ADVERTISEMENT

Bills Helmet Message of Inclusion

Must applaud “STOP HATE“
on the back of Bills’ helmets.

Had not seen many Bill’s game to notice it before.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/b...social-justice-decals-on-helmets-this-season-
I personally would like to see all the social messaging left off the field...

We're all for "stopping hate"... If you're not well...

Football is a Game... Games are usually designed to be fun for the participants and entertainment for the fans...

Anyone wanting to go to a social justice rally can do so before or after the Game...

Just my opinion..., but: Let's leave the causes (however justified or well meaning they might be) at the gate and just take a 3 to 4 hour break Enjoying the Game of Football...

There's a million other venues available for us all to express our opinions, feelings, desires...

Football is a Game... Games are usually designed to be fun for the participants and entertainment for the fans...

Anyone wanting to go to a social justice rally can do so before or after the Game...

Just my opinion..., but: Let's leave the causes (however justified or well meaning they might be) at the gate and just take a 3 to 4 hour break Enjoying the Game of Football...

There's a million other venues available for us all to express our opinions, feelings, desires...
I’m not sure I can agree 76-1. These athletes have a big stage to express their feelings about a very systemic problem. Anywhere else they go the stage is very very much smaller. A very large percentage of these guys are minorities and feel the pain. It is really their responsibility to use their ability to get a message out to do so. Let them take their opportunity to promote This. After all most of the people who “hate” or are racist also love sports and have minorities as their sports heroes. That would mean they are speaking to a great audience for their message that would never pay any attention to any of those other mediums you mention. I love it.

I’m not sure I can agree 76-1. These athletes have a big stage to express their feelings about a very systemic problem. Anywhere else they go the stage is very very much smaller. A very large percentage of these guys are minorities and feel the pain. It is really their responsibility to use their ability to get a message out to do so. Let them take their opportunity to promote This. After all most of the people who “hate” or are racist also love sports and have minorities as their sports heroes. That would mean they are speaking to a great audience for their message that would never pay any attention to any of those other mediums you mention. I love it.
Sigh...

I highly doubt that anyone is being persuaded or dissuaded by anything a player has on the back of their helmet..., be they a good person or a horrible one...

Before this devolves into some long winded political social justice discussion, I'll leave it at that... (figure I'll be called a Nazi, Racist, [add your most vile adjective here]..., by this time tomorrow anyway...) 🙄

not reading all that
happy for you tho
or sorry that happened

Reactions: Oxford Collapse
monophy.gif

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
Sigh...

I highly doubt that anyone is being persuaded or dissuaded by anything a player has on the back of their helmet..., be they a good person or a horrible one...

Before this devolves into some long winded political social justice discussion, I'll leave it at that... (figure I'll be called a Nazi, Racist, [add your most vile adjective here]..., by this time tomorrow anyway...) 🙄
No one will be persuaded I agree. But someone might think about it. Did not mean to cast anything like that on you.

Speaking of the Bills they have to be the unluckiest NFL team in history. I remember the early 90’s and them losing 4 straight Super Bowls. I really felt bad for them last night that they lost on the unlucky situation of losing the coin toss. Then again, you gotta send your kickoff so the receiving team has to field it and take more time off the clock. QB’s and receivers are so good now they can score within a matter of seconds as long as they have timeouts. And you can bet throughout the NFL teams will add in their playbooks a play on how to properly execute a kickoff when the opposing team has 3 timeouts remaining and just 10-15 seconds remaining.

Sigh...

I noticed Iowa basketball having equality? I think on their backs. It's time for that to go to begin with, glad Woodson isn't doing that but really Iowa? Most doofy white guys in the league to begin with. Part of them the coaches kids lol.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Speaking of the Bills they have to be the unluckiest NFL team in history. I remember the early 90’s and them losing 4 straight Super Bowls. I really felt bad for them last night that they lost on the unlucky situation of losing the coin toss. Then again, you gotta send your kickoff so the receiving team has to field it and take more time off the clock. QB’s and receivers are so good now they can score within a matter of seconds as long as they have timeouts. And you can bet throughout the NFL teams will add in their playbooks a play on how to properly execute a kickoff when the opposing team has 3 timeouts remaining and just 10-15 seconds remaining.
I woke up just as KC had the ball, so still not sure what exactly happened? I think they should just play 15 minutes regardless in playoffs. Reg season I get keeping the games from getting too long

There's a million other venues available for us all to express our o
Absolutely agree. If You want to support a cause or deal with a problem. Do it on your own time and effort. This is pretty much a universal Message that nobody disagrees with. But when you have a football Team with 50 some players, 15 Coaches, assorted training and Administrative Personnel, when do you put a message out that not everybody agrees with?

My Sister has been treated for Breast Cancer in the past several years. Fortunately, She has survived and Her follow up looks favorable. However, I don;t need Pink shoes and Uniform Ribbons in October to show how much you care.

Absolutely agree. If You want to support a cause or deal with a problem. Do it on your own time and effort. This is pretty much a universal Message that nobody disagrees with. But when you have a football Team with 50 some players, 15 Coaches, assorted training and Administrative Personnel, when do you put a message out that not everybody agrees with?

My Sister has been treated for Breast Cancer in the past several years. Fortunately, She has survived and Her follow up looks favorable. However, I don;t need Pink shoes and Uniform Ribbons in October to show how much you care.
It's just the world we live in I suppose...

I understand all sides of the issue and am certain things will never be the same; but I do miss being able to watch a football game while suspending all thoughts of serious political and societal concerns... Those days appear to be long gone...

Let's get back to INDIANA Football... I'm sorry I ever responded to the original post (and there was nothing wrong with it)....

Please name the systemic problem so we know what you are talking about.

Please name the systemic problem so we know what you are talking about.
....Noooooooooooo...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🙉🙈(fades away after jumping off a cliff sound....)....😉

But, but, but..., what about the Really important stuff...

Priorities man...! Screw society... I want to see INDIANA win a Big Ten Championship... 😉🍺

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
One final thought on this. How many of the Players showing the message on their Helmet will be stopped by police at 2:00 a.m. for doing 150 mph in their sports Car with drugs in the Car and a gun or guns in the glove compartment or trunk.

Only folks enthralled with such messages are the WOKE, thinking they're really making a difference.
Here's a basic truism;
I at that time in my 7th decade was driven away from following the NFL. CK, a millionaire did it with his selfish kneeling and also the NFL supporting it. For the WOKE crowd this is the only difference they've achieved. With all the good things that can be done by individuals in society, what crap has evolved.

• Haha
Reactions: jmix and IU_Hickory
One final thought on this. How many of the Players showing the message on their Helmet will be stopped by police at 2:00 a.m. for doing 150 mph in their sports Car with drugs in the Car and a gun or guns in the glove compartment or trunk.
Think this thought might need some more time in the oven lol

deleteThread.exe

Reactions: YOTHN
It's just the world we live in I suppose...

I understand all sides of the issue and am certain things will never be the same; but I do miss being able to watch a football game while suspending all thoughts of serious political and societal concerns... Those days appear to be long gone...

Let's get back to INDIANA Football... I'm sorry I ever responded to the original post (and there was nothing wrong with it)....
That's the point. A large portion of society can just hide in their happy lives while others are struggling and having to hear about the struggles makes people feel uneasy. If you didn't hear it there, you would have to outwardly pursue it and lord knows there is a large subset of society that wouldn't do that. I think that's the whole point so by asking for them to only use political forums that are easily avoidable you are basically telling them I don't care about your problems.....which is the point they're trying to change.

There were nothing wrong with the original post and there was nothing wrong with your reply that immediately followed. Reasonable people can disagree on the subject. But when you add stuff like this ...

(figure I'll be called a Nazi, Racist, [add your most vile adjective here]..., by this time tomorrow anyway...
... it looks like you're just stirring the pot and/or playing the martyr. Nobody called you names.

I’m not sure I can agree 76-1. These athletes have a big stage to express their feelings about a very systemic problem. Anywhere else they go the stage is very very much smaller. A very large percentage of these guys are minorities and feel the pain. It is really their responsibility to use their ability to get a message out to do so. Let them take their opportunity to promote This. After all most of the people who “hate” or are racist also love sports and have minorities as their sports heroes. That would mean they are speaking to a great audience for their message that would never pay any attention to any of those other mediums you mention. I love it
Where are these specific systemic problems that you are talking about ?

You missed a good weekend, maybe the best in NFL playoff history. Three walk-off FGs, and an overtime game.
That was one of the best weekends of football that I can remember. One if the best games I have watched was ruined by an idiotic overtime system.

Sudden death was terrible, and now it takes longer to explain the rules than it does for the Chiefs to win the game.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Why can’t they just have a tip-off, face-off, or invent a real football “scrum”!? ha-ha
Flipping a coin: IMO, the worst idea imaginable.
Coin flip might serve a purpose during the season and prevent multiple overtimes, but there should be an alternative for playoffs.

Sports and social justice and politics have been intertwined for longer than any of us have been alive and will continue to be. They've brought about a great deal of good.

Lol that’s some funny shit. “Stop hate”. On a Helmet. That you need so you don’t suffer a head injury from the other guy who is trying to Beat the shit out of you.

seriously, we do need more minorities and gender fluid people in sports like the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT