ADVERTISEMENT

Bedford

Commits to Colorado. Then commits to Oregon 6 days later. Good riddance. His word means nothing.

his word means nothing, huh? nada. lol Kid's a liar for life. so is his family.

maybe, just maybe, he and his family put their heads together and did the best thing for the kid? sometimes, most times, that involves some mind changing...if you're prudent.

It's not much different than Howland verballing to Minnesota and then coming back.

It is why verbals mean very little other than declaring who is the leader at the moment.

Bedford did what he felt was best for him and CCC/IU has done the same.

I think our line is looking pretty good as is. Sure, it would been better with Bedford but if you told me a couple weeks ago this is what our line would look like, I'd be thinking we did pretty well.

I think our line is looking pretty good as is. Sure, it would been better with Bedford but if you told me a couple weeks ago this is what our line would look like, I'd be thinking we did pretty well.
I like Bedford and the OL would be better with him rather than without. With that being said, I would take a healthy Kidwell over Bedford so we have every reason to believe our OL should be better next year than it was last year just based on talent, let alone coaching/scheme.

I like Bedford and the OL would be better with him rather than without. With that being said, I would take a healthy Kidwell over Bedford so we have every reason to believe our OL should be better next year than it was last year just based on talent, let alone coaching/scheme.
I love optimism but with our history I am a seeing then believing guy.

I love optimism but with our history I am a seeing then believing guy.
For sure, it's all on paper until it's not. Trust me, I genuinely have no expectations for this upcoming season. A lot of hope and wishes but you better believe I'm not placing money I don't fully expect to lose, down on anything.

My comment was just to outline the returns of Katic and Smith on the lines were our top 2 guys. From the sound of things, Kidwell might've been our best OL had he played for IU this past season. I don't know how much trust I hold in the rest of the JMU guys nor do I know if he will even be healthy by the start of next season but if so, with Bostad leading that group I have more confidence in the line next year than I did last year. That's all. I know we can't go to the bank and cash that confidence due to the decades of bad checks IU Fball has written but.....

For sure, it's all on paper until it's not. Trust me, I genuinely have no expectations for this upcoming season. A lot of hope and wishes but you better believe I'm not placing money I don't fully expect to lose, down on anything.

My comment was just to outline the returns of Katic and Smith on the lines were our top 2 guys. From the sound of things, Kidwell might've been our best OL had he played for IU this past season. I don't know how much trust I hold in the rest of the JMU guys nor do I know if he will even be healthy by the start of next season but if so, with Bostad leading that group I have more confidence in the line next year than I did last year. That's all. I know we can't go to the bank and cash that confidence due to the decades of bad checks IU Fball has written but.....
I am glad that we at least have two offensive line starters returning. A few weeks ago I thought we were going to have none back.

My Frosh class was 6 to 1 at Ball U.

My senior year I needed an elective so I took a Home Ec. Cooking Class...

I was the only male... and about 25 gals.

We actually cooked in kitchens and back then... unlike now... for gals THIN was in.... So, I got to eat everything that was made. The week we learned how to prepare all of the different cuts of meats was the best!... Filets in one kitchen, Prime Rib in another, T-Bone, NY Strip... I ate like a King!!

Even better, ended up with a couple of dates out of it...

Only 6 to 1?.... Wow, I'm sad for ya..... :D

We actually cooked in kitchens and back then... unlike now... for gals THIN was in.... So, I got to eat everything that was made. The week we learned how to prepare all of the different cuts of meats was the best!... Filets in one kitchen, Prime Rib in another, T-Bone, NY Strip... I ate like a King!!

Wished the hell I'd thought of that. Although I didn't have a hell of a lot of time for going to classes.

Only a couple of dates?😁

Okay. I'm a little jealous.

Reactions: jsenleo

My senior high of high school I took a semester of typewriting. It was me and 16 sophomore girls. 😂

I was a house boy at a sorority at IU. Lived in the basement. The odds were about 50-1 and I took full advantage.

Were you their case study? lol
It was almost like that with the House Mother, Mom Young. She would call me up late at night to bring her ice cream. It was then I decided one semester of that was enough.

We also had a female version of Niedemier from Animal House. There was an ice storm in late '77 and there was about 5 inches of solid ice on the sidewalk from the house to 10th street. She was on my ass to scrape the ice off the sidewalk with this chintzy snow shovel they had.

Most of the girls were very nice and they invited me to all their dances. When I got an apartment the 2nd semester, they came to our parties. My buddy would come over to the house and we would go by the TV room to see if the girls wanted to hit the bars with us. We always had several go along. Fun times.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT