ADVERTISEMENT

Beer Thread

Nice. We're hosting a friend's 40th birthday party and I was (naturally) put in charge of the beer. Big Red gave me a pretty decent discount on 2 cases of Lagunitas Maximas, 2 cases of Oberon, a case of Bud Lite and a case of Miller Lite. I'll probably add a couple 4 packs of Headhunter IPA and hide them for the cool guys.
How did the Miller Lite and Bud Light cases go over?

How did the Miller Lite and Bud Light cases go over?
Back in the old days when I actually went into an office where other people worked, I was the beer guy for the company fridge. That fridge serves up everything for Thursday's 4:30 happy hour. If there wasn't Miller Lite and Mich Ultra in the fridge, I would get strung up by my heels. I try to mix it up with the craft stuff, but there will always be "shit beer" in the beer fridge.

rkMYOzg.jpg

uUU4gko.jpg

Y30AeGw.jpg

Back in the old days when I actually went into an office where other people worked, I was the beer guy for the company fridge. That fridge serves up everything for Thursday's 4:30 happy hour. If there wasn't Miller Lite and Mich Ultra in the fridge, I would get strung up by my heels. I try to mix it up with the craft stuff, but there will always be "shit beer" in the beer fridge.

rkMYOzg.jpg

uUU4gko.jpg

Y30AeGw.jpg
They picked the right guy - You were good at what they asked you to do!

Ive been buying Dragonfly quite a bit recently...the $8 sixpack price is hard to turn away for a pretty good beer...
And CliffJumper from CountryBoy too because Kroger always has it well-stocked...

They picked the right guy - You were good at what they asked you to do!

Ive been buying Dragonfly quite a bit recently...the $8 sixpack price is hard to turn away for a pretty good beer...
And CliffJumper from CountryBoy too because Kroger always has it well-stocked...
Thanks. I had to let a lot of crap work it's way through the process. There was still something like 4 different kinds of cream ale in the fridge 3 months after I took it over. Luckily the wine drinkers aren't picky and they're easy to shop for. Bourbon was the challenge for awhile, but once I realized they'd drink a $6 bottle of wine, I was able to keep a handle of Four Roses in the cabinet.

Dragonfly is one of my favorites too. Not a daily drinker, but it's always in the fridge. Meijer has a lot of Founders in the system, so All Day IPA or Centennial IPA has been what I've been drinking regularly for most of 2020. 15 packs for $15.

I think I'm going to try to make it over to Great Fermentations and buy some grain & yeast, or at least some extract. I still have hops in the freezer. Time to fire the brewery back up.

Last edited:
Dvl8jjqXgAEK6AC.jpg

Having this one tonight...Ive had before...but its delicious and haven’t recalled seeing it on here...

I have to admit that I’ve grown tired of the hazy and fruity IPAs. Maybe that will change with the weather. I’ve been going back to some old favorite malty IPAs - 2 Hearted a s SN Torpedo.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Firestone-Walker-Mix-Pack-12PK-12OZ-CAN_4780affa-0c34-4075-9aa2-d5ecca7271ce_620x.jpg

Bought this sampler pack yesterday...wondering why it took my so long to try Union Jack...MindHaze isnt bad either...Propagator just ok...havent had the green one yet...

Been a good buy for watching the Florida Derby today though...

It is even lighter. It is like 3.5%.

I'd drink an All Day. I'll never drink another Light Two Hearted
Alright...Im going to agree w you on the Light Two Hearted...I didnt mind it the first time or two...
But took a 6 pack to the neighbors last night for a fire pit...and I struggled to get past the 3rd one...

Reactions: PhishPhan682
Friday night was "Date Night". We took a walk to Bier North and got a growler of Wizard Tears for the pizza we were making. Double dry hopped american IPA. 88 IBUs and almost 7%. Really good IPA and I'll go get it again before it's off.

Reactions: cryano
2017.11.13_MBC2.jpg

This 9.5% to start the afternoon is pretty good...almost as sweet as a candy orange slice.

Big Red currently has 25% off all Indiana products - beer and liquor. You can order online and pick up curbside.

I've been going to Bier every Friday for the same thing. 2 growlers of PDG and a bullet of Wizard tears. I gotta break the chains of the same old habit this week. I think I'm going to head over to Deviate and just tell them brewer's choice on all the growlers.

So Bells does actually make a bad beer...
This was new to me tonight, and at 8.5% and $17/4pack had high hopes after a 5hr day in the sun/pool....flat/bland/bad aftertaste...just a poor product(canned on 5/4/2020)

Id have traded at a loss of 2to1 for the $11/4 pack of Pseudo Sue that I skipped over to try this Bells...

Bells-Incessant-NE-DIPA-4pk-16-oz-Cans_1.png

Last edited:
So Bells does actually make a bad beer...
This was new to me tonight, and at 8.5% and $17/4pack had high hopes after a 5hr day in the sun/pool....flat/bland/bad aftertaste...just a poor product(canned on 5/4/2020)

Id have traded at a loss of 2to1 for the $11/4 pack of Pseudo Sue that I skipped over to try this Bells...

Bells-Incessant-NE-DIPA-4pk-16-oz-Cans_1.png
The Light Hearted Ale is also terrible

They aren't perfect but they are damn near perfect

I was able to get two six-packs of the Double Two Hearted yesterday. They received 2 total cases. Lady cashier let me get 2. Manager told her as I was leaving she messed up - 1 6 pack limit.
$24.99/6 packs...I wont be back for more...but glad I was able to get it.

I was able to get two six-packs of the Double Two Hearted yesterday. They received 2 total cases. Lady cashier let me get 2. Manager told her as I was leaving she messed up - 1 6 pack limit.
$24.99/6 packs...I wont be back for more...but glad I was able to get it.
I had some on draft on Sunday. It is great. I don't know if I would get two six packs good but cheers!

I bought a 6 pack of Lagunitas' Sucks IPA. Not much of a malt backbone, but dry hopped to the nth degree. Lots of citrus and just a really good beer if dry hopped IPAs are your thing. My plan was to drink it during during the bucket game and send a picture of it to my purdue buddies everytime IU scored. Now I'm going to save a couple for the hoops matchups.
q72Ewyx.png

I bought a 6 pack of Lagunitas' Sucks IPA. Not much of a malt backbone, but dry hopped to the nth degree. Lots of citrus and just a really good beer if dry hopped IPAs are your thing. My plan was to drink it during during the bucket game and send a picture of it to my purdue buddies everytime IU scored. Now I'm going to save a couple for the hoops matchups.
q72Ewyx.png
great beer and great brewery

POTFB

CHEERS

q72Ewyx.png

Sucks is amazing. A few weeks back I picked up Sucks and SN Celebration. Two of my favorite seasonal beers. I actually got out a couple days ago and bought the remaining few six packs of Celebration from my local grocery.

Sucks is amazing. A few weeks back I picked up Sucks and SN Celebration. Two of my favorite seasonal beers. I actually got out a couple days ago and bought the remaining few six packs of Celebration from my local grocery.
Celebration and Bigfoot are my 2 favorite SN offerings.

Reactions: Cortez88
Is anyone else completely over this hazy and fruity IPA fad? It was ok when the weather was warm, but I’m just out now. Give me a malty bitter IPA like 2 Hearted or Torpedo any day.

Reactions: BigMobe
Is anyone else completely over this hazy and fruity IPA fad? It was ok when the weather was warm, but I’m just out now. Give me a malty bitter IPA like 2 Hearted or Torpedo any day.
I like them, but I'm not drinking them all the time especially now. This time of year it's big malt backboned beers like Double IPAs, Imperial Stouts or Old Ales that I'm looking for. This weekend, I found a Bells Expedition Stout in the back of the beer fridge. A scoop of good french vanilla ice cream and some of that stout was a great dessert while the rest of it warmed up a little in my glass.

Reason #274 of why I've gotten fat.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT