ADVERTISEMENT

Are we back or not?!? How the hell does IU lose to Penn State in hoops…

Are we talking about the same OSU team that had a losing record this year? And if I’m mistaken, didn’t an IU player win freshman of the year?

God damn the overreactions to losses bring out the absolute worst in people.
Haha!! You didn’t pay attention as to how the tourney went, did you. OSU will be a B1G favorite to win it next year. Holtmann changed the lineup and started 4 freshmen and they went 6-1 to close out. Their young talent is good.

What are your expectations for Woody? Is a 5 seed good enough? He’s not going to be better than that next year. So cut ties now? Is this the best we’ll be with him running the show?
Are you drinking Everclear? Absinthe? Cut ties with a guy who inherited a team that missed 4 straight tourneys who has exponentially improved in both years? Why don’t we at least wait until next year plays out before jumping off the ledge.

What are your expectations for Woody? Is a 5 seed good enough? He’s not going to be better than that next year. So cut ties now? Is this the best we’ll be with him running the show?
He’s got another couple seasons at least.

In IU's defense, PSU is coached by Micah Shrewsbury. He was a damned good defensive coach in the pro's. There is nothing that Woody can draw up that Shrew hasn't seen before. No magic plays. Shrews also knows how to level the court when the other guys (IU in this case) have superior talent. It came down to execution and it was just PSU's day.
So sick of all these excuses. When is going to be our day.

Buying it back to competitive is the only path now and Woody is the best coach for that.
He openly admitted he begged a kid to stay at IU this year. Knees pads. Cash.

Next year’s roster will be money. Literally. Even more than this year.
We will be fine.

I dont know how many of these posts are alcohol fueled but the expectations are not in sync with where IU has been.

Earlier in the season they were 1-4 in conference play. We are 2 years out of the awful CAM years. Prior to that, Crean rebuilt the program that was in ashes due to one KS. It’s been since since 2002 that IU was relevant in late March…but you know this. Have another drink but put the keyboard down.

IU has alot of work to do before they are anywhere close to the expectations that you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
If top 20 is the best he’s got? Yes. We aren’t here for top 20 finishes. That’s certainly not my expectation
Are you saying you are attending Indiana University as a student because you thought the basketball team was better than it is?

New rules: No more saying, we’re back, are we back, or any variation of the same. EVER. Under any circumstances. Let’s make it a bannable offense.

Reactions: IUgradman
We are Indiana for gods sake. How in the hell does this team lose to Penn State in basketball? Blue bloods don’t lose games like this. Duke doesn’t lose games like this. Kansas doesn’t lose games like this.

Now we have to watch a Purdue team picked to finish at the bottom of the league win another trophy while our best team in a decade won’t win a damn thing. 4/5 seed on its way and committee will probably throw us in Orlando and then the Kansas regional.

Just so sick of watching IU basketball shit the bed in March. I’m almost 40 and haven’t seen us win a damn thing. Ever!

Heading back to the beach bar… but taking off the striped swim suit first. Embarrassing today. And what the hell do we have to look forward to next year?
You think it is bad, just think that I live in Penn State Country and people at my church and community know I am a big IU fan. It is gonna be rough tomorrow.

Reactions: Wiedersehen
In IU's defense, PSU is coached by Micah Shrewsbury. He was a damned good defensive coach in the pro's. There is nothing that Woody can draw up that Shrew hasn't seen before. No magic plays. Shrews also knows how to level the court when the other guys (IU in this case) have superior talent. It came down to execution and it was just PSU's day.
Penn state was .500 in the big ten so 10 times somebody fugured out a way to beat the defensive genius micah. If they are so great why did they lose 10 games?

Penn state was .500 in the big ten so 10 times somebody figured out a way to beat the defensive genius Micah. If they are so great why did they lose 10 games?
The deal with Penn State is the 3-pt shot. If it's falling, they are really tough to beat. If not, they have no inside game. I still think they are a good defensive team. Their ability to win rests almost completely on their long shooting. They will hold your scoring down regardless.

The deal with Penn State is the 3-pt shot. If it's falling, they are really tough to beat. If not, they have no inside game. I still think they are a good defensive team. Their ability to win rests almost completely on their long shooting. They will hold your scoring down regardless.
Their three is always falling vs iu it appears . Watch them hit like 10% vs purdue.

We are Indiana for gods sake. How in the hell does this team lose to Penn State in basketball? Blue bloods don’t lose games like this. Duke doesn’t lose games like this. Kansas doesn’t lose games like this.

Now we have to watch a Purdue team picked to finish at the bottom of the league win another trophy while our best team in a decade won’t win a damn thing. 4/5 seed on its way and committee will probably throw us in Orlando and then the Kansas regional.

Just so sick of watching IU basketball shit the bed in March. I’m almost 40 and haven’t seen us win a damn thing. Ever!

Heading back to the beach bar… but taking off the striped swim suit first. Embarrassing today. And what the hell do we have to look forward to next year?
Want to really be depressed? This is Shrewsberry's 2nd year at PSU. Same number of years Woodson has had.

You think Shrews started with more talent than Woody?

Yet they had no trouble driving in, stopping, and hitting a step-back shot against us.

Reactions: Zeester
Want to really be depressed? This is Shrewsberry's 2nd year at PSU. Same number of years Woodson has had.

And we finished ahead of them both years in the Big Ten.

My point is Shrewsberry does a lot more with his talent than Woody does and beats the other 2nd year coach in the league.

It's not hard to figure out.
i will take our two seasons and coach over theirs.

The year before both coaches came on board they had identical big ten records. Since they got here Woody has the better record.

I think I heard the announcers say today that Penn State has three starters this year that came through the portal last year. That is talent that he found. Not that he completely developed.

And speaking of talent let's recall that Trayce was second team all big 10 last year. And now he's in consideration for best player in the country. That's because Woody developed him as he said that he would when he convinced him to stay at Indiana.

Besides Trayce the two players that have the highest upside on the team are the two freshmen who are high school teammates.

I’d say it’s distinctly possible that this season is the high water mark in Woody’s tenure. He will get all the time he wants to build, and clearly this current roster has some holes. But we will all see what Woody gets done

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT