ADVERTISEMENT

Are we back or not?!? How the hell does IU lose to Penn State in hoops…

Want to really be depressed? This is Shrewsberry's 2nd year at PSU. Same number of years Woodson has had.

You think Shrews started with more talent than Woody?

He's headed to Georgetown

We are Indiana for gods sake. How in the hell does this team lose to Penn State in basketball? Blue bloods don’t lose games like this. Duke doesn’t lose games like this. Kansas doesn’t lose games like this.

Now we have to watch a Purdue team picked to finish at the bottom of the league win another trophy while our best team in a decade won’t win a damn thing. 4/5 seed on its way and committee will probably throw us in Orlando and then the Kansas regional.

Just so sick of watching IU basketball shit the bed in March. I’m almost 40 and haven’t seen us win a damn thing. Ever!

Heading back to the beach bar… but taking off the striped swim suit first. Embarrassing today. And what the hell do we have to look forward to next year?
Go 2/14 from 3. That will do it every time…

IU has nobody other than Trace who is a consistent scoring threat in every single game. It needs guards like that. Guards aren’t reliable enough. Maybe X was the missing piece? IU needs to get guys like Murray from Iowa or PSU’s Pickett.
An every game outside scoring producer. Not there.

What are your expectations for Woody? Is a 5 seed good enough? He’s not going to be better than that next year. So cut ties now? Is this the best we’ll be with him running the show?
People forget that IU announced itself as an academic institution over putting too much emphasis on athletics. The time IU had sustained success in basketball ended when our HOF coach was fired over his bullying practices, literally and figuratively. I think the IU administration is content to let the chips falls where gravity finds them landed. What it is, isn't going to change. Wash, rinse, spin, wash, rinse, spin, ad infinitum in terms of household chores.

IU thought they were doing us a favor in hiring a beloved former player after an "outsider" with even less personality. Juwan Howard had initial success at Michigan and now it's become the "in" thing to hire former pro alums to guide the great ones into The League. What we're seeing now is that being a former player doesn't necessarily translate over to the ability to motivate others and coach X's and O's. I think the pinnacle of Woodson's success as an IU coach is probably in the Now as it relates to the continuum of time.

I was talking with an old friend of mine after the game last night and he commented that we probably won't experience another NCCA Championship in our lifetimes. I sobered up in contemplation of the thought. We're both 72, as it stands Now. We've witnessed the hoisting of three banners so I guess we should be content with living in the past, for its the past that illuminates the way when the future doesn't look so bright.

Reactions: DANC
Inconsistant all you need to say about ths team. No one to rely on for outside shooting. TRACE goes against 3 defenders and turns it over. Hey bud, That means 2 player s are open...PASS IT! On second thought , Go ahead and shoot..it will be a turn over anyway. PATHETIC gaurd play. Jalen, sorry is not NBA material, yet. His passing is misserable. Out of bounds plays are terrible. Who the hell draws them up? They need replaced!. No screens on the press! The press should be the easiest way to score, but the have NO CLUE about press breaking. It really isn't that hard to figure out. As a coach, I loved when teams pressed, we scored a lot of easy shots. Everyone stands on the perimeter and never slides to a passing lane, rather, they stand and hide behind a defender not making themselves available. The team is either very weak minded or they have very little heart. No mental toughness...they just melt. I can't watch them anymore. They don't deserve my time.
They need to watch some film of the lady Hoosiers to learn how to break a press

Reactions: Wiedersehen
It is a challenging day to be a Hoosier fan posting on a fan forum while trying to keep it upbeat; given the Hoosiers are poised for a good NCAA tourney seed for the first time in a long while and yet they were swept by Northwestern, Iowa, and Penn State. The current trend of this team is win one lose one. I predict a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA's with an opening game win and then another dud against the (4 or 5) and out. Certainly hope I'm wrong and the Hoosiers make a great run in the tourney but this particular team just doesn't seem to have the "want to at all cost" mentality needed for all 40 minutes. Lastly, I'm over 60 and I've been supporting all things IU for years. I have to say this is the most fun I've had watching IU during basketball season in a long time. Trayce will always be one of my all time favorite IU basketball players.

Reactions: BigMobe
In IU's defense, PSU is coached by Micah Shrewsbury. He was a damned good defensive coach in the pro's. There is nothing that Woody can draw up that Shrew hasn't seen before. No magic plays. Shrews also knows how to level the court when the other guys (IU in this case) have superior talent. It came down to execution and it was just PSU's day.
You said it, Woodson got outcoached. Again.

Woodson was a far superior defensive coach in the NBA.
Woodson is a very subpar game day coach. He looks lost. His teams often looks lost. No adjustments.

Why didn't he press sooner. Where has that trap been utilizing Trayce?

i will take our two seasons and coach over theirs.

The year before both coaches came on board they had identical big ten records. Since they got here Woody has the better record.
It's PSU!!! Not asking that Woodson get fired but he is a very mediocre coach. The PSU coach has done more with far less is the point, an accurate point.

People forget that IU announced itself as an academic institution over putting too much emphasis on athletics. The time IU had sustained success in basketball ended when our HOF coach was fired over his bullying practices, literally and figuratively. I think the IU administration is content to let the chips falls where gravity finds them landed. What it is, isn't going to change. Wash, rinse, spin, wash, rinse, spin, ad infinitum in terms of household chores.

IU thought they were doing us a favor in hiring a beloved former player after an "outsider" with even less personality. Juwan Howard had initial success at Michigan and now it's become the "in" thing to hire former pro alums to guide the great ones into The League. What we're seeing now is that being a former player doesn't necessarily translate over to the ability to motivate others and coach X's and O's. I think the pinnacle of Woodson's success as an IU coach is probably in the Now as it relates to the continuum of time.

I was talking with an old friend of mine after the game last night and he commented that we probably won't experience another NCCA Championship in our lifetimes. I sobered up in contemplation of the thought. We're both 72, as it stands Now. We've witnessed the hoisting of three banners so I guess we should be content with living in the past, for its the past that illuminates the way when the future doesn't look so bright.
The young guys on here (I’m not one of them) but the enthusiastic bunch in their 30s…….they won’t see a title in their lifetime. That’s another 40-50 years of this.

We are Indiana for gods sake. How in the hell does this team lose to Penn State in basketball? Blue bloods don’t lose games like this. Duke doesn’t lose games like this. Kansas doesn’t lose games like this.

Now we have to watch a Purdue team picked to finish at the bottom of the league win another trophy while our best team in a decade won’t win a damn thing. 4/5 seed on its way and committee will probably throw us in Orlando and then the Kansas regional.

Just so sick of watching IU basketball shit the bed in March. I’m almost 40 and haven’t seen us win a damn thing. Ever!

Heading back to the beach bar… but taking off the striped swim suit first. Embarrassing today. And what the hell do we have to look forward to next year?
Are you kidding me? Last year IU had to get into the dance via a dance in. This year IU climbed up to a 4seed and got a GOOD draw. You should be happy.

Reactions: DANC and Beorik

Hopefully we will be treated to something besides a negative Nancy.

Do you feel better now that Duke, Kansas and Purdue were steamrolled this past week?

Are you kidding me? Last year IU had to get into the dance via a dance in. This year IU climbed up to a 4seed and got a GOOD draw. You should be happy.

Happy?!? What’s their to be happy about? We haven’t been to the sweet 16 in what feels like forever and haven’t sniffed the final four in decades.

And next year? Certainly ain’t excited for what’s likely to be a disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT