ADVERTISEMENT

Bowls

realnakedgirlsnet-15207055338p4lc.gif

sounds to me like you're definitely coming down with something.
I don’t think Outback Bowl is out of the question ,if PSU makes a NY6 bowl, which they should. Iowa has been 2 of the last 3 , and UM went in between, so that leaves us as the next best option.

I don’t think Outback Bowl is out of the question ,if PSU makes a NY6 bowl, which they should. Iowa has been 2 of the last 3 , and UM went in between, so that leaves us as the next best option.
Depends on which bowl they get. If it’s the Orange, the B1G loses its Citrus tie-in, which would mean MINN likely gets the Outback.

Personally, I want a Florida bowl because the optics and image is just better with all Florida bowls. The bowls in Florida have some names that carry weight: Gator Bowl. Citrus, Orange Bowl. They are some of the established bowls.
This is my opinion also. If we can’t get a Florida Bowl, I prefer Nashville vs a Kentucky team of Cards or Cats. It is a great regional matchup for S. Indiana fans and Kentucky fans....

Why would we go to motor city over Illinois at 6-6?
Big Ten might choose not to put us in the Pinstripe or Redbox since we were in NYC 4 years ago and Santa Clara 3 years ago, unless it's still a rule that 7+ win teams have to be selected over 6-6 teams.

I desperately hope not.
Suggestion: If we go to Santa Clara, do not go on the IU bowl excursion if they stay in San Francisco. We used it last time. Got there after the party the first day. Hotel had to kick all the panhandlers out each morning. Panhandlers all around the area we stayed in and were aggressive. Hotel was over an hour from the stadium and pre- and post-game arrangements were loose and sloppy. Stay in Santa Clara or somewhere closer.

Big Ten might choose not to put us in the Pinstripe or Redbox since we were in NYC 4 years ago and Santa Clara 3 years ago, unless it's still a rule that 7+ win teams have to be selected over 6-6 teams.
It is. Sort of. A team with 7 wins can jump an 8-win team, but a team with 6 can’t.

Reactions: 76-1
One of the ESPN guys has us in the Gator Bowl, the other has us in the RedBox. If it's the Gator or Music City, I'm going for sure. I'll go to Cali if it isn't too outrageous for flights and I don't have to spend two full days of travel.

Selfishly, I hope it isn't the Pinstripe. Our family Christmas gathering is the 27th so that would be a non-starter.

Right now that Gator/Music City slot looks very possible for IU. The big question will be which bowl will take a B10 team. The MC Bowl certainly seems to be angling to ignore the 'three teams over six years' stipulation. On Twitter yesterday:

They also tweeted about UT/Vandy and the Iron Bowl. A back room deal to bring IU to Nashville and send an ACC team with regional interest to Jacksonville (FSU? Miami?) may be beneficial to all involved.

One of the ESPN guys has us in the Gator Bowl, the other has us in the RedBox. If it's the Gator or Music City, I'm going for sure. I'll go to Cali if it isn't too outrageous for flights and I don't have to spend two full days of travel.

Selfishly, I hope it isn't the Pinstripe. Our family Christmas gathering is the 27th so that would be a non-starter.

You are correct about ESPN. I'm going if it's Gator or Music City as well...not California and likely not NYC. Nashville hotels will be tough, especially if we play Tennessee or Kentucky, so I went ahead and booked tonight and will cancel if it's not Music City.

You are correct about ESPN. I'm going if it's Gator or Music City as well...not California and likely not NYC. Nashville hotels will be tough, especially if we play Tennessee or Kentucky, so I went ahead and booked tonight and will cancel if it's not Music City.
Fish was on the Dakich show today. When asked the question Fish said Gator or Music City...jus sayin

Fish was on the Dakich show today. When asked the question Fish said Gator or Music City...jus sayin

Oh....so Jockitch has suddenly taken an interest in IUs bowl destination?

Two weeks back he was calling IU a fraud. I don’t see why any representative of the university would give that clown the time of day.

Oh....so Jockitch has suddenly taken an interest in IUs bowl destination?

Two weeks back he was calling IU a fraud. I don’t see why any representative of the university would give that clown the time of day.
He has Fish on every week. Always nice to hear Fish thoughts on IU football and basketball. I was driving up to Muncie dropping off my son and caught the segment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT