ADVERTISEMENT

Beer Thread

Tuesday afternoon blue hair. We blocked our calendars and left the house at 3:00. Delicious sushi at Blue Sushi Sake Grill followed by a late afternoon into evening trip to Daredevil Hall. All the beers were fantastic. I had a couple of Hop Pilot IPAs, a Rip Chord DIPA and a few of their english dark milds. Mrs. hooky had a Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Stout and a couple of Belgian Golden Strong ales. $250 and a good nights sleep later, we had to go down and pick up my vehicle. Absolutely worth every penny and all the hassle.

Tuesday afternoon blue hair. We blocked our calendars and left the house at 3:00. Delicious sushi at Blue Sushi Sake Grill followed by a late afternoon into evening trip to Daredevil Hall. All the beers were fantastic. I had a couple of Hop Pilot IPAs, a Rip Chord DIPA and a few of their english dark milds. Mrs. hooky had a Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Stout and a couple of Belgian Golden Strong ales. $250 and a good nights sleep later, we had to go down and pick up my vehicle. Absolutely worth every penny and all the hassle.

I think Daredevil is definitely one of the best local breweries around. They have a lot of good stuff.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I was listening to a Kathleen Madigan comedy routine where she was describing Guinness as already having the roast beef and mashed potatoes already included in it. I'm drinking a Guinness right now. I think she's right

I enjoyed a few Working Man's Pilsners over the weekend. Perfect after mowing the yard.

Ran across an IPA I've really been enjoying from Devil's Trumpet Brewing, My Ghetto. Claims 100 IBU, but it's got a big citrusy punch.

I’m the opposite. Completely out on the hazy stuff. Searching for some great lagers for the summer. Urban Chestnut does some great German stuff and locally Daredevil has some nice offerings. Any other lager recommendations?
Ive been into some really good local Kolsch offerings

still love a malt forward IPA. @Hoops Cat and his shit hazebro nonsense have me SMH

Reactions: Hoops Cat
Ive been into some really good local Kolsch offerings

still love a malt forward IPA. @Hoops Cat and his shit hazebro nonsense have me SMH
Haze all the way! I enjoyed the crap out the double dry hopped Pseudo Sue I had with dinner last night....

Except, well, no.

My summer beer, at least so far, has been Sun Crusher by Revolution. 5.3% abv, so crushable and patio-ready (or golf bag), and a nice hop bite, but not too much.

Haze all the way! I enjoyed the crap out the double dry hopped Pseudo Sue I had with dinner last night....

Except, well, no.

My summer beer, at least so far, has been Sun Crusher by Revolution. 5.3% abv, so crushable and patio-ready (or golf bag), and a nice hop bite, but not too much.
Only is it's Super Lemon Haze ... quit stealing our words.

Only is it's Super Lemon Haze ... quit stealing our words.
My top haze strains (mostly Amsterdam bred genetics if I’m not mistaken):

1A. Super Lemon
1B. Super silver
3. G13 Haze
4. Nevilles Haze
5. Amnesia Haze

Got some Jack Herer by Aeriz recently…. Wowzers, nothing better than a perfectly grown Sativa. You know anything about the Chicago/IL/Midwest area growers? Everyone I’m around talks about Revolution and Aeriz.

My top haze strains (mostly Amsterdam bred genetics if I’m not mistaken):

1A. Super Lemon
1B. Super silver
3. G13 Haze
4. Nevilles Haze
5. Amnesia Haze

Got some Jack Herer by Aeriz recently…. Wowzers, nothing better than a perfectly grown Sativa. You know anything about the Chicago/IL/Midwest area growers? Everyone I’m around talks about Revolution and Aeriz.
Yup, those are all euro breeders. Had everything listed except #3. Nice, you're a Sativa fan.

Jack is always a treat .. and no I've heard the names but not much more than that.

Enjoyed a couple of these during last night's game.

RT3fgm4.jpg

Big fruit bomb of an IPA. Lots of pineapple and some grapefruit.

Tonight's beer was a Lost Coast Fogcutter DIPA. Decent beer, nothing to write home about. Big bite of bitterness up front and some malt on the back.

eplnv7I.jpg

Last edited:

try this if you see it...

it is fantastic

try this if you see it...

it is fantastic
I saw it a Bevmo and didn't give it another thought since I was focused on breweries I can't get back home. I'll try to slip out and grab a sixer.

Reactions: PhishPhan682
Last night's beer was Tomorrow's Clear from Dust Bowl brewery. Disappointing beer that was more of a fruity pale. Thin and mostly dry hopped aroma.

Jd7qRr9.jpg

Tonight's beer is Keg Creek Brewing's Midwest Haze. Well made with a big bittter bite up front with some citrus and malt on the back end. I'd buy it again if I found it out in the wild.

BTW, I'm housing 2 cases of SN Celebration that will be on the menu for the family over xmas. I'm looking forward to that.

Tonight's beer is Keg Creek Brewing's Midwest Haze. Well made with a big bittter bite up front with some citrus and malt on the back end. I'd buy it again if I found it out in the wild.

BTW, I'm housing 2 cases of SN Celebration that will be on the menu for the family over xmas. I'm looking forward to that.
I’ve drank at least a case and a half of SN Celebration this season. So damn good.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Looking for a recommendation for something interesting to bring to a small NYE get together. The host always has a varied selection so I wanted to add a couple sixers for the evening. Any ideas?

Looking for a recommendation for something interesting to bring to a small NYE get together. The host always has a varied selection so I wanted to add a couple sixers for the evening. Any ideas?
where are you located?

I'd always try to go local

There’s some pretty excellent kolsch’s that would take umbrage at that statement.

I don’t know if you’ve tried anything from Dovetail out of Chicago, Phish, but they are more than worthy of your consideration. Check them out if you have a chance.
I do love a good Kolsch. In fact I love a Kolsch more than a pilsner.

brb I need to go grab one

Love the Germans. Outside of Daredevil and Urban Chestnut, any other good recs available in the Indy metro? For me it’s tough to pass up Urquel in the tall boy.

Boys … I recommend getting your hands on Teddy Bear Kisses by Upland … found me some down here in NC and it is worthwhile.

PS … at 10% it’s a big boy drink 😉

Boys … I recommend getting your hands on Teddy Bear Kisses by Upland … found me some down here in NC and it is worthwhile.

PS … at 10% it’s a big boy drink 😉
The straight one is pretty good. The bourbon barrel and peppermint, not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT