ADVERTISEMENT

Blidi in portal

It could mean anything. New competition, NIL was cut, girlfriend broke up with him, realized it wasn’t gonna be as easy as he thought, decided he didn’t like the coaches as much as he thought, anything.
Well he is now a grad transfer. Smart to wait until spring portal. That may have been the plan all along.

It could mean anything. New competition, NIL was cut, girlfriend broke up with him, realized it wasn’t gonna be as easy as he thought, decided he didn’t like the coaches as much as he thought, anything.
Not the girlfriend thing. CTA helped His wife through a difficult child birth last year when Phillip could not get home fast enough. I think this is a big loss.

Not the girlfriend thing. CTA helped His wife through a difficult child birth last year when Phillip could not get home fast enough. I think this is a big loss.
IU athletics is overdue for some good news. Maybe the girls can earn a big red banner to hang with the boys. Cignetti is seeing the reality that comes with IU football’s tradition.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Thank you all. This was not easy. Still big fans of the coaching staff…particularly Kuntz and Coach O.

EDIT: I know there have been some questions about the timing. The logic was pretty simple, every snap he took this spring took a snap away from someone else. He felt like that was not right.

Last edited:
Thank you all. This was not easy. Still big fans of the coaching staff…particularly Kuntz and Coach O.

EDIT: I know there have been some questions about the timing. The logic was pretty simple, every snap he took this spring took a snap away from someone else. He felt like that was not right.
He’ll be taking snaps away from someone else at his next school, if logic serves me well.

Thanks D. That's probably the most honorable, unselfish thing I've ever heard from a player who decides to transfer. (And don't let abraxis tell you otherwise.)

I know it's personal and you have to be circumspect, but if there's been any program related things going on that you could clue us in on, we'd been interested in hearing them. We're all looking forward to next season with anticipation and starving for information

I imagine he'll be joining Allen soon.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Good luck to Phillip and his family wherever they land.

In a season that was hard to watch at times, he was always a bright spot for us.

Best wishes.

So he must have had his mind made up before now.

What changed

Good luck to Phillip and his family wherever they land.

In a season that was hard to watch at times, he was always a bright spot for us.

Best wishes.
I wish him luck too, I guess, but these guys are just mercenaries now. I wish them all luck, but he's just like anyone else who has come in here, used the opportunity, and then moved on to the next greener pasture.

Man…I don’t want to hash it out on a public forum, but just know that this has all happened in the last 72 hours. He called Coach Kuntz within 24 hours of his decision.
You're good! You don't owe anyone anything other than giving your son the respect he deserves. As you know, inquiring minds are just desperate for this new staff to succeed so if we see any smoke, we're calling in the entire fire department. Ha

You can take it as a compliment everyone cares as much as they do because that means PB was valuable.

Best of luck!

He’ll be taking snaps away from someone else at his next school, if logic serves me well.
It’s not serving you well. He knows he’s leaving so doesn’t want to screw with IUs depth chart in spring ball or take snaps away from IUs players.

At his new school he will (hopefully) take snaps from someone but will be practicing with his future team. Those are not the same.

It’s not serving you well. He knows he’s leaving so doesn’t want to screw with IUs depth chart in spring ball or take snaps away from IUs players.

At his new school he will (hopefully) take snaps from someone but will be practicing with his future team. Those are not the same.
I never said they were the same. What you said is exactly what I thought while saying it. If you go looking for trouble when it’s not there you’re wasting your time and mine.

I never said they were the same. What you said is exactly what I thought while saying it. If you go looking for trouble when it’s not there you’re wasting your time and mine.
Not looking for trouble in the context it reads as a negative statement but it sounds like you didn’t mean it that way. Thanks for clarifying.

Not looking for trouble in the context it reads as a negative statement but it sounds like you didn’t mean it that way. Thanks for clarifying.
DThompson started it unintentionally, thinking I was dissing the guy when I wasn’t. I was imagining more of a yin-yang sort of thing in response but it mushroomed from there. I can hear the distant refrain of Elvis’ “Peace in the Valley” as we speak. All is well in Hoosier-ville, in mutual understanding of the way things really are.

Reactions: red hornet
Tough news. Remaining bit of roster shake-up with the transition. Still have the spring portal to try and offset it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT