ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else fucking despise the way we play basketball?

7126wv-1N4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Problem is IU has played the bottom feeders of the big ten during this 5 game win streak. The ass kicking tonight is the norm when they play good teams. The 5 game winning streak was fools gold and just enough for Woodson to get year 4.

I watched some of the first half. We were up 17-15 then one of the teams started hitting threes.
Then all of a sudden we are down 59-29.

Reactions: Seyton
I’ve been complaining about it since early in his first year.

Trying to be more positive lately.

Hard to have optimism right now. This is not a good look. You can visually see and feel how ill prepared we are…for stuff that we would have known was likely coming.
.. it's finally over, his getting tossed is just icing on the top. i'm no lawyer, but this non-recruiting thing for a head basketball coach that makes 4M might be construed by some as "failure to perform" contractually. He's dabbling in "with cause" territory if true.

Problem is IU has played the bottom feeders of the big ten during this 5 game win streak. The ass kicking tonight is the norm when they play good teams. The 5 game winning streak was fools gold and just enough for Woodson to get year 4.
Which is why a good amount of us was wanting to lose out so the sheep would understand in the long run it would be better for IU.

Which is why a good amount of us was wanting to lose out so the sheep would understand in the long run it would be better for IU.
he ain't gettin a year 4 after that display, no way, no how. it was exactly as fish described "disoriented", they don't have any contingency plan when their wimp/finesse attempts at bully ball don't work ... IU NEVER played this way, they are trying to beat Purdue at Purdue's game. That's why Purdue is Purdue, bad idea. That's why we see the cheap fouls, X's erotic defensive tactics, they can't compete, poorly coached unbalanced team

IU can defend retaining him....Behind closed doors, the argument is that so many high level programs are replacing their coach...that there really isn't a desirable replacement available. And in IU's case, that might be true. It would take a generational and monumental hire to wake this elephant up from its coma.

The only bright spot is Ware's stock dropping tonight to maybe give us hope for another year.
Ware's gone, 1 game isn't going to drop his stock. I think MM will be too, although he and MR would give you something to build around. A shame LM left, because those guys with TG would've actually been a good core to build around and we'd need so much less in the portal. A solid PG who can knock down shots and then added shooter and depth and if you could get them to defend, you could have a pretty good team and start the transition to more modern bball. Instead, we're going to have to blow it up and rebuild... again! Maybe I can actually watch Purdue next year after Edey is gone.

Reactions: dr.jb
Ware's gone, 1 game isn't going to drop his stock. I think MM will be too, although he and MR would give you something to build around. A shame LM left, because those guys with TG would've actually been a good core to build around and we'd need so much less in the portal. A solid PG who can knock down shots and then added shooter and depth and if you could get them to defend, you could have a pretty good team and start the transition to more modern bball. Instead, we're going to have to blow it up and rebuild... again! Maybe I can actually watch Purdue next year after Edey is gone.
true

but if you don't have the ability (coaching) to organize the pieces in a coherent fashion

you end up with a glorified, high paid intramural team

and you continue to get blown out playing teams that do

true

but if you don't have the ability (coaching) to organize the pieces in a coherent fashion

you end up with a glorified, high paid intramural team

and you continue to get blown out playing teams that do
yep, bball purgatory again. I don't think CMW is the guy to get it done, but I also can't bring myself to root for us to lose. So if he's back, I want to see him make a shift and get it going. Sometimes I can convince myself I could win the lottery too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT