got to the Elite 8 and within seconds of a Final Four. I believe he'll bust through that ceiling in the next two years.

I said final 4 next year is the bar and you told me it wasn't feasible because of history. So what more we supposed to do? We win, we are told nice bar, we day final 4, we are laughed at.

Maybe, just maybe, history doesn't dictate the future.
Carry on thinking you are final 4 bound next year. It will bring great enjoyment to see you fail to make it for 43rd straight time.

He can keep beating IU on a regular basis. How many years do you think it will be, before IU wins a game against Purdue? 15? 20?

People were saying that the Sweet 16 was Painter's ceiling, until he got to the Elite 8 and within seconds of a Final Four. I believe he'll bust through that ceiling in the next two years.
Purdue is 20-17 since 2000. Congrats on your slight lead this century.

At the very least, if I were BS, I'd go to Ainge and ask if they are solid with him beyond this year regardless. I'd say aside from the job I have, the IU job is the only other one I'd want, and that since things haven't gone as well for this season, if their management doesn't have confidence in me, then I'd like to take the IU job and let them pursue who they want as Coach. Kisses their butt and covers your ass at the same time.

I agree conceptually, but that is a conversation that his agent should have with Ainge. Brad needs to stay away from even broaching the subject, since that's why he has an agent. Brad should just keep coaching the team like he's going to do it for another 20 years.

I now know when it is being played. Thanks. I assume you had to look it up.

Is it on TV? PU and TX North are hardly ratings machines.

It's on TNT and no, I didn't have to look it up. Purdue is ranked #20, so if we were playing anyone but N. TX, the game would probably be on CBS. Such is life...

lol no Sporto you are as obsessed as the rest of them.

But we are used to it.

That's the amusing part of your delusion. You actually believe that people are obsessing about IU, but people are really amazed at your delusion. It's like driving on the hiway and you see an accident. You just have to slow down and look. It doesn't mean you want to be part of the wreck, but you feel sorry for the people involved.

So Purdue is a 4 seed in the tourney, has a game the day after tomorrow...IU season's been dead for weeks , but you're HERE because there's 'not much going on at GBI' ?

Err., ok. Tell us again how great it is to be a Purdue fan.

Is IU in the NCAAT? We are, so there's that.
We're playing N. TX and all the salient info will be on the board tomorrow.
Hopefully, that's not too complicated for you.

Keady's last few years and Painter's first year weren't very good, so I assume that's where you got most of your wins.
You'll be comforted to know that our lead will keep growing.
And Crean’s ending and Archie’s 4 years weren’t very good. You will be comforted to know your lead will be gone soon.

That's the amusing part of your delusion. You actually believe that people are obsessing about IU, but people are really amazed at your delusion. It's like driving on the hiway and you see an accident. You just have to slow down and look. It doesn't mean you want to be part of the wreck, but you feel sorry for the people involved.

and yet here you are

Tell yourself whatever you need to, to make yourself feel good.

I am not telling myself anything Sporto, I am laughing at you.

111 embittered IU-obsessed posts in seven days,,,let that sink in.

But that has gotten boring so enjoy whatever is left of your rather sad existence.

I am not telling myself anything Sporto, I am laughing at you.

111 embittered IU-obsessed posts in seven days,,,let that sink in.

But that has gotten boring so enjoy whatever is left of your rather sad existence.

I think you've cracked the case Sherlock. I'm on an IU board, so all my posts are IU obsessed. Perhaps I should have thrown in some Gator, Bama, Buckey and Hawkeye posts, so I wouldn't have appeared so obsessed to you. I'll file that away for future reference.

Too funny that a guy with over 25K posts accuses someone with 111 as having a sad existence.

He was mentioned within the last couple days and you know that.
No he wasn’t. He hasn’t been on a single hot board on any of the IU sites. You are the one bringing him up. I’ll give you the current hot board so you don’t sound so foolish in the future.

1. Beard
2. Beilein
3. Stevens
4. Musselman
5. Woodson
6. Matta
7. Pope

I think you've cracked the case Sherlock. I'm on an IU board, so all my posts are IU obsessed. Perhaps I should have thrown in some Gator, Bama, Buckey and Hawkeye posts, so I wouldn't have appeared so obsessed to you. I'll file that away for future reference.

Too funny that a guy with over 25K posts accuses someone with 111 as having a sad existence.

Psssst Sporto...

Those 25K are over 17 years.

Your posting rate (on your big brother's board to boot) is 4X mine.

Kinda led with your chin on that one Sporto

Welcome to ignore.

If Dolson gets permission to talk to BSs directly about the job, he should have CTA with him when he calls......Tom could preach it.....
He doesn’t need permission to speak with anyone. Now, let the Purdue obsessed back in so they can ruin the thread some more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT