ADVERTISEMENT

Any pet owners?

I love this stuff..... The Ryder Cup is my favorite golf event, but I just love team or match play events.

And you can tell the guys love it too...
Serious question...

Are you pro-Watson or anti-Watson?

I really want him to be The Guy, but it just seems like guys don't perform for him...

Seems to me like they should pair up again. Pairings do really matter in team golf. Guys can feed off each other. They seemed to really enjoy playing together, and that elevated their games.

Yeah, I think for the most part the teams will stay the same for tomorrow's four-ball (everyone plays their own ball; lowest score is used), with one of the pairs sitting out tomorrow so that Haas & Kirk get out there.

Then for Saturday's matches you could see some switching up depending how things go. In my mind, if it's working, don't mess with it.

Serious question...

Are you pro-Watson or anti-Watson?

I really want him to be The Guy, but it just seems like guys don't perform for him...

The guys didn't respond to him last Ryder Cup. He's not the captain for this Presidents Cup (assuming you know that). It's Jay Haas, Bill's dad.

Davis Love III has the Ryder Cup next year. After him, it'll probably be Steve Stricker or Phil.

But Watson has always seemed like a class guy... But I think he pissed the players off by not listening to them. Phil especially... Which is why they created the "task force".

I was surprised they didn't go back to Azinger.

The guys didn't respond to him last Ryder Cup. He's not the captain for this Presidents Cup (assuming you know that). It's Jay Haas, Bill's dad.

Davis Love III has the Ryder Cup next year. After him, it'll probably be Steve Stricker or Phil.

But Watson has always seemed like a class guy... But I think he pissed the players off by not listening to them. Phil especially... Which is why they created the "task force".

I was surprised they didn't go back to Azinger.
Yes, yes, I know all that. But so long as Watson breathes, there is always this backchatter to bring him back. And he's one of my all-time favorites, and I know he won a Ryder like 150 years ago, but the last time around, the entire team fell flat, and reading between the lines, it seems like the guys blamed him a lot. But a lot of old school guys said the players were selfish and it wasn't Watson's fault. So, just asking...

Yes, yes, I know all that. But so long as Watson breathes, there is always this backchatter to bring him back. And he's one of my all-time favorites, and I know he won a Ryder like 150 years ago, but the last time around, the entire team fell flat, and reading between the lines, it seems like the guys blamed him a lot. But a lot of old school guys said the players were selfish and it wasn't Watson's fault. So, just asking...

I was watching some stuff today that seemed to indicate that Tom didn't really "fight back" when he was "thrown under the bus".

I think it's a case of the players frustrated from losing so much recently combined with them thinking they knew a better way to do things (and Tom played it more like "it's my way or the highway"/old school).

I was watching some stuff today that seemed to indicate that Tom didn't really "fight back" when he was "thrown under the bus".

I think it's a case of the players frustrated from losing so much recently combined with them thinking they knew a better way to do things (and Tom played it more like "it's my way or the highway"/old school).
LOL. I've never known you to be diplomatic, but you've done a good job of not answering the question in this thread.

"Pro- or anti-Watson?"

"Sure."

Reactions: C-$
Damn...tears...got that one checked off early today.
Right? This one...

robyn-arouty-dukey-2014-22.jpg

Tears....

Damn Goat....heck of a way to start of the day. Very moving indeed.

Are you watching the Presidents Cup?

Looks like I'll be able to go to bed in about a half hour.

Jesus dude do you ever not turn a thread into something about you or one of the 3 things you care about (yourself, vapid young girls and golf)?

Just trying to help you out.

Reactions: IU40IU
This is a pretty moving pictorial from some photog somewhere that came across my social media. Seriously, if you've ever owned a dog, this project will give you all the feels, as the kids say.

http://www.robynarouty.com/i-died-today/

Well that isn't how I planned to start the day. Very touching. I had to put my cat down last month due to a tumor that was growing in his lower jaw.

Fine on Thursday, diagnosed on Tuesday and laid to rest on Friday. Very very tough experience.

Damn, just looked at that before a meeting and had the feels. We have a dog that is definitely a big part of the family

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT