ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest flop ever?

If Lander didn’t step up and play a very sound game last year in tight game against St Johns, we don’t make the tourney (last four in as it was). If you want to criticize Lander, remember he pulled us through a game in a season where we had no margin for error.

Last edited:
Rob Phinisee was touted as a program savior at IU? Was I asleep during that time? I'd agree, Lander had expectations, Eric Gordon had expectations, Romeo and Cody... I don't think anyone was touting RP as a program savior.
I was a little too tough on Rob. Due to an injury he got thrust into running the team as a freshman and he had an okay season but it was his best season any kind of slid downhill after that. Nobody would ever accuse him of not playing incredibly hard and he had some bad breaks with injuries.

Perhaps it would have been more fair to call that 2018 recruiting class that was ranked number 10 in the country a complete flop. Sorry about that Rob.

People are being too rough on all these young dudes.

There are worse things than not panning out in b-ball.

Reactions: Jfats
Is the big ten play different from other power conferences? More or less physical? More or less outside shooting? Etc
Play in the Big Ten has always been more physical (year in — year out) than all other D1 conferences.

(Even play for BIG Ten womens games is physical).

Rob Phinesee was tearing it up at Cincinnati also. He averaged 1.7 points per game this year. But the media and the experts touted both of these guys as program saviors. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Unfortunately for Archie Miller he crapped out with some key recruits. I think Jerome Hunter averaged about six points at Xavier coming off the bench. Kind of explains why Archie's teams never amounted anything.
There wasn’t a savior out there that could save Archie Miller, he was a bad coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT