ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler...

I’m not a PU can but you can’t tell me you wouldn’t want Gillis as your 6th man over Walker or Gunn. Heck he shot 46% from 3. Furst has talent…woody can coach bigs.
Colvin will be good.
Colvin might be great. I’d take him at IU in a second.

Because of the Rivals platform it is easy to toggle back and forth between their board and this one.
I post here but readily read both because why not?
They are a rival and in a currently diametrically opposed position to ours so what’s the harm?

I post here what I think are cogent thoughts and reminders to our “angries” and “excitables” that our program is perpetually diminished every time we attack success/celebrate adversity in theirs.

Some here will say …
But. .. But they are coming on here and posting on our board. We must defend!

Lowest common denominator.

“We” don’t own the boards- they are free.
And if you are at all emotionally old enough to wrap that up — well—- never mind.

I looked over there today.
They generally appreciate their year much like this base appreciated ours in 2002.
Not picked to get there but did.
Lost to a superior as expected.
(And don’t tell me about Noblesville’s ankle.)
Nice runs.
Both ended as expected.

Some brand new “users” over there in the last 24 hrs making this University look not remotely esteemed or relevant.
But maybe that’s one of those self-evident things.
Young and lacking perspective undoubtedly.
Such is the enriching internet world of today.
Bask in/celebrate the misfortunes of others while you yourself have nary a leg to stand on.

Senseless, foolish and as always — embarrassing.
As is IU MBB at this juncture.

They were what they were this year and ended up where most of us thought they would. So be it.

On the news last night they had thousands greet their plane at the campus airport.
Wild support and not a rock thrown.

But they are losers and “we” would behave differently That supposition has been suggested. They are cool with their loser accomplishment.
Short - insignificant.

So maybe they should have shot them all as they exited the aircraft???
After all — their fans are aggrieved.
They’ve been harmed.
Someone must pay.

And one significant reason they should pay is for making “them” go to work today among other people who will show their ass because it’s all they know how to do. Who’s that sound like?

Even with currently no ass to show.

Hard to figure.

But “fan” is short for……..

We are considered by many a blue blood. That's what 5 national championships gets you. Purdont never has been .... Even with the bad teams we have had we are on national tv way more than most teams . They still want us and that says a lot! Your just a jealous and bitter person and I get that ,I would be too if I was a pu fan. And I have a feeling things are about to change for us Hoosiers, go IU !!!!😃
I just watched Purdue play 6 games on national TV, l checked my TV guide and could not find IU on any station! What the hell?

I don't know if PU fans would trade what they have now for our 5 banners from 40-80 years ago. I'm not being glib, either. I honestly don't know.

All they want is 1 modern NCAA bball title. Hope springs eternal and I bet they feel they're still close, which they are.

The people most impressed by our 5 banners are us.
Meh, today they have the same thing I have, memories of past performances. Difference is, mine are of 2 championships & two other final fours. My memories are quite vivid & I think I’d prefer to have them over a recent run of Big ten titles, one FF, & a bunch of losing to double digit seeds. If I was them or an IU fan that hadn’t experienced any of our past success, it would be easy to trade today for yesterday…

Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
It's this.

IU's banners are as relevant to young Purdue fans as Minnesota's or Nebraska's football titles from yesteryear.

You must be 45 or older (which I am) to have any real memory of any of those banners, and anyone 25 or younger wouldn't have much of a reason to choose IU other than they grew up with their family telling them to do so. For almost the last decade, the narrative has been reversed between the two programs, and it looks like that is set to continue.

The good news is that IU is 22 years removed from its last Final Four, so if and when it makes its next run, most of the fan base will appreciate it just as much as Purdue did this one. But I'm sure some older fans will think the season was a total waste unless they add a banner and won't be able to see the forest through the trees.

Purdue fans are grateful to have the FF drought behind us. We appreciate the continued runs in March (five S16s, one E8, one FF, and one national runner-up in the last seven tournaments). We like winning the B1G over and over again. We like having winning records against every other B1G program. We like dominating demanding non-conference schedules. We enjoy having a coach and program that has built and accomplished all this while having the highest character and always doing things the right way.

And the future remains bright. Anyone who thinks this is our only shot hasn't been paying attention. The glass ceiling was broken this year. I think most of the fan base is confident we'll be reloading and making another run sooner than most others expect.
You forgot to add, “we like seeking affirmation from our rivals on their fan board”, and “we like reminding everyone that we are jealous of their historical success & significance by chanting IU sucks at every sporting event.” 😉. I am happy for you all that you feel what you’ve done is enough for a school like PU. Everyone on a national level agrees with you.

Because of the Rivals platform it is easy to toggle back and forth between their board and this one.
I post here but readily read both because why not?
They are a rival and in a currently diametrically opposed position to ours so what’s the harm?

I post here what I think are cogent thoughts and reminders to our “angries” and “excitables” that our program is perpetually diminished every time we attack success/celebrate adversity in theirs.

Some here will say …
But. .. But they are coming on here and posting on our board. We must defend!

Lowest common denominator.

“We” don’t own the boards- they are free.
And if you are at all emotionally old enough to wrap that up — well—- never mind.

I looked over there today.
They generally appreciate their year much like this base appreciated ours in 2002.
Not picked to get there but did.
Lost to a superior as expected.
(And don’t tell me about Noblesville’s ankle.)
Nice runs.
Both ended as expected.

Some brand new “users” over there in the last 24 hrs making this University look not remotely esteemed or relevant.
But maybe that’s one of those self-evident things.
Young and lacking perspective undoubtedly.
Such is the enriching internet world of today.
Bask in/celebrate the misfortunes of others while you yourself have nary a leg to stand on.

Senseless, foolish and as always — embarrassing.
As is IU MBB at this juncture.

They were what they were this year and ended up where most of us thought they would. So be it.

On the news last night they had thousands greet their plane at the campus airport.
Wild support and not a rock thrown.

But they are losers and “we” would behave differently That supposition has been suggested. They are cool with their loser accomplishment.
Short - insignificant.

So maybe they should have shot them all as they exited the aircraft???
After all — their fans are aggrieved.
They’ve been harmed.
Someone must pay.

And one significant reason they should pay is for making “them” go to work today among other people who will show their ass because it’s all they know how to do. Who’s that sound like?

Even with currently no ass to show.

Hard to figure.

But “fan” is short for……..
Dumb. Take it to Gold and Black…

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
This was your shot. Purdue is a fine program, but unless Painter births another unicorn like Edey, they're just a nice team that generally underwhelms in March.
5 tourney wins in the past year. The past 2 yrs. 7 tourney wins in the past 3 years.

Sadly, IU has 7 tourney wins in the past 13 years.

Purdue is losing a lot with Edey gone, but they just put up 3 big seasons in a row. We can't even win 25 games once in Bloomington.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Regular season games dumbass , did you know more people watch the women's final game than the men's? First time ever. Guess no one cares about pu😂.
I have to admit, I stayed up late to watch Nebraska shooting drills against IU in the BTT! Then Woody Woodpecker get kicked out, was really special. Great TV!

Now do all the iu fans posting about their championships and banners and downplaying Purdues season because the got 2nd. Seems comparable to some freshman chanting that.
Uh ,that's why they play the games to find out who the champion is. No one remembers second.

Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
Now do all the iu fans posting about their championships and banners and downplaying Purdues season because the got 2nd. Seems comparable to some freshman chanting that.
You’re on an IU message board slappy, & we’re not getting called out on a national website for PU obsession…

I 100% would expect to see posters on a Pu board dogging IU, but the chanting, posting here, etc., are next level. You read the article? Not just my opinion.

Last edited:
You’re on an IU message board slappy, & we’re not getting called out on a national website for PU obsession…

I 100% would expect to see posters on a Pu board dogging IU, but the chanting, posting here, etc., are next level. You read the article? Not just my opinion.
Not much dogging of iu in the Purdue boards. Very little actually. Board doesn’t care. Celebrating the season, talking about next year, and well, there is nothing to dog with iu anymore…

Not much dogging of iu in the Purdue boards. Very little actually. Board doesn’t care. Celebrating the season, talking about next year, and well, there is nothing to dog with iu anymore…
The player with the 3rd most returning minutes is transferring away from PU? You can make any excuse you want but it's impossible to say it makes PU better next year.

The player with the 3rd most returning minutes is transferring away from PU? You can make any excuse you want but it's impossible to say it makes PU better next year.
No one is transferring from Purdue unexpectedly. Gillis and Morton are grad transfers that didn’t have scholarships for next year. What excuse was I making about the roster?

No one is transferring from Purdue unexpectedly. Gillis and Morton are grad transfers that didn’t have scholarships for next year. What excuse was I making about the roster?
Each transfer or decommitment on basketball and football over the years has been a positive move for Purdue.....according to you. Let's call it historical precedence.

Yes, I get that Painter is doing some house Creaning but a grad transfer is still a transfer. No matter what reasons there are, to lose your most veteran player who is 3rd in returning minutes and shot what, 47% from 3? He is one of the better transfers in the portal but Painter would prefer to fill that with.....Jack Benter? Come on.

Each transfer or decommitment on basketball and football over the years has been a positive move for Purdue.....according to you. Let's call it historical precedence.

Yes, I get that Painter is doing some house Creaning but a grad transfer is still a transfer. No matter what reasons there are, to lose your most veteran player who is 3rd in returning minutes and shot what, 47% from 3? He is one of the better transfers in the portal but Painter would prefer to fill that with.....Jack Benter? Come on.
Where have I said losing Gillis is positive? I said it’s been known he was done after this year for a year.

What is wrong with Benter? Interesting you choose him. I’d hate having a 6’6 200 pound high bball IQ player that is a really good passer and shooter/scorer. Who also led his team to a state championship, would have likely won 3a and probably been competitive in 4a.

Still trying to figure out where I said the transfers were a good thing or whatever crap you are claiming I said…. Changed the subject to claim I said it even.

Last edited:
They don’t, but ok. Please show me a basketball game where they chanted it this year. A game where basketball was played in Mackey and not vs iu. But most Purdue fans would love the underclassmen to quit chanting it
See video above. If I am wrong about it being every event, mea culpa. I guess maybe it was only before the most important game in the history of the university. Don’t you think that is still quite telling? I do, & so does the guy that wrote the article, & likely anyone not an ashamed PU fan…🙂

Reactions: indiana ed
See video above. If I am wrong about it being every event, mea culpa. I guess maybe it was only before the most important game in the history of the university. Don’t you think that is still quite telling? I do, & so does the guy that wrote the article, & likely anyone not an ashamed PU fan…🙂
I do hate that the freshmen did that yes. Wish they stop. I’ve been saying it for a couple years. Idk why they insist. More telling, i didn’t hear it in Indy or Detroit, it didn’t happen in Phoenix. Nor the bars in Lafayette. Only Mackey where the freshman were. So getting closer to it going away thankfully. So 1% of each university’s fans being dumb and making the other 99% look obsessed.

I do hate that the freshmen did that yes. Wish they stop. I’ve been saying it for a couple years. Idk why they insist. More telling, i didn’t hear it in Indy or Detroit, it didn’t happen in Phoenix. Nor the bars in Lafayette. Only Mackey where the freshman were. So getting closer to it going away thankfully.
So only freshmen were allowed in Mackey for the game watch? Did they check IDs? lol

I do hate that the freshmen did that yes. Wish they stop. I’ve been saying it for a couple years. Idk why they insist. More telling, i didn’t hear it in Indy or Detroit, it didn’t happen in Phoenix. Nor the bars in Lafayette. Only Mackey where the freshman were. So getting closer to it going away thankfully.
Freshman pick it up from upperclassman. Doubt it’s going anywhere.

Again: Fake news! BoilerN has assured us many, MANY times this cheer is never done at PU sporting events, and hasn't been for almost 20 years. Your TV (and mine, and everyone else's) is just obsessed with Purdue. Wait, there he is, I'll just let him tell you... again!

PS... only freshmen, errr, underclassmen.... OK, it was everybody. Good grief, the place is echoing with the chant, and you think it was only a portion of the crowd? HAhahahahahahahhahahaha

Reactions: indiana ed
Where have I said losing Gillis is positive? I said it’s been known he was done after this year for a year.

What is wrong with Benter? Interesting you choose him. I’d hate having a 6’6 200 pound high bball IQ player that is a really good passer and shooter/scorer. Who also led his team to a state championship, would have likely won 3a and probably been competitive in 4a.

Still trying to figure out where I said the transfers were a good thing or whatever crap you are claiming I said…. Changed the subject to claim I said it even.
Subject change? I said Purdue is losing Gillis and its impossible to say it makes PU better. Your response to that was a subject change in saying nothing happened that PU didn't expect. I never said PU didn't expect it.

Then you asked why I said you always make excuses and I explained clearly why I stated that. You always have some twist on why any transfer or decommit that has happened at PU has been for the better or unimpactful. Can you name the last transfer that transferred or decommitted, and you declared was not good for Purdue?

Lastly, I didn't say that kid was no good. I said you can't tell me PU is better for not having Gillis over him. Or are you saying Benter is going to be better than Gillis next season? If not, that proves my point.

Keep up son.

I do hate that the freshmen did that yes. Wish they stop. I’ve been saying it for a couple years. Idk why they insist. More telling, i didn’t hear it in Indy or Detroit, it didn’t happen in Phoenix. Nor the bars in Lafayette. Only Mackey where the freshman were. So getting closer to it going away thankfully. So 1% of each university’s fans being dumb and making the other 99% look obsessed.
LOL See, you are like Chubby Checker with all this 'twisting' of the facts. I hope you're not this insufferable in person.

Again: Fake news! BoilerN has assured us many, MANY times this cheer is never done at PU sporting events, and hasn't been for almost 20 years. Your TV (and mine, and everyone else's) is just obsessed with Purdue. Wait, there he is, I'll just let him tell you... again!

PS... only freshmen, errr, underclassmen.... OK, it was everybody. Good grief, the place is echoing with the chant, and you think it was only a portion of the crowd? HAhahahahahahahhahahaha
Yes. Did you hear it at the national championship game?

Subject change? I said Purdue is losing Gillis and its impossible to say it makes PU better. Your response to that was a subject change in saying nothing happened that PU didn't expect. I never said PU didn't expect it.

Then you asked why I said you always make excuses and I explained clearly why I stated that. You always have some twist on why any transfer or decommit that has happened at PU has been for the better or unimpactful. Can you name the last transfer that transferred or decommitted, and you declared was not good for Purdue?

Lastly, I didn't say that kid was no good. I said you can't tell me PU is better for not having Gillis over him. Or are you saying Benter is going to be better than Gillis next season? If not, that proves my point.

Keep up son.
Can you tell me what excuse or twist I had on Gillis and Morton leaving? And can you show me where I said it was good for Purdue?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT