ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

In the history of IU football when winning they have never had 50,000 plus the rest of the way. Check the IU Foootball media guide. Fans today will leave at halftime as will the students because "its too hot" ... I wish it were different because this team deserves a filled stadium but don't count on it. That Nebraska game will have over 10,000 from Nebraska if not more.
In 3 weeks it will be too cold!

It really was. You can say it’s an excuse but my clothes were absolutely soaked. I was drinking water all game and I still felt bad. If it’s that hot, I need to be in a pool!
Lots of people taking breaks on the concourse 91 bright sun in a crowd is no fun.

I thought the place would empty at half but it didn’t. Several older folks sitting in the EMT area with ice bags on their necks.

We got a passout, came back and stayed until the end. While we were heading out to get our tickets scanned for a passout, a big crowd walked on out. I didn't see another person scan their ticket around us. As we were heading back in, our tailgating neighbor seemed shocked we were going back in.

My thought on tailgating is it is fun and I look forward seeing our friends every Saturday, But I can sit outside and listen to the game while sipping on a drink and eating meat du jour at home. Why would I drive to the game and not go in? We had some younger adults sit by us that came in the middle of the second quarter and didn't return. Pu$$ies! They said it was too hot.

The first half was hot. There was cloud cover and a breeze in the second half. It was a good move to allow water bottles to be brought in and refilling stations.

I h
I would drive three and a half hours each way, battle heavy traffic around Indianapolis and then congestion near the stadium, then pay for parking. There is no way I would just stay in the parking lot and not go inside the stadium.

Beer selection still sucks. I'm a beer snob and love IPA's, but only having a malty 16 oz. Dragonfly on a 90 degree day is not enjoyable. Have some sessions like Campside, Lil Dragonfly. And sell 12 oz cans. The beer gets warm too quickly.
I have my $9 beers before and after the game….when I can drink 6 of them for the same price.

Lots of people taking breaks on the concourse 91 bright sun in a crowd is no fun.

I thought the place would empty at half but it didn’t. Several older folks sitting in the EMT area with ice bags on their necks.
I saw 3 people in motorized wheelchairs near the front of our entrance stay until the end sweating it out as the able bodied fans filed past them and exit at the start of the 4th.
Some people just are mentally tougher.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT