Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Andy's Off Topic Forum' started by PhishPhan682, May 15, 2015.

1. cryano

cryano All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

How did the Miller Lite and Bud Light cases go over?

2. hookyIU1990

hookyIU1990 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Back in the old days when I actually went into an office where other people worked, I was the beer guy for the company fridge. That fridge serves up everything for Thursday's 4:30 happy hour. If there wasn't Miller Lite and Mich Ultra in the fridge, I would get strung up by my heels. I try to mix it up with the craft stuff, but there will always be "shit beer" in the beer fridge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. cryano

cryano All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

They picked the right guy - You were good at what they asked you to do!

Ive been buying Dragonfly quite a bit recently...the $8 sixpack price is hard to turn away for a pretty good beer...
    And CliffJumper from CountryBoy too because Kroger always has it well-stocked...

4. hookyIU1990

hookyIU1990 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I had to let a lot of crap work it's way through the process. There was still something like 4 different kinds of cream ale in the fridge 3 months after I took it over. Luckily the wine drinkers aren't picky and they're easy to shop for. Bourbon was the challenge for awhile, but once I realized they'd drink a $6 bottle of wine, I was able to keep a handle of Four Roses in the cabinet.

Dragonfly is one of my favorites too. Not a daily drinker, but it's always in the fridge. Meijer has a lot of Founders in the system, so All Day IPA or Centennial IPA has been what I've been drinking regularly for most of 2020. 15 packs for $15.

I think I'm going to try to make it over to Great Fermentations and buy some grain & yeast, or at least some extract. I still have hops in the freezer. Time to fire the brewery back up.

1484 hookyIU1990, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  5. cryano

cryano All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    Having this one tonight...Ive had before...but its delicious and haven’t recalled seeing it on here...

PhishPhan682 likes this.
  6. Cortez88

Cortez88 Junior
    Expand Collapse

I have to admit that I’ve grown tired of the hazy and fruity IPAs. Maybe that will change with the weather. I’ve been going back to some old favorite malty IPAs - 2 Hearted a s SN Torpedo.

hookyIU1990 likes this.
  7. cryano

cryano All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    Bought this sampler pack yesterday...wondering why it took my so long to try Union Jack...MindHaze isnt bad either...Propagator just ok...havent had the green one yet...

Been a good buy for watching the Florida Derby today though...

8. cryano

cryano All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Alright...Im going to agree w you on the Light Two Hearted...I didnt mind it the first time or two...
    But took a 6 pack to the neighbors last night for a fire pit...and I struggled to get past the 3rd one...

PhishPhan682 likes this.
  9. hookyIU1990

hookyIU1990 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Friday night was "Date Night". We took a walk to Bier North and got a growler of Wizard Tears for the pizza we were making. Double dry hopped american IPA. 88 IBUs and almost 7%. Really good IPA and I'll go get it again before it's off.

cryano likes this.
  10. cryano

cryano All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    This 9.5% to start the afternoon is pretty good...almost as sweet as a candy orange slice.

11. Cortez88

Cortez88 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Big Red currently has 25% off all Indiana products - beer and liquor. You can order online and pick up curbside.

cryano likes this.
  12. PhishPhan682

PhishPhan682 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

today is "four twenty four" you could just repeat that for hours

13. PhishPhan682

PhishPhan682 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

How about a some 2014 Bourbon County followed by a 2015 BA Behomth from 3FFF

Holla

[​IMG]

hookyIU1990 and cryano like this.
  14. hookyIU1990

hookyIU1990 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I've been going to Bier every Friday for the same thing. 2 growlers of PDG and a bullet of Wizard tears. I gotta break the chains of the same old habit this week. I think I'm going to head over to Deviate and just tell them brewer's choice on all the growlers.

cryano likes this.