ADVERTISEMENT

Assembly Hall

Used to be impossible for road teams to win here. Feels like crowd now longer a factor there
I don't go to a lot of games, but the crowd has been just fine at all of them I have attended over the past 7-8 years.

I was with my dad at the Arkansas game. It didn't seem very loud like in the past. Granted the students were gone for Christmas break. However, there were quite a number of Arkansas fans there, and you could hear, "Go Hogs!" every time things were going their way. I think a lot of people are fed up with mediocrity. Why drive 1-3 hours to a game to watch the product that has been on the floor? Easier to turn the tv when things start going south.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I was with my dad at the Arkansas game. It didn't seem very loud like in the past. Granted the students were gone for Christmas break. However, there were quite a number of Arkansas fans there, and you could hear, "Go Hogs!" every time things were going their way. I think a lot of people are fed up with mediocrity. Why drive 1-3 hours to a game to watch the product that has been on the floor? Easier to turn the tv when things start going south.
Announcer just commented how quiet is there

Reactions: bsmitty08
When the players look like they've given up, the crowd will follow.

Who would enthusiastically cheer for players who aren’t enthusiastic?

Great body language by Smith going to the bench after blowing his assignment on that back door cut. CAM seems to be losing this team again, just like last year, and even around the same time!

Hard to get juiced watching this basketball..
College hoops starts and stops ..With guards..
Ours are terrible ..At the moment..

Just doesn’t seem as loud and intimidating as it used to be
Just a thought, but I wonder if the replacement of the audio and video displays above mid-court a year or two ago, especially with much larger video displays, somehow dulled the crowd noise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT