ADVERTISEMENT

Another church shooting

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
this time in Texas. First reports saying 27 fatalities and multiple injuries. Shooter dead also.

Current reports that an armed private citizen living next to the church exited his home with his rifle and returned fire. It's not clear if he fired while the shooter was still engaged with attacking the church, or if he fired at him as he was fleeing. It's possible that this citizen hit him while he was driving and caused his death.

The Facebook meme I keep seeing, and am not endorsing, "if prayers worked there wouldn't have been s shooting in a church". I disagree but I think the sentiment resonates with me as a counter that we can only offer thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: DrHoops
The Facebook meme I keep seeing, and am not endorsing, "if prayers worked there wouldn't have been s shooting in a church". I disagree but I think the sentiment resonates with me as a counter that we can only offer thoughts and prayers.
This is the one that always sticks out to me when this happens:
IMG_2095.jpg

No point in having debates or trying to “figure out what happened” today or in any other similar situation. This is simply the collateral damage we have to accept when every asshole can own every gun they want.

Current reports that an armed private citizen living next to the church exited his home with his rifle and returned fire. It's not clear if he fired while the shooter was still engaged with attacking the church, or if he fired at him as he was fleeing. It's possible that this citizen hit him while he was driving and caused his death.
This will be what the "armed citizenry" proponents will grab onto.

Reactions: Bill4411
That’s a great point. Clearly murder laws aren’t working. Get rid of them!

The only way to stop a bad murderer is a GOOD murderer.

The law obviously isn’t working. We should probably get rid of it. It just makes it harder for responsible gun owners.

Reactions: meridian
No other country in the world has this probably so consistently and yet the powers to be aren't taking it seriously.
People outside the country ie ROW can only wonder how corrupt the US political system is -- at the same time, it is preaching the need for transparency and democracy to the rest of the world.

I'm guessing now is still not the time to talk about gun control? Too soon? Its the obligatory 24hrs of 'thoughts & prayers' with the victims.

Last edited:

Sounds like the point is that there is no God.

Reactions: DrHoops
There is a hole in that argument, though.
There is no proof that they prayed that there would be no shooting in that church.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT