ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Stevens discusses what IU means to him...

That's the difference between you and me. You spend your time reveling in all the great things that IU did 40 years ago and I enjoyed the things Purdue did, when they did them. Now, I'm more interested in all the great things that Purdue is going to do in the future and the future looks very bright.
What is Purdue going to do in the future that you are so interested in?

See new Tweets
Tweet

Dick Vitale. @DickieV
If I was a decision maker of @IndianaMBB. I would do ALL I can do to bring BRAD STEVENS back to college . After 8 years in the @NBA. the timing might just be RIGHT for him to return to the state where he built his fame .

Vitale tweet...been a while since I gave two shites about anything that came out of Dookie's mouth.

But when he tells you what you want to hear, he becomes a freakin Genius...LOL

What is Purdue going to do in the future that you are so interested in?
Hard to say considering anything beyond the sweet 16 takes a considerable amount of luck. See Virginia's win over Purdue. Lots of luck there.

Anyways, if the band comes back, Purdue is final 4 good next year. Shrewsberry's job should be quite attractive. Curious to see who ends up there.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
That's the difference between you and me. You spend your time reveling in all the great things that IU did 40 years ago and I enjoyed the things Purdue did, when they did them. Now, I'm more interested in all the great things that Purdue is going to do in the future and the future looks very bright.
Bright and Purdue fans don’t go together. Mooooooo!

Hard to say considering anything beyond the sweet 16 takes a considerable amount of luck. See Virginia's win over Purdue. Lots of luck there.

Anyways, if the band comes back, Purdue is final 4 good next year. Shrewsberry's job should be quite attractive. Curious to see who ends up there.
Final 4 or bust next year?

Trust me, no one thinks that, but you. We just find your delusions amusing, Nothing more. Nothing less.
don't make me link threads from GBI just to prove my point. They are there. If you're going to engage, at least be factually accurate. If I wanted to argue outside of the factual world and strictly on emotion, I would go stir it up with my wife.

Based on where the team is this year, assuming everyone comes back and progresses as you'd expect, it almost has to be doesn't it?
For a normal school or team maybe. However you are at 41 years of Keady and his clone at the helm. No Final 4s and only 3 Elite 8s in that timeframe.

Trust me, no one thinks that, but you. We just find your delusions amusing, Nothing more. Nothing less.
GBI has 11 IU-related threads on the first page of the free bball board alone. The main one covering CAM's ouster has more replies and more views than any other thread, by an exponential factor.

There's almost as much IU chatter over there as there is here.

Meanwhile you guys are a #4 seed in the tourney, but that doesn't seem to be as intereting.

See....facts can be your friend, or your enemy.

For a normal school or team maybe. However you are at 41 years of Keady and his clone at the helm. No Final 4s and only 3 Elite 8s in that timeframe.
Idk what the past has to do with the future though. It doesn't really affect a thing tbh. Painter proved a couple years ago he could coach a team to the final 4. A missed free throw and a lucky shot away from making it over the team that won it. That isn't coaching.

Painter has never had the type of athletes he has this year and will have next year. That makes a big difference. With the way Painter is recruiting and coming into his coaching prime, he's bound to make a final 4. Especially with the investment going into basketball now vs 8 years ago.

That's like saying stevens would get iu to the final 4 no problem because he's been there before.

But when he tells you what you want to hear, he becomes a freakin Genius...LOL
did I say that? read thru some of my posts regarding IU's realistic chances of getting Stevens.
All Vitale does is parrot what he hears others saying. He was never a genius, just a salesman who turned himself into a caricature to stick in the broadcast industry.

When do you guys play?

Seriously, we don't know and perhaps you don't either.

Friday night at 7:25, so there is not a lot going on, until games start tomorrow.

I would bet that every one of you knows what time that game is on and WILL watch it, if for no other reason, than to root against us...LOL. I always watch any games that BIG teams are playing in.

GBI has 11 IU-related threads on the first page of the free bball board alone. The main one covering CAM's ouster has more replies and more views than any other thread, by an exponential factor.

There's almost as much IU chatter over there as there is here.

Meanwhile you guys are a #4 seed in the tourney, but that doesn't seem to be as intereting.

See....facts can be your friend, or your enemy.
Also no pay site. IU has what 3-4?

Idk what the past has to do with the future though. It doesn't really affect a thing tbh. Painter proved a couple years ago he could coach a team to the final 4. A missed free throw and a lucky shot away from making it over the team that won it. That isn't coaching.

Painter has never had the type of athletes he has this year and will have next year. That makes a big difference. With the way Painter is recruiting and coming into his coaching prime, he's bound to make a final 4. Especially with the investment going into basketball now vs 8 years ago.
Painter has never made the final 4, so no he hasn’t proven he can coach a team to a final 4. You were a phantom foul away from losing in the sweet 16 yet again.

Your 2021 class is the first class with a top 50 player since 2015, so I wouldn’t say Painter is recruiting at a high level consistently. Painter is coaching to the Purdue ceiling, no doubt about it. If he wants a final 4, he will need to go somewhere else.

Painter has never made the final 4, so no he hasn’t proven he can coach a team to a final 4. You were a phantom foul away from losing in the sweet 16 yet again.

Your 2021 class is the first class with a top 50 player since 2015, so I wouldn’t say Painter is recruiting at a high level consistently. Painter is coaching to the Purdue ceiling, no doubt about it. If he wants a final 4, he will need to go somewhere else.
Why would he need to go somewhere else?

As I stated, he’s reached the ceiling at Purdue. Nothing else he can achieve there.
Based on what? Comon. Give me some details as to why you can't win at Purdue. Why can't Matt Painter, or any other coach in America win at Purdue?

Based on what? Comon. Give me some details as to why you can't win at Purdue. Why can't Matt Painter, or any other coach in America win at Purdue?
In the last 41 years, your two HOF coaches have 3 Elite 8s to show for it. That’s all the evidence I need.

Who do you think we will get? It must be some mid to low major since IU is such a bad job, right?

I have NO IDEA, who you will get. I feel fairly certain that you won't get Stevens or Donovan (delusional choices).
I would be surprised, if they decided to take Matta or Beilein, since both have health concerns and it's going to take quite a bit of work to get the program back to where you want it to be and I'm not sure they're up to it. After that, there are a lot of good coaches out there. It all comes down to which one meets the AD's criteria and can you make the deal.

As has been stated by a previous poster, coaching searches are usually both interesting and entertaining. Everyone has their favorite choices. Will one of the favorites be the HC or will a dark horse come out of nowhere? We went through it a few years ago with Brohm and now you get to ride the emotional roller coaster.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I really do hope you get a good coach. The rivalry is always better, if you don't know the outcome of the game from the opening tip. Good Luck

Friday night at 7:25, so there is not a lot going on, until games start tomorrow.

I would bet that every one of you knows what time that game is on and WILL watch it, if for no other reason, than to root against us...LOL. I always watch any games that BIG teams are playing in.
honestly I don't even know who Purdue plays. And you know what...I went over to GBI, and couldn't find much talk about it either. Maybe if I didn't have to weed out all the IU posts, I could find some info on an actual Purdue related issue.

In the last 41 years, your two HOF coaches have 3 Elite 8s to show for it. That’s all the evidence I need.
Got ya got ya. That's all I needed. Just to confirm, since you bounced around a bit.

Painter hasn't proven he can get to a final 4, but probably could elsewhere because Purdue hasn't had the best deep tournament success in the past. And that past somehow hinders the future. So because of the past, no coach can win at Purdue, regardless of what Purdue does.

So, a few follow up questions. How was Allen able to have iu football as good as they were? Historically, not great... also, based off creans and Archie's tournament success at smaller, less historical schools, why weren't they able to do more, or reach their ceiling at iu. The history of iu says they should be able to get their no issues.

South Carolina. Frank Martin took them to their first elite 8. History says that shouldn't have happened. Never had. So I'm struggling to understand how the past, affects the future.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
honestly I don't even know who Purdue plays. And you know what...I went over to GBI, and couldn't find much talk about it either. Maybe if I didn't have to weed out all the IU posts, I could find some info on an actual Purdue related issue.
48 hours away, so it's still not really in my brain. North Texas. They play slow. That's about all I know and care to know.

After letting the last 24 hours percolate in my head, I feel that Coach Brad is not coming home. He said he was not leaving the Boston job in an earlier interview yesterday but then the interview posted in this thread raised my eyebrows. I felt it was either a humble peace offering to Hoosier fans or explaining why he might consider the job for Boston fans, especially after the reference to family. We Hoosiers fans have needed some hope for a long time so I was leaning towards the latter situation. Even Boston fans are speculating on THEIR next coach (Kevin McHale?). But once again it looks like the timing is slightly off and the BS to IU situation is never going to happen.

I hope he wins big in Boston because their fans have high expectations. My nightmare scenario is that we've missed out on BS for the final time; IU finds their new coach, then the Celtics make a change after they get knocked out of the playoffs. Then BS will be off to a less desirable NBA job than Boston, possibly in a less desirable location. Maybe it's just multiple decades of frustration that's tainting me though!
At the very least, if I were BS, I'd go to Ainge and ask if they are solid with him beyond this year regardless. I'd say aside from the job I have, the IU job is the only other one I'd want, and that since things haven't gone as well for this season, if their management doesn't have confidence in me, then I'd like to take the IU job and let them pursue who they want as Coach. Kisses their butt and covers your ass at the same time.

Does IU have the time to wait until May or June to hire him? I don't see him leaving in the middle of the season and Boston is almost a lock for the playoffs.
Not a lock unless they turn their season around. They are 6th and I think only 2 games out of 9th. They definitely should make the playoffs, but the vultures aren't circling because they are having such a great year. C's fans are uneasy in Boston and they won't put up with that.

Life is good in boilerland? Is that a joke. You haven’t really won anything this entire time we’ve had Archie. Big ten? No. Final four? No. And you just lost your head coach to Penn State.

Perhaps you can get Vanna to sell you a clue. One of our assistant coaches just got the PSU job, NOT our HC.
Over the last 5 years, here's what Purdue has done:

BIG - 4th, 10th, 1st, 2nd, 1st and we finished in 3rd place the two years prior to this.
NCAAT - TBD, CV-19, Elite 8, Sweet 16, Sweet 16

We have the youngest team in the BIG, with NO Seniors, so everyone comes back next year. We have 4 Freshmen that were BIG Freshman of the Week, 3 won it twice and two were selected to the BIG All Freshman team.
We also have Furst (#42) and TKR (#30) coming in.
As I said, Life is Good in Boilerland.

Reactions: FormerRevMatt

I now know when it is being played. Thanks. I assume you had to look it up.

Is it on TV? PU and TX North are hardly ratings machines.

I have NO IDEA, who you will get. I feel fairly certain that you won't get Stevens or Donovan (delusional choices).
I would be surprised, if they decided to take Matta or Beilein, since both have health concerns and it's going to take quite a bit of work to get the program back to where you want it to be and I'm not sure they're up to it. After that, there are a lot of good coaches out there. It all comes down to which one meets the AD's criteria and can you make the deal.

As has been stated by a previous poster, coaching searches are usually both interesting and entertaining. Everyone has their favorite choices. Will one of the favorites be the HC or will a dark horse come out of nowhere? We went through it a few years ago with Brohm and now you get to ride the emotional roller coaster.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I really do hope you get a good coach. The rivalry is always better, if you don't know the outcome of the game from the opening tip. Good Luck
What is this, 2016? Donovan is not being considered by anyone. For as much time as you spend here, you would think you would at least know the candidates.

If it weren't for IU obsessed chatter, GBI would have dried up years ago.

Reactions: BayernFan
Got ya got ya. That's all I needed. Just to confirm, since you bounced around a bit.

Painter hasn't proven he can get to a final 4, but probably could elsewhere because Purdue hasn't had the best deep tournament success in the past. And that past somehow hinders the future. So because of the past, no coach can win at Purdue, regardless of what Purdue does.

So, a few follow up questions. How was Allen able to have iu football as good as they were? Historically, not great... also, based off creans and Archie's tournament success at smaller, less historical schools, why weren't they able to do more, or reach their ceiling at iu. The history of iu says they should be able to get their no issues.

South Carolina. Frank Martin took them to their first elite 8. History says that shouldn't have happened. Never had. So I'm struggling to understand how the past, affects the future.
Allen has us ranked, not in the final 4. Huge difference.

Painter has been there for 16 years. Keep hoping he will change.

Perhaps you can get Vanna to sell you a clue. One of our assistant coaches just got the PSU job, NOT our HC.
Over the last 5 years, here's what Purdue has done:

BIG - 4th, 10th, 1st, 2nd, 1st and we finished in 3rd place the two years prior to this.
NCAAT - TBD, CV-19, Elite 8, Sweet 16, Sweet 16

We have the youngest team in the BIG, with NO Seniors, so everyone comes back next year. We have 4 Freshmen that were BIG Freshman of the Week, 3 won it twice and two were selected to the BIG All Freshman team.
We also have Furst (#42) and TKR (#30) coming in.
As I said, Life is Good in Boilerland.
You're Good Enough. You're Smart Enough. And, Doggonit...people like you!!

Not a lock unless they turn their season around. They are 6th and I think only 2 games out of 9th. They definitely should make the playoffs, but the vultures aren't circling because they are having such a great year. C's fans are uneasy in Boston and they won't put up with that.
I wonder what Danny Ainge thinks about all of these rumors and having Stevens being asked about the IU job at a Celtics press conference. Celtics fans are getting louder and louder about their desire to have Stevens replaced. It's a bit similar to how loud the IU fan base became this season about Archie being let go.

Would it be in the best interests of both the Celtics and Stevens to agree to part ways?

No, you come here to see if IU fans will engage with you. The pinnacle of your existence.

How did you get this embittered ans obsessed with IU?

The delusion continues. I am neither embittered, nor obsessed. As I said before, I find your delusions amusing.
BBall games don't start, until tomorrow and there's not much going on at GBI, so here I am, having fun. I've only been here for a few days, since you canned the Mayor of Munchkinland. I'm curious to see who you get and how long he'll last.

No, I think the right guy is the right guy, which is why I keep lobbying for casting a wide net, and not getting locked in on 1 candidate, which I think was the mistake made with Archie. Maybe the next BS, or MK or RMK is out there and if you talk to the right folks in the know, as Tom Butters did with RMK, you can find him.

No mention of your own Matt Painter, who had far less of a resume than Archie, so did you also know he was a bad hire? I'm just busting your chops, but it's OK to admit you were wrong... and then leave.
You are forgetting that Painter was Keady's recruiter and an asst coach for Keady for, what, 2-3 years, right? Painter was well schooled in how to coach at Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT