ADVERTISEMENT

Big Man U

I think this was specifically for you actually. Hes nothing impressive only shooting 44% in the Big10 right?
He had a good game against Wisconsin. Stopping Edey isn’t in anyone’s game plan at this point. Teams let him go 1v1 all game. Credit to him for hitting most of his shots in the Wiscy game though.

He isn’t anything special overall though.

He had a good game against Wisconsin. Stopping Edey isn’t in anyone’s game plan at this point. Teams let him go 1v1 all game. Credit to him for hitting most of his shots in the Wiscy game though.

He isn’t anything special overall though.
Nothing special; especially when paired with an inefficient chucker. I really don't know why Paint wastes his time with these guys.

For every block he gets out there, how many points does he give up with people going right around him? You see what you want to see.
Perhaps you’re not watching much Purdue basketball — I can’t blame you for that — but Zach is adding to his bag of tricks in every game. On Tuesday, we learned a little about his defensive mobility and the quickness of his first move in the post. It’s really enjoyable to watch a guy who was barely recruited blossom into a bona fide star.

Reactions: Dandelion1972
He better learn a 23 foot jumper?
You think he can gaurd Embid ?
He does make his f.t. ...I'll give him that.
But sloooow of foot..
Doesn't even look to take 12 ft shoot.
It's either a 5 ft shot or a dunk..He'll be a load at Purdue though...

Perhaps you’re not watching much Purdue basketball — I can’t blame you for that — but Zach is adding to his bag of tricks in every game. On Tuesday, we learned a little about his defensive mobility and the quickness of his first move in the post. It’s really enjoyable to watch a guy who was barely recruited blossom into a bona fide star.
How many bona fide stars do you have on your team now? I’ve lost count, but it’s got to be close to 6 or 7.

Painter does a good job of recruiting and developing bigs . I'm still not sure what Arch is good at developing. Edney is young and has probably done more for his team than Lander has for IU . To be honest he has probably done more for PU than all our freshman combined . Is he great ? No, but he has a better chance to play at the next level than any of IU's freshmen do .

Painter does a good job of recruiting and developing bigs . I'm still not sure what Arch is good at developing. Edney is young and has probably done more for his team than Lander has for IU . To be honest he has probably done more for PU than all our freshman combined.

Your instincts are correct regarding Edey's production.

He is trailing IUs freshman class by 6 points, and only had 1/3rd the number of minutes played to get them ....

Purdue vs. IU freshman class update
IU's entire 4 man class:
1,092 minutes
218 points

Zach Edey:
359 minutes
212 points

But to be fair, Edey is 2 months & 26 days older than 5 star Lander.

Your instincts are correct regarding Edey's production.

He is trailing IUs freshman class by 6 points, and only had 1/3rd the number of minutes played to get them ....
Wow, how boring would my life have to be to track such an arcane stat? I guess I'd have just had to have been a PU grad.

He better learn a 23 foot jumper?
You think he can gaurd Embid ?
He does make his f.t. ...I'll give him that.
But sloooow of foot..
Doesn't even look to take 12 ft shoot.
It's either a 5 ft shot or a dunk..He'll be a load at Purdue though...

He is already more talented/skilled and coordinated than Takko Fall who is in the nba. Yeah, he’ll ride the bench due to today’s nba game but he’ll be in the nba.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Wow, how boring would my life have to be to track such an arcane stat? I guess I'd have just had to have been a PU grad.
Dear god...the obsession is sick.

You both realize I just copied and pasted that from another poster on another thread on this forum right?

I didn't actually go look that up :) I just had read that post shortly before I saw @Brockettman's post on this thread. He was making a hypothesis, and since I had just seen the information I figured I'd share it with him.

But @kkott is correct us PU grads do like to track data and results. It's how we measure how we're getting better or not. We find that to be a much more reliable attribute than the "eye-test" or how many stars a recruit gets.

I think our approach seems to be working quite well, but each his own. :)

Last edited:
I should’ve been specific and said on the offensive side of the ball he is. He’s only played basketball for 3 years. Much to learn and improve on but he will be in the nba.
I remember hearing the same about Haas. Those types of players would have been great 20-30 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: EarlTubbs
You both realize I just copied and pasted that from another poster on another thread on this forum right?

I didn't actually go look that up :) I just had read that post shortly before I saw @Brockettman's post on this thread. He was making a hypothesis, and since I had just seen the information I figured I'd share it with him.

But @kkott is correct us PU grads do like to track data and results. It's how we measure how we're getting better or not. We find that to be a much more reliable attribute than the "eye-test" or how many stars a recruit gets.

I think our approach seems to be working quite well, but each his own. :)

What we realize is that PU grads are living on IU forums everywhere trying despeately to earn approval from big brother. And some are taking it to the extreme of following IU Freshmen around and comparing them to PU freshmen.

Here is the difference between you and me, I can name exactly one PU freshman, and that is only because I wanted him to play in Btown.

What we realize is that PU grads are living on IU forums everywhere trying despeately to earn approval from big brother. And some are taking it to the extreme of following IU Freshmen around and comparing them to PU freshmen.

Here is the difference between you and me, I can name exactly one PU freshman, and that is only because I wanted him to play in Btown.

Two guys who never went to iu, you and small trojans, are calling out purdue grass lol. You can name the entire team, don’t lie for likes. 5+ years for “big brother” to finally win one lmao.

Nobody outside of the state knows a thing about what your irrelevant program did well before either of you were born. Sad!

Two guys who never went to iu, you and small trojans, are calling out purdue grass lol. You can name the entire team, don’t lie for likes. 5 years and counting for “big brother” to finally win one or make the tournament lmao.

I can name exactly 3.5

Travon Williams (monster in the middle)
Ivey (should be a Hoosier)
Isaiah Thompson (Because he went to Zville)
The white kid with the unfortunate hair (Sasha?)

Hope that helps Ace.

• Haha
Reactions: EarlTubbs
Pretty sure he in fact has said in the past that Hummel wanted to be a Hoosier but I’m not 100% on that.

Wouldn’t shock me in the least. Of all the schools he could’ve bandwagoned with his hs degree he chose iu. Not very bright.

Pretty sure this free board is for non alums.

Wouldn’t shock me in the least. Of all the schools he could’ve bandwagoned with his hs degree he chose iu. Not very bright.
I’m sort of wrong on that claim. Looks like he just likes to say that Indiana could’ve got him if not for the Sampson scandal. Never specifically said Robbie wanted to be a Hoosier which is what I’m sure he will comment on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT