ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Syd?

UPDATE---in tonight's game vs. MD. Bargesser had 9 pts with a 3 pt basket and about 8 rebounds. She wanted to prove me wrong---good game!
She only had 2 rebounds, but 6 assists (led the team). 2 steals and only 1 turnover. Great game, for sure. That 3 she made was right in line with the camera. I don't know how she does it. It's like watching Charles Barkley swing a golf club. She later made a nice pull-up jumper from the free throw line. This will make other teams (and me) rethink how she should be guarded.

The Technical Foul on MD crushed MD's comeback. The 4 points IU scored off that was the deciding point of the game after IU's 23-point lead early in the 3rd was cut to 7 by early in the 4thQ.

Syd Watch: She only used one crutch bouncing through the handshake line, so we got that going for us.

UPDATE---in tonight's game vs. MD. Bargesser had 9 pts with a 3 pt basket and about 8 rebounds. She wanted to prove me wrong---good game!
And all of those point were in the first half!
Her three ball that went down had the same sideways form that she uses on her free throws.
BTW, I assume you are from or live in Goshen. If a DM is possible, send one. I am too.

And all of those point were in the first half!
Her three ball that went down had the same sideways form that she uses on her free throws.
BTW, I assume you are from or live in Goshen. If a DM is possible, send one. I am too.
As we all know, Bargesser is in the lineup to be a facilitator and also a defender which she is good at. She only had one FGA in the 2nd half of the Terps game which is okay with four shooters in the lineup. She was a former state high school track champion in Michigan and is considered the fastest/quickest player on IU's team. Whether the coaching staff is concerned with her shooting form, we don't know and no one on the staff has mentioned it, nor would they. We all have our opinions and that is what a forum is about, so I just wanted to get that out.

I'm not knocking anyone bringing up her shooting form and it's okay to discuss it, however, I just think we shouldn't get too hung up on it when it comes to Bargesser given her role on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott and muubell
As we all know, Bargesser is in the lineup to be a facilitator and also a defender which she is good at. She only had one FGA in the 2nd half of the Terps game which is okay with four shooters in the lineup. She was a former state high school track champion in Michigan and is considered the fastest/quickest player on IU's team. Whether the coaching staff is concerned with her shooting form, we don't know and no one on the staff has mentioned it, nor would they. We all have our opinions and that is what a forum is about, so I just wanted to get that out.

I'm not knocking anyone bringing up her shooting form and it's okay to discuss it, however, I just think we shouldn't get too hung up on it when it comes to Bargesser given her role on the team.
In Indiana, if you don’t have a pure shooting form people are going to notice and comment on it. Settle down…

In Indiana, if you don’t have a pure shooting form people are going to notice and comment on it. Settle down…
He wasn't ugly or sarcastic, just stating that her role isn't to shoot. Even in a more offensive minded period, there are still plenty of roles for folks that don't shoot, like TJD on the Warriors for instance. She doesn't need to have a pretty shot to contribute or even score (take note CJ!).

I didn't watch yesterday, but what happened to the ladies in Columbus? Curious did they press us again and did it give us trouble?

I didn't watch yesterday, but what happened to the ladies in Columbus? Curious did they press us again and did it give us trouble?
23 turnovers with OSU getting 21 points off of them. And they weren't all due to the OSU press.

• Wow
Reactions: kkott
Yes. Very frustrating how consistently we fail against the press. It seems as if this should be correctable

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT