ADVERTISEMENT

B1G standings and RPI rankings for 4/23...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
With the weekend action over for the B1G here are the standings and the RPI rankings although with games still going on, there will continue to be some movement with the RPI rankings. IU has been bouncing back and forth for the most part from 12 to 14th and are presently as I post this at 12th in the RPI.

It was a good weekend for IU while playing a non-conference series, and things fell well for them. Iowa swept Nebraska, MSU dropped two games to Michigan, and Purdue got the one win we needed over Maryland which was probably the best we were going to get from the Boilers.

It sets up a big weekend with Maryland coming to town this coming Friday in 2nd place and a game behind IU. Everyone else close to IU is at least two games behind IU.

One minor correction in what I posted up there is that Michigan is a game and a half behind us. Still, we are in a very good position right now. Michigan has played three more conference games than IU at this point.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
With the weekend action over for the B1G here are the standings and the RPI rankings although with games still going on, there will continue to be some movement with the RPI rankings. IU has been bouncing back and forth for the most part from 12 to 14th and are presently as I post this at 12th in the RPI.

It was a good weekend for IU while playing a non-conference series, and things fell well for them. Iowa swept Nebraska, MSU dropped two games to Michigan, and Purdue got the one win we needed over Maryland which was probably the best we were going to get from the Boilers.

It sets up a big weekend with Maryland coming to town this coming Friday in 2nd place and a game behind IU. Everyone else close to IU is at least two games behind IU.

Like the 9-1 last 10 and seven game winning streak. Lots of mo for the heart of the Big Season.
IU will be a high seed in the BIG 10 tournament.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I must have checked d1baseball prior to the update still showed us at 14. Kind of odd to be at 12 and still outside the top 25, but I've never really put much stock in the lack of correlation between the 2 in hoops either.

Last edited:
I must have checked d1baseball prior to the update still showed us at 14. Kind of odd to be at 12 and still outside the top 25, but I've never really put much stick the lack of correlation between the 2 in hoops either.
We are currently at No. 11 in the RPI rankings as I post this and there is an extremely good chance that we will stay there until the Tuesday games unless there are games rescheduled to Monday which does happen. I checked and there are two games still in progress and they are UCLA/So. Cal and Long Beach State/Hawaii, and that's it, so we will probably remain at No. 11, although sometimes teams that are not near your RPI position can still affect it with all the variables involved. We played Long Beach State in the East Carolina tourney and lost to them so how they do against Hawaii could possibly affect our position. Long Beach St. is trailing Hawaii 2-0 in the 6th. Needless to say, the RPI is going to continue to bounce around every time games are played for the rest of the regular season, but it's something that fans like me like to track since it gives you an idea of how the system sees your team.

Where do the Women's Softball stand in BIG rankings and nationally? any chance they will make the NCAA/Big Tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT