ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Walker

C'mon. Plenty of new stuff to gripe about without recycling something from 6 months ago.
Hooky you elitist prick. Dont have to rub it in with your fancy-schmancy broadband.

Maybe he's still on dial-up. Finally getting the image/news now.

dial-up-modem.gif

2uy4tc760jiy.png

Last edited:
That’s not what will be asked of him. He won’t be featured on offense. He will play but not more than 16 min a game. Defense and rebounds in a bench role. That’s who he is.
That is what he was last year, I believe he came to IU because Woody showed him how he would be used here. He won’t be featured on offense, but he will be a part of the offense.
His soph year he was a large part of Miami’s offense - so he has skills

IU has three (now two) scholarships available, which are precious. There are hundreds of guys in the portal, and Woody offers Walker a scholarship? Seems like settling to me. Then again, it's impossible to say until the ball is tlpped in November.

Why did we get beat last year in the tournament?

Because we showed that we were not as athletic and were just plain slower than the other team.

This kid was on that other team and helps fix that problem.

If he can get back so his sophomore year form, we've really got something. If he gives us last year's production, then we get a contributer off a final four team.

Last edited:

Because we showed that we were not as athletic and were just plain slower than the other team.

If he can get back so his sophomore year form, we've really got something. If he gives us last year's production, then we get a contributer off a final four team.
Walker’s role was significantly changed when Larranage brought in Jordan Miller. Miami went away from the traditional 2 forward lineup and went 1 in/4 out with Walker being the odd man out.

He’s not going to put up All-B10 numbers so if that is the barometer for success with any and all transfers many are going to be disappointed. Walker is the ultimate roster construction piece and fills a defensive role we lacked last session. Luckily there are 2 scholarships remaining for some of the more talented players IU is targeting.

Walker’s role was significantly changed when Larranage brought in Jordan Miller. Miami went away from the traditional 2 forward lineup and went 1 in/4 out with Walker being the odd man out.

He’s not going to put up All-B10 numbers so if that is the barometer for success with any and all transfers many are going to be disappointed. Walker is the ultimate roster construction piece and fills a defensive role we lacked last session. Luckily there are 2 scholarships remaining for some of the more talented players IU is targeting.

Agreed 100%

We needed another big. We couldn't go into the season with Sparks, Ware and Malik as our only three because one injury to them and we would have been screwed. Banks' skill set is more a big wing in my eyes, so that will allow him to spend more time there.

If we were tight on scholarships, I could see why people would be up in arms, but this makes sense to me.

He is and always was. His minutes went down but not his per 40 production. He played in every game. That should tell us all we need to know.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Just watched Walker's minutes in the middle of the 1st half of our game against them. Solid play. Drew a charge on TJD and scored on a TJD goaltending. Was part of their perimeter offensive motion and threw 2 nice passes to backdoor cutters. Tried a 3rd that deflected off Malik's foot. Guarded Malik, who didn't score or rebound.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
He is and always was. His minutes went down but not his per 40 production. He played in every game. That should tell us all we need to know.
His per 40 #s also went down. He averaged 4.9 rebounds per every 40M played as a senior, down from 6.9-7.1 the 3 previous years. His BSs and steals were also down, and he shot 12.5% on 3s.

Reactions: bailey777
For the what feels like 30th time, he wasn't recruited to be a 25+ mpg double/double guy. He was recruited to be a serviceable back up option at the 4 for 10-15 mpg. He's here to defend and spell minutes for starters...all for 9 months.
Fair points, but why set recruiting sights so low right now when the portal isn't even closed?

"Hey coach, there's a stud in the portal who could be a great 6th man."

"Nah, I'm just looking for a 10-minute guy."

Fair points, but why set recruiting sights so low right now when the portal isn't even closed?

"Hey coach, there's a stud in the portal who could be a great 6th man."

"Nah, I'm just looking for a 10-minute guy."
Because we’re potentially looking at two upgrades out on the perimeter that allows someone like Trey Galloway to become a natural 6th man?

“Stud” “portal” “6th man” don’t really go hand in hand. Staff has done a nice job restructuring the front court. Land a starter quality wing and we’ll be fine, land two and next year looks extremely promising.

Because we’re potentially looking at two upgrades out on the perimeter that allows someone like Trey Galloway to become a natural 6th man?

“Stud” “portal” “6th man” don’t really go hand in hand. Staff has done a nice job restructuring the front court. Land a starter quality wing and we’ll be fine, land two and next year looks extremely promising.
...but land no impact 2s/3s who can shoot and IU might average the fewest made 3FG in major college basketball. Woody doesn't have TJD to make up for shooting threes at a very low volume.

...but land no impact 2s/3s who can shoot and IU might average the fewest made 3FG in major college basketball. Woody doesn't have TJD to make up for shooting threes at a very low volume.
That’s a worst case scenario more than a month out from entertaining. Has nothing to do with adding Walker.

For the what feels like 30th time, he wasn't recruited to be a 25+ mpg double/double guy. He was recruited to be a serviceable back up option at the 4 for 10-15 mpg. He's here to defend and spell minutes for starters...all for 9 months.
For the 40th time we needed shooting not another 2ppg backup forward Banks could slide down and play the 4 if need be. Walker is no better then Geronimo or Banks Woodson and staff struck out on everybody and this was a last ditch effort..

For the 40th time we needed shooting not another 2ppg backup forward Banks could slide down and play the 4 if need be. Walker is no better then Geronimo or Banks Woodson and staff struck out on everybody and this was a last ditch effort..
Last ditch? It's a strange usage of the word considering that we still have two more scholarships to give.

Its not like Woodie's throwing a hail mary when its still the 1st down.

Right, so ........ CMW and staff needed to fill a scholarship and just took the first available.

By the way, they still have two scholarships to use and people out there that could help. I will wait until the process is over before I panic but you do you.

You’re still not getting this. Adding Walker doesn’t prohibit the staff from adding shooters. There’s still two available scholarships. The staff can add not one, but two shooters given the scholarship numbers.

I’ve had more productive conversations with a stalled lawn mower. Turn your brain on.

Right, so ........ CMW and staff needed to fill a scholarship and just took the first available.

By the way, they still have two scholarships to use and people out there that could help. I will wait until the process is over before I panic but you do you.

He aint no Rainman or card counter for sure.

His flight/fright responses were already kicking in when we had 5 schollies to give.

He's probably standing on a ledge as we speak.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ONor have JG's #'s. His D makes him more valuable than Geronimo. He'll play 25%-40% more time than Geronimo was playing and that includes the time he got on the floor when Race was down.
I wasnot impressed with gerinimo either.
They struck out because they went all just on a couple. I thought it seemed they would get battle and ledlum right away and they got neither. Timberlake as well and did not even get a visit.

Even Miami fans are shocked Indiana took Walker. What does Walker bring that Geronimo or Duncomb couldn't? And before anybody bashes Duncomb I guarantee Miller will make him look good at Xavier that Miller can coach.

Yea great defender would be 4th in line to play behind Reneau, Ware, Sparks, and Banks..
If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

Where would Dunc be in the pecking order? Behind everyone.

Where would JG be in the pecking order? Behind everyone but maybe Banks.

You act like we're trying to replace an All B1G talent when you talk about these guys.

Yea great defender would be 4th in line to play behind Reneau, Ware, Sparks, and Banks..
Walker is the most experienced of the four players having played four seasons with the Hurricanes. However, he averaged just 2.8 points a game last season for Miami on their way to the Final Four. He also hasn't ever shown to be a floor spacer or a high-level rebounder, averaging just 2.5 per game in his career.

Anyone expecting more than a couple spot minutes a game from this guy is delusional.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Walker is the most experienced of the four players having played four seasons with the Hurricanes. However, he averaged just 2.8 points a game last season for Miami on their way to the Final Four. He also hasn't ever shown to be a floor spacer or a high-level rebounder, averaging just 2.5 per game in his career.

Anyone expecting more than a couple spot minutes a game from this guy is delusional.
This is what I'm expecting from Walker..
e672b900-9afa-4981-a47c-082cb6f101ab_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT