ADVERTISEMENT

Antoine Davis

Congrats to Antoine, the son of former IU Coach Mike Davis, for becoming the second all team leading scorer in the history of Division I basketball. The irony is that Mike was not a great scorer but an all SEC conference defensive player at Alabama.
Really isn’t worth talking about. He’s done nothing for his team - zero NCAAs zero NITs……

Wow - are you related to him? Take it easy man. I didn’t really start posting until this past year. I just don’t think it’s newsworthy for our board. He’s an individual record setter on a historically terrible team in a lower level conference.

And the son of a former IU coach. Therefore its relevant
A coach I wanted to keep - which may or may not have been a good move. I know who he is. His son is a gunner - just starting to get more efficient. Still won’t have any post season stats - except that bs tournament they played in and lost to FGC one year.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Wow - are you related to him? Take it easy man. I didn’t really start posting until this past year. I just don’t think it’s newsworthy for our board. He’s an individual record setter on a historically terrible team in a lower level conference.
I think you were responding to me, maybe"?
What Antoine has done, can't be described as anything other than amazing. What, ONE other person in history has been able to be better? Super pumped for the boy, those are some pretty big freaking shoes that "you " already filled! MAjor props.

Now that I have your attention, why don't you post more? It's pretty obvious that you understand greatness.
Have you thought about the speeding ticket that X got last year and how that relates to winning basketball?
(I'm dying laughing here, just trying to instigate you to post more).

I think you were responding to me, maybe"?
What Antoine has done, can't be described as anything other than amazing. What, ONE other person in history has been able to be better? Super pumped for the boy, those are some pretty big freaking shoes that "you " already filled! MAjor props.

Now that I have your attention, why don't you post more? It's pretty obvious that you understand greatness.
Have you thought about the speeding ticket that X got last year and how that relates to winning basketball?
(I'm dying laughing here, just trying to instigate you to post more).
Oh I enjoy it - the instigating. It’s fun to manipulate certain posters into ranting. Ive stayed away from that but perhaps it’s too entertaining to ignore. By the way there is a long list of record holders in sports that amounted to nothing. The jury is still out on this kid but I certainly hope he makes millions and breaks every NBA record there is. I’d never deny or root against anybody to go as far as they can go - and maybe he will play on a winning team.

Oh I enjoy it - the instigating. It’s fun to manipulate certain posters into ranting. Ive stayed away from that but perhaps it’s too entertaining to ignore. By the way there is a long list of record holders in sports that amounted to nothing. The jury is still out on this kid but I certainly hope he makes millions and breaks every NBA record there is. I’d never deny or root against anybody to go as far as they can go - and maybe he will play on a winning team.
I doubt he every plays in the league, but obviously he is used to rejection and has played wonderfully through it!
I recall SEVERAL posters here hoping that he would be a hoosier.
NOW, post more. You are a "keeper". post more !

I doubt he every plays in the league, but obviously he is used to rejection and has played wonderfully through it!
I recall SEVERAL posters here hoping that he would be a hoosier.
NOW, post more. You are a "keeper". post more !
I will - in particular I’ll look for your posts. I finally found something to entertain myself on here for the next 10 1/2 years. For the record - I never thought we should recruit him and I’m glad we didn’t.

I will - in particular I’ll look for your posts. I finally found something to entertain myself on here for the next 10 1/2 years. For the record - I never thought we should recruit him and I’m glad we didn’t.
Freaking awesome. Please in gauge more, its obvious that you pay attention to the sport.
Don't pay attention to my post, I'm drunk and stupid. You actually have some good BBall vision. You should share that more!
Although we all are used to this type post being some passive aggressive BS. That isn't what I am doing, I swear. Post more please.
I'm not sure that Antoine would have been good to play here, but it would have made for one hell of a recruiting/ family story.
How many IU players have scored more points than him? :)

“In gauge” - lol….I revoke your IU degree or perhaps hopefully you don’t actually have one. I do think there is a difference between the conference he plays in and the conference IU plays in.

Congrats to AD. Certainly a great accomplishment. With that said, he has the ball and the greenlight every single possession without a worry of coach/dad to bust his ass. Same reason Damezi Anderson is contributing there. His practice isnt held against him. If Antoine was a Hoosier, I fear he would struggle getting 10/11ppg on this squad.

Reactions: Hoosiervannah
“In gauge” - lol….I revoke your IU degree or perhaps hopefully you don’t actually have one. I do think there is a difference between the conference he plays in and the conference IU plays in.
Touchee! Also why I was asking you to be more active as a poster.
Bring it man, we all love IU.

I would like to see what he could do here. Maybe not much, but I remember Davis saying he’d be thrilled if we recruited him. Guess majors didn’t, but what a volume scorer!

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I would like to see what he could do here. Maybe not much, but I remember Davis saying he’d be thrilled if we recruited him. Guess majors didn’t, but what a volume scorer!
That may be what I was "remembering". I recall talk of someone having a dream of Antoine being recruited here. I know there's been a few gallons of water flow under the bridge at this point, but I am not sure that we could have done worse than him being on the roster.

Do you want Poached eggs and toast for breakfast again?

So you are a schemer? I bet you sit in your ivory tower and make your plans. Maybe you are like one of those Bond villains. lol I too hope the best for Antoine. I remember him as a kid in Assembly Hall.

So you are a schemer? I bet you sit in your ivory tower and make your plans. Maybe you are like one of those Bond villains. lol I too hope the best for Antoine. I remember him as a kid in Assembly Hall.
You’re going to have to cut the sermon short today, pastor.. noon tipoffs are tough for churchgoers

A guy that Rotunda, in his infinite wisdom (senility), believes should still be our coach. That’s why he posted this.
First, I am not close to being senile. Second, I didn't want Davis fired in the first place since his specialty was coaching defense, because he was Bobby's main recruiter, because he got us to the championship game and kept us in the upper echelon of the Big Ten, and because he ran a scandal free program. To me, those were essential qualities on an IU coach. No, I doubt that he would still be at IU had he not been fired but I refuse to believe that he would have done worse than his successors. And what his son had done is certainly worthy of kudos. Now go find another old guy to insult or try to grow up.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
There’s a huge asterisk on that. He’s played 5 years. Maravich played 3.
and Pistol played without a 3 pt line or shot clock.

Pete's college scoring numbers are so ridiculous, it looks like stats from a video game.

With the 3pt line and shot clock he would have been a 50pt+/game scorer in his career. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
Really isn’t worth talking about. He’s done nothing for his team - zero NCAAs zero NITs……
What's TJD done for his team other than amass personal records? Being invited to a post season tournament doesn't mean diddly-squat until you make a deep run in it.
Ask Bob Knight what he's heard about that.

What's TJD done for his team other than amass personal records? Being invited to a post season tournament doesn't mean diddly-squat until you make a deep run in it.
I was regretting my initial post as stupid after some of the comments but yours takes the cake. TJD is a team guy not a gunner - big difference. Also I don’t have a way to contact Coach Knight.

I was regretting my initial post as stupid after some of the comments but yours takes the cake. TJD is a team guy not a gunner - big difference. Also I don’t have a way to contact Coach Knight.
All I'm saying is that as great as TJD is, he hasn't won anything for the team. It's been said here before by others. You were the one complaining about Antoine Davis doing the same..."Really isn’t worth talking about. He’s done nothing for his team - zero NCAAs zero NITs"……

So what you're saying is that TJD isn't worth talking about, either. I'm sorry you have to feel that way about Antoine and Trayce.

All I'm saying is that as great as TJD is, he hasn't won anything for the team. It's been said here before by others. You were the one complaining about Antoine Davis doing the same..."Really isn’t worth talking about. He’s done nothing for his team - zero NCAAs zero NITs"……

So what you're saying is that TJD isn't worth talking about, either. I'm sorry you have to feel that way about Antoine and Trayce.
Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said anything negative about Trayce in any post I’ve ever made. The fact is you said it - not me. I love that he’s stayed at IU. He’s done a lot for the team, recruiting and for me personally (as in enjoy watching him play). Antoine Davis hasn’t done anything for IU ever - there is a difference. To bring Trayce into the conversation is inappropriate and bizarre.

Last edited:
Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said anything negative about Trayce in any post I’ve ever made. The fact is you said it - not me. I love that he’s stayed at IU. He’s done a lot for the team, recruiting and for me personally (as in enjoy watching him play). Antoine Davis hasn’t done anything for IU ever - there is a difference. To bring Trayce into the conversation is inappropriate and bizarre.
Antoine Davis hasn't done anything for Detroit Mercy regarding post season success. Likewise, Trayce hasn't done anything for IU when it comes to post season success. I imagine they've both helped their respective schools in recruiting and fan satisfaction. My point is that if its fair to say Antoine hasn't done sh*t for Detroit Mercy, as you claim, because he's never been to the post season, then it stands to reason TJD hasn't either because he's never won anything of worth in the post season. It's time to put an end to this tit for tat.

Strangely enough you brought Trayce into this discussion. I love the guy and apparently you are disappointed in his efforts. I don't know what else to say except I guess Trayce will be gone soon and you won’t have to worry about him being on our team anymore. You can enjoy following Antoine’s record setting finish and his future pro career.

Strangely enough you brought Trayce into this discussion. I love the guy and apparently you are disappointed in his efforts. I don't know what else to say except I guess Trayce will be gone soon and you won’t have to worry about him being on our team anymore. You can enjoy following Antoine’s record setting finish and his future pro career.
I'm not disappointed in his individual performance. I am disappointed in that his talent, until proven otherwise, has been wasted on not having a good enough supporting cast, and/or coach to actually win something in a post season tournament, or at least make an impressive run. Maybe it will happen at the end of the this season. If it doesn't, maybe Trayce will come back next season, just to prove his team can, indeed, at least beat Rutgers once.

I'm not disappointed in his individual performance. I am disappointed in that his talent, until proven otherwise, has been wasted on not having a good enough supporting cast, and/or coach to actually win something in a post season tournament, or at least make an impressive run. Maybe it will happen at the end of the this season. If it doesn't, maybe Trayce will come back next season, just to prove his team can, indeed, at least beat Rutgers once.
I agree with you 100%. I think we are hoping for the same thing!

Reactions: abraxis
Probably won’t understand the irony

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT