ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently Dick Cheney is voting for Harris?

We hate progressive policies. The piggy comments are why he’s guaranteed to lose. Incredibly stupid. Then add in Vance and cat women and forget it. Zero common sense. Zero
I truly understand and I agree with you at so many levels. There are good policies and there are bad policies. Trump
Scares the shit out of me

eeeeeh I'd have to swamp Bush (without Cheney in his sphere) and Obama out on that list (in hindsight).
That old crowd would get slaughtered in a national election today. 04 is that the last time they won? With how far left the country has moved, social media, could you imagine Cheney Halliburton and the war complex shit. Mercy. We’re into tampons and trannies and hate guns

Trump is an angel compared to that rotten evil old prick. You know there was self-dealing war profiting. Horrible people.

Always wonder how Daddy Bush felt about his Son following the neo con advice of Dick Cheney when it came to the invasions following 9/11.

Invasions, by the way, which had huge approval ratings before things didn't quite go as planned.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
And snarl there is no family in politics more disgusting than the cheney family. There will be a spot in hell for them. Give me trump as king before we have another old man Cheney

No surprise that you and snarl were Democrats. You all repeat the progressive talking points of the 2000s without missing a beat

Always wonder how Daddy Bush felt about his Son following the neo con advice of Dick Cheney when it came to the invasions following 9/11.

Invasions, by the way, which had huge approval ratings before things didn't quite go as planned.
Before social media ubiquitous news too

I know. Just interesting how many Democrat voters of 20 years ago are now all voting Trump, while a lot of the suburban voters (particularly women) that were the Bush era base have gone Democrat.
I was fightin big tobacco. Fightin ford. Fightin big sugar. Fightin hospitals. Looking for crazed. I know very interesting for sure. And I think your categorization is spot on.

Love the rumspringa part. 😂 Lots of Amish relatives but raised mostly conservative Mennonite. Your version is better than the real version. 😂

BTW shot 74 today and made your hourly rate for the 3 1/2 hours of golf so I had a good day. Got to experience my new 2025 Denali Truck hauling my tired ass from Evansville to Springville. Relaxing drive when you don’t have to drive.

Semi retirement is good.
Hit ‘em with your wallet. That’ll hurt ‘em.

My in-laws say they are way more busy in the time since they've been retired then they ever were working.
I can't say I'm AS busy, but with the grandkids and going to IU games and vacations, I keep as busy as I want to be.

Without grandkids, I'm pretty sure I'd be taking orders at McDonalds to fight off boredom.

Support for both wars waned when the US tried to nation build. What we needed to do is occupy those countries like we did Germany and Japan.

Instead, we tried to make each country in our own image. That has proven not to work so many times, and yet we still do it.

Daddy Bush did it right. Kick ass and get out of there. In Afghanistan's case, we should still be there with our foot on their necks until 3 generations have passed, at least.

We are way too sensitive of medieval civilizations that are out to destroy us.

Interesting. You wouldn't know it from your postings.
I’m a fiscal conservative and pretty middle of the road when it comes to social issues. As long as the freaks don’t trample on someone else’s rights (“women” with balls who want to win medals), I don’t really give a crap what most people do. My only truly anti Republican stances are with gun control (and really just AR’s) and I have a soft spot for illegal immigrants because I’ve had a lot of interaction with illegal Hispanics and absolutely love their attitudes and work ethics and the reasons they took the chance
To cross the border illegally)…. In saying that we need a border policy that is sensible but I can’t stand the hatred that Trump provokes toward people who have more melanin in their skin than he does. Trump is a truly detestable human being who makes my blood boil every time he speaks

I’m a fiscal conservative and pretty middle of the road when it comes to social issues. As long as the freaks don’t trample on someone else’s rights (“women” with balls who want to win medals), I don’t really give a crap what most people do. My only truly anti Republican stances are with gun control (and really just AR’s) and I have a soft spot for illegal immigrants because I’ve had a lot of interaction with illegal Hispanics and absolutely love their attitudes and work ethics and the reasons they took the chance
To cross the border illegally)…. In saying that we need a border policy that is sensible but I can’t stand the hatred that Trump provokes toward people who have more melanin in their skin than he does. Trump is a truly detestable human being who makes my blood boil every time he speaks
You've been brainwashed if you think Trump is against illegal immigration because of skin color.

You've bought it bad.

Makes it easier demonize them because they look like scary dark people. And get this, they don’t even speak American
So you are saying that there is an organized plan, to have only dark skinned people, break into our country, just so it will make Trump look racist. Damn, never would have thought of that one.

• Haha
Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
Support for both wars waned when the US tried to nation build. What we needed to do is occupy those countries like we did Germany and Japan.

Instead, we tried to make each country in our own image. That has proven not to work so many times, and yet we still do it.

Daddy Bush did it right. Kick ass and get out of there. In Afghanistan's case, we should still be there with our foot on their necks until 3 generations have passed, at least.

We are way too sensitive of medieval civilizations that are out to destroy us.

My Brother served in the U.S. occupation forces of Japan for three years of the seven following the end of WWll. He was the Provost Marshall for the city of Osaka.

His Wife and three children took over the large mansion of a rich Japanese plant owner. The plant owner was forced to move into the servant's quarters. Interestingly the owner often reversed roles with my Brother and had elaborate dinner parties for him and his Wife at the servant's quarters.

My Brother had nothing but the utmost respect for the Japanese and the way they adjusted to the occupation.

DANC, check out this article about the occupation which confirms much of what my Brother told me.

Last edited:
My Brother served in the U.S. occupation forces of Japan for three years of the seven following the end of WWll. He was the Provost Marshall for the city of Osaka.

His Wife and three children took over the large mansion of a rich Japanese plant owner. The plant owner was forced to move into the servant's quarters. Interestingly the owner often reversed roles with my Brother and had elaborate dinner parties for him and his Wife at the servant's quarters.

My Brother had nothing but the utmost respect for the Japanese and the way they adjusted to the occupation.

DANC, check out this article about the occupation which confirms much of what my Brother told me.

The Japanese were just thankful they weren't slaughtered by American troops, as they had done other countries. And they did whatever the Emperor told them to do, which was to cooperate with Americans.

When we go to war with other countries, we need to act like benevolent conquerors, instead of being sensitive to their 'civilization'.

Post war, American servicemen lived like kings in Japan and Germany.

The Japanese were just thankful they weren't slaughtered by American troops, as they had done other countries. And they did whatever the Emperor told them to do, which was to cooperate with Americans.

When we go to war with other countries, we need to act like benevolent conquerors, instead of being sensitive to their 'civilization'.

Post war, American servicemen lived like kings in Japan and Germany.

DANC, apologize for screwing up my earlier post.

Have edited it and added the link which coincides with my Brother's experience during the occupation

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT