ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance we pick up a HS recruit?

NoVertical

Senior
Nov 29, 2003
Looking through the 150 and noticed that the Powell kid from OH still has an IU offer. Was it taken off the table?

I thought he verballed somewhere a long while ago. Can't recall where, maybe a state school- OU, Dayton, Cincy?

To answer the OP though, it seems to me high school kids will mostly start going to mid majors to try to prove their value. Colleges can either make these kids pay their own way, or simply not allow credits to transfer. Somehow they need to stop the exodus of talent out of the smaller conferences....and even the larger ones. Just put a stop to it.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
The choice is the career development of one high school kid or plugging in five fifth-year seniors in five consecutive seasons.

Sisley looks like his best bet, but think he’s behind in recruiting…wish he could get more kids from Indiana and have them stick around (Leal, Galloway) but in todays world of portals and transfers, ya take the 4 yr players when you can get them and hope they stick around (Cupps)

The choice is the career development of one high school kid or plugging in five fifth-year seniors in five consecutive seasons.
It's massively disrupting to academics to transfer 2 or 3 times. Sort if makes a joke out of college athletics and I'd think colleges would want to stop the embarrassment there.
Pretty soon, playing for Harvard or Yale is just an audition for the big conferences to see you "showcase". Big waste of scholarship if you ask me. We need 2 year contracts in college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT