ADVERTISEMENT

Biden options

Which Democratic option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, at least a year ago 2/3 of democratic voters wanted him replaced. This is not new news, regardless of the supposed coverup attempts by certain news outlets.
The problem Biden has with staying in the race, is it takes away one of the biggest arguments to vote against Trump; he only cares about himself, not you, me, or the country. And that is 100% true. But I’m a Democrat and I’m getting the sense that Biden only cares about himself. Or he has delusions of grandeur, or he’s senile. Or he’s being given bad advise from his family.

Being POTUS must be so much better of a gig than even we imagine to have people do anything to obtain it, or to hold on to it.

Being POTUS must be so much better of a gig than even we imagine to have people do anything to obtain it, or to hold on to it.

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others ; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were- cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?'

-George Orwell

The problem Biden has with staying in the race, is it takes away one of the biggest arguments to vote against Trump; he only cares about himself, not you, me, or the country. And that is 100% true. But I’m a Democrat and I’m getting the sense that Biden only cares about himself. Or he has delusions of grandeur, or he’s senile. Or he’s being given bad advise from his family.

All possibilities. It's also possible (although unlikely IMO) that everyone is giving Biden good advice, but he's just so addled that he's not listening.

Lot's of potential bad reasons for him staying in this thing. I can't think of a good reason.

Reactions: Morrison
Imagine being the leader of the free world and the most powerful person in the world. Social media, cigarettes, gambling, cocaine, have nothing on the dopamine hit that must give you.

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others ; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were- cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?'

-George Orwell
Interesting. Until I saw Orwell’s name at the end, I assumed the Pubs actually wrote out a platform this cycle.

You're just plain wrong. Apparently you haven't read what he's written all along. He's not been wishy-washy at all.... he's said from the beginning that he didn't like Trump (neither do I) and would never vote for him. I didn't vote for President in 2016 because I couldn't stand either one of the candidates. In 2020 I held my nose and voted for Trump but Biden would probably have gotten my vote if he hadn't picked Harris as VP. Biden fooled a lot of people as far as what he's done as president because he seemed like a reasonable person when he was a senator.

On edit: I see that he answered your post on how he's voted (not that he owed that too you).
It's nice you're sticking up for him, but doesn't explain why he has never criticized Democrats on this board as much as he does Republicans.

Biden only fooled people who were duped by things like 'Russian Collusion'. They bought the media/Democrat lies hook, lies, and sinker.

They are now embarrassed by their choice, so they double down on their hate for Trump. Biden has always been a liar and 2-faced clown. You had to ignore 50 years of past history to not see that.

Thinking more about replacing Biden. Harris drives away White men, it would not be good. At the same point, skipping over her would cause Black women to stay away as they will view her as next up. Especially if a White man is chosen. That would not be good. I don't see a solution that works.
I think the plan all along was for Joe to show how far gone he is and then have him step down and Kamala become Prez.

Problem is, Joe's not playing along. Oh, he's doing is part by showing his dementia, but Jill don't play that. She's not giving up her power. She, along with some staffers who don't particularly care for Kamala.

And Kamala totally failed in her job to at least appear competent. That really put a wrench in the gears, because no one could seriously say she'd be an improvement over Dementia Joe.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.....

It's nice you're sticking up for him, but doesn't explain why he has never criticized Democrats on this board as much as he does Republicans.

Biden only fooled people who were duped by things like 'Russian Collusion'. They bought the media/Democrat lies hook, lies, and sinker.

They are now embarrassed by their choice, so they double down on their hate for Trump. Biden has always been a liar and 2-faced clown. You had to ignore 50 years of past history to not see that.
You’re wrong, or lying, as usual. Of course I’m criticizing Trump more recently because he deserves it. He deserves it. I’ve long been convinced he’s unfit to be President and he’s an embarrassment to my party. However, he’s gotten a fraction of the criticism I’ve doled out to Democrats on this board during my time here. A tiny fraction.

You Trumpsters just can’t understand that being Republican does NOT require supporting Trump. You just don’t understand the difference between honesty and Trump-style dishonesty. Otherwise known as lying. You get butthurt extremely easily. Not everyone shares your victim mentality, and you definitely have that. It’s pathetic.

Last edited:
I’d put up a large amount in a bet. The overall electorate doesn’t live in the MAGA bubble, and are looking for a way out of the Biden-Trump disaster, my friend.
Half the electorate is fine with Trump. Kamala might get 35% of the vote. Maybe. Booker? Are you serious?

-George Orwell
Too bad George doesn’t seem to be taught … Animal Farm and 1984 were removed from (too) many HS Libraries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
He needs to go. Like ****ing now. And I don’t care who wins in November. Kamala needs to take over.

We have a collection of bureaucrats and family members running the executive branch. People that nobody voted for by the way. It is completely unacceptable.

He embarrasses the nation every second he remains in office. And any ****head, jackal that try’s to weigh in about Trump being embarrassing is a dishonest piece of shit.

You’re wrong, or losing, as usual. Of course I’m criticizing Trump more recently because he deserves it. He deserves it. I’ve long been convinced he’s unfit to be President and he’s an embarrassment to my party. However, he’s gotten a fraction of the criticism I’ve doled out to Democrats on this board during my time here. A tiny fraction.

You Trumpsters just can’t understand that being Republican does NOT require supporting Trump. You just don’t understand the difference between honesty and Trump-style dishonesty. Otherwise known as lying. You get butthurt extremely easily. Not everyone shares your victim mentality, and you definitely have that. It’s pathetic.
Biden, a Democrat, has been the President the past 3 1/2 years and done a terrible job. It’s been the worst run, since Carter. Yet, you have spent more time criticizing Trump, a Republican, who hasn’t been the President since 2020. This is why Dan, myself, and others think you’re full of poop. The only other posters who have done that are all Democrats. Just sayin 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
@BradStevens is Animal House in the WCBC? 😉
Saving that for the WCMovieClub.

First week's assignment, The Evolution of America: An Examination of the Fraternity in Cinema. We will be watching and then comparing and contrasting the morality and problematic nature of masculinity as represented in Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds, Old School, and Neighbors.

Week two: Cinematic Sexuality. Looking for recommendations . . .

Saving that for the WCMovieClub.

First week's assignment, The Evolution of America: An Examination of the Fraternity in Cinema. We will be watching and then comparing and contrasting the morality and problematic nature of masculinity as represented in Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds, Old School, and Neighbors.

Week two: Cinematic Sexuality. Looking for recommendations . . .
Week one - check
Week two - I’ll recommend The Handmaiden (2016). It can be watched on Amazon Prime, & is one of the great Korean director Park Chan-wook’s masterpieces (Oldboy, Decision to Leave are musts if you are unfamiliar with his work). The movie itself is outstanding, & in keeping with the suggested Cinematic sexuality theme, this movie explores female sexuality somewhat unconventionally with some perverse & wonderful girl on girl action.🙂
Hey I’m watching The Handmaiden. Check it out now on Prime Video!
https://watch.amazon.com/detail?gti...e1a80&territory=US&ref_=share_ios_movie&r=web

Biden, a Democrat, has been the President the past 3 1/2 years and done a terrible job. It’s been the worst run, since Carter. Yet, you have spent more time criticizing Trump, a Republican, who hasn’t been the President since 2000. This is why Dan, myself, and others think you’re full of poop. The only other posters who have done that are all Democrats. Just sayin 🤷🏻‍♂️
This is how unfit I think Trump is to be President. I'm willing to put up with a Democrat because of that. I don't give a crap if you guys are butthurt that I don't agree that Republicans are required to support Trump. I'll never do it. Just deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing and ulrey
This is how unfit I think Trump is to be President. I'm willing to put up with a Democrat because of that. I don't give a crap if you guys are butthurt that I don't agree that Republicans are required to support Trump. I'll never do it. Just deal with it.
No one cares, asshole..

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Week one - check
Week two - I’ll recommend The Handmaiden (2016). It can be watched on Amazon Prime, & is one of the great Korean director Park Chan-wook’s masterpieces (Oldboy, Decision to Leave are musts if you are unfamiliar with his work). The movie itself is outstanding, & in keeping with the suggested Cinematic sexuality theme, this movie explores female sexuality somewhat unconventionally with some perverse & wonderful girl on girl action.🙂
Hey I’m watching The Handmaiden. Check it out now on Prime Video!
https://watch.amazon.com/detail?gti...e1a80&territory=US&ref_=share_ios_movie&r=web
Uh, bro. The other films are Wild Things and Basic Instinct.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
Not at all. I know you aren’t very smart and declining and it makes you easily triggered and prone to getting butthurt. Don’t reply to my posts and you’ll be safe at the home.
Hey , take a break.go watch Nikleback video's. I totally suggest anything that has Billy Gibbons in it. WE all want to be a big rock star !!
Saddly you score below nickleback. Sad but true. ... How do you score below nickleback"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT