ADVERTISEMENT

Ask McCulley to switch back to QB

IDK. They sounded certain that it wasn’t. And he was taken straight to the hospital and had his leg immobilized, which seems unusual for ligament tears.
Just from visual...it seemed more like a break of some sort. Usually with ACL/MCL tears only, there's a little more movement after the injury. Dex stopped like a stone statue and went down. Much more consistent with really bad broken bones...who knows though? Could be one of those knee joint explosions where they tear ligaments AND break bones.

Also...not all that common to use an air cast like that for just ligament tears.

Regardless...Dex is in for a long recovery. I just hope he's able to recover. I think he was headed towards having a really good football career.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Just from visual...it seemed more like a break of some sort. Usually with ACL/MCL tears only, there's a little more movement after the injury. Dex stopped like a stone statue and went down. Much more consistent with really bad broken bones...who knows though? Could be one of those knee joint explosions where they tear ligaments AND break bones.

Also...not all that common to use an air cast like that for just ligament tears.

Regardless...Dex is in for a long recovery. I just hope he's able to recover. I think he was headed towards having a really good football career.
Some folks are saying compound fracture.

He wanted to switch. Don't think he will switch back. He wants to play WR.
Dex is/was different from McCulley. McCulley was an athlete trying to run a P5 offense as quarterback. Dex was a quarterback, who happened to be very athletic.

I think we need to hit the transfer portal, and bring in 2 mobile quarterbacks.

Some folks are saying compound fracture.
Yeah...that would make more sense to me, just from how it looked, and how everyone responded, and then the air cast.

If that's the case, everything depends on how cleanly they were able to set the bones back and stuff. Could be career ending. Could be back again at some point. Tons of variables. Much different than ligament tears.

Regardless...he isn't playing for us next year I'm sure. We need to hit the portal.

Why don't you research before posting. McCulley and his father both said he always wanted to play WR. It is hard to rep stop a player form changing positions and it sure wasn't coach Allen's decision.
You're never going to get through to this guy...

He's decided that He knows what the player Really thinks and that his family doesn't know what they're talking about...

People like that never cease to amaze...🙄

He wanted to switch. Don't think he will switch back. He wants to play WR.
We should’ve had an understanding of what he wanted to do when we were recruiting. According to V13, it’s what he and his father said he always wanted to do. Yet, we recruited him as a quarterback in spite of that. We evaluated poorly annd didn’t listen to him, and there’s a price for that.

I don't know for sure but I believe McCulley realized his most direct path to the NFL was via WR. He has the body and athleticism, he just needs to develop ball skills and his route-running. Highly doubtful he will play QB again if this assessment is correct.

As to Dexter, I suspected compound fracture too actually. The TV not showing it at all was a pretty big clue. They show nasty joint bends usually so...I haven't said anything because people get mad at you. It's a gruesome injury but the prognosis can be good as long as there aren't any complications.

Last edited:

He's decided that He knows what the player Really thinks and that his family doesn't know what they're talking about...

What are talking about? I conceded and said thank you for providing the correct info.

Still, none of it makes sense. He wasnt just some run of the mill QB recruit. Was he recruited by anyone to play WR? Had he ever played the position before? Very odd.

Reactions: kmathum

A lot of those on message boards.

What are talking about? I conceded and said thank you for providing the correct info.

Still, none of it makes sense. He wasnt just some run of the mill QB recruit. Was he recruited by anyone to play WR? Had he ever played the position before? Very odd.
He has a long way to go at WR. He could have easily jumped in front of the DB Saturday and fought for that ball and caught it for a TD. He allowed himself to get bodied.

i'd say goodbye. who's running the program? the coaches or the players? the tail shouldn't be wagging the dog.
Lol. And if he had a good year in 2023 somewhere else, you'd kill Allen for that too. Something along the lines of "who cares what position he wants to play, you don't let a kid that talented get away if you can do anything about it."

Or, even if you wouldn't, 8 other people on here would.

Dex is/was different from McCulley. McCulley was an athlete trying to run a P5 offense as quarterback. Dex was a quarterback, who happened to be very athletic.

I think we need to hit the transfer portal, and bring in 2 mobile quarterbacks.
Agreed. McCulley was tremendously over-rated. Omar Cooper made him as a HS QB. He was a complete project as a college QB. At no time last year did he show 25% of the potential of DWs. He completed 43% of his passes and averaged 2.1 ypc. Then he switches to WR and is a mediocre WR.

Agreed. McCulley was tremendously over-rated. Omar Cooper made him as a HS QB. He was a complete project as a college QB. At no time last year did he show 25% of the potential of DWs. He completed 43% of his passes and averaged 2.1 ypc. Then he switches to WR and is a mediocre WR.
Overrated? based off a 1/4 a season, as a true freshman, behind arguably the worst P5 o-line? I am not sure how anyone would even begin to know how he would do at QB this year based off that.

I am not sure that you understand that the athletes have all the power these days with transfer portal. If a coach tells you that you are going to play this position and the player does not like it he simply transfers out.
the portal goes both ways

i'd say goodbye. who's running the program? the coaches or the players? the tail shouldn't be wagging the dog.
Do you think he is the first guy in history that has requested a position change? He wanted to get on the field and he and the coaches believed that wide receiver was his best way of getting on the field and possibly helping the team. I assume it was a mutual agreement.

He is in his first year as a receiver. Maybe cut him slack and see if the receiver coach can coach him up. As far as receivers not getting separation the last one I can remember consistently getting separation was Mitchell Paige.

It's a good thing you aren't coaching today with that attitude. Even back in the 1990's I was aware what the players wanted when making decisions about moving players to a different position change or in approaches on what to do. Coaching in most situations was rarely a "my way or the highway", instead teamwork between players and coaches if you wanted to keep the team together. Now, just as roles are different on offense with the QB having a different job than a TE, the FB coach has a different role than the players.

He has a long way to go at WR. He could have easily jumped in front of the DB Saturday and fought for that ball and caught it for a TD. He allowed himself to get bodied.
The only thing he did was allow himself to get Held by the Jersey and the Ref either having completely missed it or completely Ignored it... It would have would have been a great catch while going to the ground if he did make it...

Working on learning how to break that hold before going to being pulled to the ground with a No Call is the key to his evolution as a WR...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT