ADVERTISEMENT

Big roster news coming

You should go ahead and let the cat out of the bag.
I know you're probably not at liberty to divulge the info. That's the situation I'm in, but if you just learned about this yesterday, your source isn't very close to the heartbeat of the program anyway. It wouldn't be a big loss to lose that "source". lol
You’re really lost here.

Not a huge surprise it hurts and sticks but I’m okay with other getting his playing time. Roster is in much better shape to take this hit than the past three years

Better than the alternatives of AF or RP
Rebounds, defense can be picked up by RT and scoring by KL and JH

So we have two open spots but most grad transfers are already signed. We can still be good but its a pretty big hit considering he was a starter.

Reactions: cryano
Not surprising, really. Wish it could have worked out, but I'd rather have guys that are all in.

Illinois lost Derek Harper to the NBA in 1983, then won the 1984 Big 10 Title. Sometimes it can be addition by subtraction. We'll see.

Not surprising, really. Wish it could have worked out, but I'd rather have guys that are all in.

Illinois lost Derek Harper to the NBA in 1983, then won the 1984 Big 10 Title. Sometimes it can be addition by subtraction. We'll see.
Incredibly ignorant.

You’re welcome everyone. All the cult members love criticizing. I’ll keep bringing the inside info.
You're wrong and state false "facts" constantly. It's to the point that most everyone considers everything you say to be a lie pulled straight from your behind. Seriously, It would take months and maybe years of solid and truthful posting by you to rehabilitate your image. I don't see that happening..

Reactions: All4You
Smith and his Dad were a pain in Achie’s ass!
Justin was a walking turn over!
It’s tough to lose a senior that’s been in the system for 3 years. Who do we have to give his minutes to.? Big hit no matter how you look at it

You're wrong and state false "facts" constantly. It's to the point that most everyone considers everything you say to be a lie pulled straight from your behind. Seriously, It would take months and maybe years of solid and truthful posting by you to rehabilitate your image. I don't see that happening..
I’ve never seen you share one single thing we didn’t already know.

Reactions: Lucy01
It’s tough to lose a senior that’s been in the system for 3 years. Who do we have to give his minutes to.? Big hit no matter how you look at it
While I totally agree you hate to see a senior leave like this...I'm not so sure this won't be addition by subtraction. I've mentioned this before on here, Justin was a huge PIA for CAM. He would openly challenge and cuss CAM during practice. The relationship was very bitter to say the least. With the larger freshman class coming in, it's not a bad thing to have better chemistry going forward.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I wanted him gone....but if he was as miserable and negative as I've heard, it's probably better for everyone involved. Good luck to him.

Reactions: ufo33
Hello people, we have Geronimo coming in!

Waaaaay to early to say.. It's a big hit..
When he had the ball on the wing. With somewhat of an opportunity to score..He wasn't near the threat. You're shooting forward should be...
He was a pass first guy..

not surprised, If JS was planning to do this, he would wait until mid May and graduation so he's an official grad (tx). I've used the word "enigma" to describe him on the court many times, so it stands to reason that his final move as an IU player would feel the same to me. I've heard reports that his dad could not stand seeing him plan the 4, and that playing the 3 was his way to professional ball. But I've yet to find any professional league on this planet where the guy PLAYING the 3 can't actually SHOOT the 3.

Big door just opened wide for Race Thompson next season.

And with that...the door officially closes on any and all remaining CTC excuses.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Why would fepaufh be unable give his info now?
What does YDS mean?
Why would anyone post this and then not follow up with the specifics?

Race has a huge opp now. I think Smith's points and rebounds can be absorbed. The hit will be the team's depth in the front court. We were pretty deep at the 4 and 5, but his departure changes that.

not surprised, If JS was planning to do this, he would wait until mid May and graduation so he's an official grad (tx). I've used the word "enigma" to describe him on the court many times, so it stands to reason that his final move as an IU player would feel the same to me. I've heard reports that his dad could not stand seeing him plan the 4, and that playing the 3 was his way to professional ball. But I've yet to find any professional league on this planet where the guy PLAYING the 3 can't actually SHOOT the 3.

Big door just opened wide for Race Thompson next season.

And with that...the door officially closes on any and all remaining CTC excuses.
Durham?

You’re welcome everyone. All the cult members love criticizing. I’ll keep bringing the inside info.
You didn't even say what it is. This is more a Peegs style, "I know a secret and you don't! Nanny nanny boo boo, you'll never guess what it is!"

Why didn't you just say what you knew rather than this joke of a thread? You look like an attention whore.

Reactions: speroni
Incredibly ignorant.
Yes, you are.

Would I have loved to have had Smith back? Sure - if he's on board with what the team needs as opposed to what Justin (and daddy) wants.

Smith announced for the Draft and we hadn't heard anything saying for sure he was coming back. Everyone ASSUMED that he would. But there's been rumors he wasn't happy playing the 4 and saw himself more as a 3 for some time now. Problem is, the guy just doesn't have those skills.

So if he thinks he can do that elsewhere, God Bless 'em. But he's not a threat from the wing position. Best of luck to him, but he - and the Hoosiers - are both probably better off. Gives lots of other guys an opportunity for playing time.

While I totally agree you hate to see a senior leave like this...I'm not so sure this won't be addition by subtraction. I've mentioned this before on here, Justin was a huge PIA for CAM. He would openly challenge and cuss CAM during practice. The relationship was very bitter to say the least. With the larger freshman class coming in, it's not a bad thing to have better chemistry going forward.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I wanted him gone....but if he was as miserable and negative as I've heard, it's probably better for everyone involved. Good luck to him.
If this is true. Then, see ya, disgruntled team chemistry wrecker and negative tweeting Daddy.

Reactions: Lucy01
I’ve never seen you share one single thing we didn’t already know.

The things you shared that we "didn't already know" turned out to be wrong, which is why no one knew them.

So when is this player you announced coming in going to announce for himself?

The things you shared that we "didn't already know" turned out to be wrong, which is why no one knew them.

So when is this player you announced coming in going to announce for himself?
What? Read it again...slower this time.

You didn't even say what it is. This is more a Peegs style, "I know a secret and you don't! Nanny nanny boo boo, you'll never guess what it is!"

Why didn't you just say what you knew rather than this joke of a thread? You look like an attention whore.
I announced a roster move with a current player the day it was announced. The Peegs move would be to say I knew it all along after it’s announced.

I’ll keep bringing the inside info.
Don't bother...
1. You treat week old news like BREAKING NEWS!
2. You didn't reveal anything of substance other than you apparently have access to week old, 3rd or 4th hand information.

What? Read it again...slower this time.

I did. When do you expect this big announcement? Now that Justin is transferring (which has been discussed on other forums for a week) we need this big news new player you are bragging about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT