ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball impact from UCLA and USC moving to the conference...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
So instead of a spring junket to Florida, BiG teams could go (on a rotation?) to So Cal and squeeze in a one or two early season BiG away series while playing the likes of UCSD, UCSB, Cal Sates, & Pepperdine.

So instead of a spring junket to Florida, BiG teams could go (on a rotation?) to So Cal and squeeze in a one or two early season BiG away series while playing the likes of UCSD, UCSB, Cal Sates, & Pepperdine.
I truly wonder if some of the sports (or some of the sports for some of the schools) might not end up playing conference games in neutral locations somewhere in middle America. Or, say, Rutgers and UCLA play a softball series at Iowa while the Hawkeyes are on the road. Stuff like that. Maybe. Maybe not.

I guess the sports that play conference mid-week games will be MOST impacted and there's only a few of those sports, right? MBB, WBB....VB has a couple each year, at least under the current scheduling format.

I could be dead wrong....just a hunch/idea.

I truly wonder if some of the sports (or some of the sports for some of the schools) might not end up playing conference games in neutral locations somewhere in middle America. Or, say, Rutgers and UCLA play a softball series at Iowa while the Hawkeyes are on the road. Stuff like that. Maybe. Maybe not.

I guess the sports that play conference mid-week games will be MOST impacted and there's only a few of those sports, right? MBB, WBB....VB has a couple each year, at least under the current scheduling format.

I could be dead wrong....just a hunch/idea.
Good post. I like the speculation. Agree neutral sites with multiple events i.e. four teams in a neutral site rotation makes too much sense financially. Cool thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT