ADVERTISEMENT

Being a man

Well she wants to meet at the storage unit to get my shit bc she’s moving the rest of hers in with the bf. The prankster is right. I just need to move on
IBH.gif

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
You sure he's not there to film it? Some chicks dig dudes that dig that.

Still think you should bang her mom. Hell, maybe pick her mom and bring her to the unit.
I think her mom would be closer to his age anyway.

But he doesn't do coug.....uh, Pumas.

Seems like it’s harder to be a masculine man these days, particularly if you are a liberal.

A liberal woman laments her difficulty in finding a masculine liberal man. It’s not hard to figure out why. Amongst the wreckage left in the wake of the modern progressive movement is the take down of traditions, including traditional male and female roles. Yes, there really are differences between the sexes. Toxic femininity is as bad as toxic masculinity. The problem is that femininity is more stylish and it’s adverse effects are seeping into education, culture, business, and life.

The author in CoH's interesting link opens up with the following..

It’s tough being a man.

My take on this is that it is tough imitating the role model of what is considered being a masculine man. Let us face it, pretending to be something you weren't born to be, or raised to be, is both hard and self defeating.

Instead of trying to fit some perceived role model why cannot we just accept being ourselves ? Trying to be someone else seems to me to be tougher than just being yourself.

Finally, who, or what, defines the role models of masculinity or femininity in the first place ?

The author in CoH's interesting link opens up with the following..

It’s tough being a man.

My take on this is that it is tough imitating the role model of what is considered being a masculine man. Let us face it, pretending to be something you weren't born to be, or raised to be, is both hard and self defeating.

Instead of trying to fit some perceived role model why cannot we just accept being ourselves ? Trying to be someone else seems to me to be tougher than just being yourself.

Finally, who, or what, defines the role models of masculinity or femininity in the first place ?
I’m not sure what you are getting at, but I think you are begging the question.

First of all, I don’t think a kid born with a penis should ever feel the need to ”pretend” to be a man. If such a kid has that urge, IMO, it stems from misery and dissatisfaction instilled in that kid by adults, more likely than not, female adults. The whole modern gender disconnect theory began in as a silly sociology concept Around 30 years ago. It isn’t science.

From the earliest years of elementary school boys are pressured into behavior standards that largely don’t fit boys. Some boys are even drugged for that reason. Ive read some about giving youngsters behavioral drugs, the boys outnumber girls by a wide margin.

Boys, and men, are raised and conditioned to believe that bad masculinity, euphemistically called toxic masculinity, is a thing. In short, masculinity is becoming undesirable in polite company. Female behavior never receives a similar condemnation. Why do you suppose that is?

There is much social good to masculinity. We are suffering because of the lack of it. Absent fathers, lack of men in k-12 education, and the institutional feminism of all education is taking a toll.

Reactions: jet812
Female behavior never receives a similar condemnation.

What kind of behavior? Please share your academic research.

Ambition is viewed very negatively.

Do you have daughters? No way they'd agree with you.

masculinity is becoming undesirable in polite company.
What behaviors in particular? "Masculinity" as defined by whom? You? It's amazing how you appear to sincerely believe that you are an authority on everything. Again, share your research. Or at least a few links from authoritative sources.

Reactions: hoosboot
I’m not sure what you are getting at, but I think you are begging the question.

First of all, I don’t think a kid born with a penis should ever feel the need to ”pretend” to be a man. If such a kid has that urge, IMO, it stems from misery and dissatisfaction instilled in that kid by adults, more likely than not, female adults. The whole modern gender disconnect theory began in as a silly sociology concept Around 30 years ago. It isn’t science.

From the earliest years of elementary school boys are pressured into behavior standards that largely don’t fit boys. Some boys are even drugged for that reason. Ive read some about giving youngsters behavioral drugs, the boys outnumber girls by a wide margin.

Boys, and men, are raised and conditioned to believe that bad masculinity, euphemistically called toxic masculinity, is a thing. In short, masculinity is becoming undesirable in polite company. Female behavior never receives a similar condemnation. Why do you suppose that is?

There is much social good to masculinity. We are suffering because of the lack of it. Absent fathers, lack of men in k-12 education, and the institutional feminism of all education is taking a toll.
And yet, here you are, attempting to establish the definition of what it means to be a "man"...a notion hoot correctly shot down.
What characteristics do adult females try to suppress in young boys, through pressure and/or drugs? What facets of masculinity are being targeted? Integrity? Compassion? Empathy? Self-sacrifice? How are these characterizations being attacked.
Why don't you post a list of masculine traits, coupled with the strategies being utilized to wipe them out?

Reactions: hoosboot
And yet, here you are, attempting to establish the definition of what it means to be a "man"...a notion hoot correctly shot down.
What characteristics do adult females try to suppress in young boys, through pressure and/or drugs? What facets of masculinity are being targeted? Integrity? Compassion? Empathy? Self-sacrifice? How are these characterizations being attacked.
Why don't you post a list of masculine traits, coupled with the strategies being utilized to wipe them out?
Men don't hold the door for women like they used to.

And women are the primary breadwinners in too many g-damned households.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
Men don't hold the door for women like they used to.

And women are the primary breadwinners in too many g-damned households.
My wife and I (both Dems) worked, but we still tended to settle into pretty traditional roles. She supplied the listening ear and the shoulder to cry on (more so because we had daughters), while I was the "Daddy"...a role that required me to be the main rule setter and enforcer, while still being approachable and lovable. At all times, my wife and I were on the same page. I have recently told them that I wanted to be the big goofy bear hug guy, but with a tinge of crazy anger so they just weren't 100% sure what I might be capable of in the case of more severe disobedience, of which we had scant examples.
I always laugh at threads like this and the ones where the brain trust is giving advice to mcm. I know it's in good fun from both sides, but it is funny to see these rejects from the long-term relationship/marriage/parenthood pool offering their opinions on how to deal with the opposite sex, or what it means to be a "real man". It gets tiring sometimes, but it really does affirm that I have hit most of the right notes in my life as a spouse and parent who wanted to teach young daughters how they should be treated by any guy they decide to date/marry.

Last edited:
My wife and I both worked, but we still tended to settle into pretty traditional roles. She supplied the listening ear and the shoulder to cry on (more so because we had daughters), while I was the "Daddy"...a role that required me to be the main rule setter and enforcer, while still being approachable and lovable. At all times, my wife and I were on the same page. I have recently told them that I wanted to be the big goofy bear hug guy, but with a tinge of crazy anger so they just weren't 100% sure what I might be capable of in the case of more severe disobedience, of which we had scant examples.
I always laugh at threads like this and the ones where the brain trust is giving advice to mcm. I know it's in good fun from both sides, but it is funny to see these rejects from the long-term relationship/marriage/parenthood pool offering their opinions on how to deal with the opposite sex, or what it means to be a "real man". It gets tiring sometimes, but it really does affirm that I have hit most of the right notes in my life as a spouse and parent who wanted to teach young daughters how they should be treated by any guy they decide to date/marry.

As a 3 time daughter dad, you said this very well.

My daughter is going to be a trainwreck. And she’s smart and clever. I cannot imagine what’s coming. Misery

Nah, she'll be good.

You may be a train wreck, but you seem to adore her and do what's best for her. If she's not doing drugs or locked up and still in school, you're doing something right.

Thank you my friend. She’s thriving and killing it. But the scary years are starting up. She turns 13 in sept

Hell yeah, the scary years are ahead if you.

She's moody now, just wait. If you have a dog, make sure they like you because you'll be spending a lot of time in the doghouse with it. You won't do much right in their eyes, but your their dad, so you'll still love her (from as close as she'll let you be 🙂 ).

What kind of behavior? Please share your academic research.

Ambition is viewed very negatively.

Do you have daughters? No way they'd agree with you.

What behaviors in particular? "Masculinity" as defined by whom? You? It's amazing how you appear to sincerely believe that you are an authority on everything. Again, share your research. Or at least a few links from authoritative sources.
For openers:

using the ignore button is not masculine.

Anybody who announces the use the ignore button not masculine.

Anybody who complains about internet trolls is not masculine.

Each if these three are contrary to the very first verse of Kipling’s poem about what it means to be a man.

It will be hell through her teen years, but she'll be fine.
She’s funny as hell. She is going to fla with her church group. So Disney dad gave her his card to go online and order clothes and swimsuits etc. Afterward the church group posted the dress code for the trip. Like she’s Amish. I was crying laughing. I have it on the refrigerator. She thought she was gonna go down there and really let it fly

She’s funny as hell. She is going to fla with her church group. So Disney dad gave her his card to go online and order clothes and swimsuits etc. Afterward the church group posted the dress code for the trip. Like she’s Amish. I was crying laughing. I have it on the refrigerator. She thought she was gonna go down there and really let it fly
The fact she's involved in a church group is a good sign. I don't care if you're a believer or not - nothing wrong with some spiritual guidance (as long as it doesn't get controlling).

Sounds like you must be doing something right. Just be understanding and keep the credit card line open.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT