ADVERTISEMENT

Are you pulling for the B10 @ the (other) final 4

Actually, Clark’s personality is hard to take, especially in B10 games, but her play in ncaa has been more tolerable IMO.
I am definetely pulling for them. I was glad they beat Lsu and that waky coach and reece.
And I’d be glad to see someone other than Ucon and s. Carolina win the natty!

Reactions: From the Balcony
Actually, Clark’s personality is hard to take, especially in B10 games, but her play in ncaa has been more tolerable IMO.
I am definetely pulling for them. I was glad they beat Lsu and that waky coach and reece.
And I’d be glad to see someone other than Ucon and s. Carolina win the natty!
^^^
My sentiments exactly. I dislike Clark and Bluder, but I hate everyone else in the tourney, and was actively rooting for them against LSU.

... so Hook 'Em Hawks!! (it worked for Texas back in the day)

Yes, I am rooting for Iowa.

Damn near 4000 points, I'd like to see her go out a champion.

Reactions: All4You
With Ashley Williams now at NC State after a couple years as an assistant at IU they have a reason to cheer for vs USC. As unlikeable as Clark can be, Bueckers is that likeable as a player (ans they have 2 kids from Indiana on the roster) so really hoping for a UCONN NC State final.

And yea, aa IUINSB said, LSU was the only one on par with Iowa as far as unlikability of best player and coach

Clark will end up on Dateline some day on an episode of deadly wives when she kills McCaffery’s kid in a fit of rage.
Something not right with her. Volatile and unpredictable but a helluva a player.
All I know is that I’ve had a couple of people (one in his mid 80s, the other early 20s) mention how they are fans and how unbelievable they think she is. These are not (men’s) CBB fans, BTW.

Pulling for the Iowa ladies.

Clark is annoying as hell but a generational player

Stuelke is what you want in a center, really like her

Marshall is tough and a cutie

Bluder looks like the Lunch Lady

Edit: And obviously pulling for the Sycamores tonight

Go trees!!

Last edited:
All I know is that I’ve had a couple of people (one in his mid 80s, the other early 20s) mention how they are fans and how unbelievable they think she is. These are not (men’s) CBB fans, BTW.
Her oncourt antics do make her unlikeable, but she is amazing and fun to watch, based on her play. I think this year she's gotten much better at driving and scoring or finding teammates. I hear people say she'll struggle in the WNBA, but while she may not score at the same clip, I think she'll still be a helluva player there too. She plays with such great pace and her stamina is amazing and doesn't get enough credit. The female equivalent of Steph Curry or Pistol Pete.

But, do I cheer for them? Seems to depend on the opponent. I was glad to see them beat LSU, but I'll probably be cheering for UCONN, and for Iowa vs USC and against vs NC St. I'd definitely be cheering for them if it weren't for their coach and CC's antics away from her play. I do think they are a better and more well-rounded team.

It's sad that sports and practically everything thing these days has to be that way but no way in my right mind could I root for Iowa because of Clark and her whinny ass ways I don't care how good she is.

Reactions: IUgradman
Have to go with my hometown school: UConn and UConn. The state of Connecticut has mediocre high school programs in every sport. With mostly out of state players, the Huskies won their first women’s championship in 1995. The men won their first championship in 1999.

The women’s team has now won 12 national championships, and the men’s team is tied with Indiana with five national championships. That will probably change next week.

Maybe the Hoosiers have a little too much emphasis on homegrown talent and coaches.

Reactions: IUgradman
Her oncourt antics do make her unlikeable, but she is amazing and fun to watch, based on her play. I think this year she's gotten much better at driving and scoring or finding teammates. I hear people say she'll struggle in the WNBA, but while she may not score at the same clip, I think she'll still be a helluva player there too. She plays with such great pace and her stamina is amazing and doesn't get enough credit. The female equivalent of Steph Curry or Pistol Pete.

But, do I cheer for them? Seems to depend on the opponent. I was glad to see them beat LSU, but I'll probably be cheering for UCONN, and for Iowa vs USC and against vs NC St. I'd definitely be cheering for them if it weren't for their coach and CC's antics away from her play. I do think they are a better and more well-rounded team.
I thought it interesting that the 2 people I mentioned are multiple generations apart. The young guy doesn’t care at all about “antics”, trash talking etc. you are either good or you aren’t. The older gent is the complete opposite, and is disillusioned with pro sports, or really any sort of trash talking, trying to rev up the crowd, etc.

Yes, rooting for Iowa in women's side, and any of the non-big ten teams on the men's side.

I don't think I'll be able to handle watching the NC state game, since I think they'll be blown out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT