ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement Coming Today (Saturday)

UNC also hired Matt Dougherty after only one year at ND.

Yes because of an unexpected retirement by their head coach. Last I checked, Notre Dame is a major program in a major conference.

If you think this is a home run hire, you are crazy.

UCLA and IU have so much in common. So many bad hires over the years, but at least Bartow went to the Final Four and took a school from scratch to a tournament in its second year of existence and then NCAAs for 7 straight years. An athletic program that didn't even exist.

UCLA has made bad hire after bad hire. Steve Alford being the latest.
So how do you know how Miller will do until he gets there. Have you watched one game that Dayton has played the last few years if not you have no idea how he coaches. i have watched a lot of games and his teams play great defense and play hard as hell.

It seems you're the only one that's picked up on that. Perhaps, I should've Chris-crossed the thesaurus for a better innuendo...

However, it's hard to get a true read from charter flights, especially when they're going to and coming from active sites where sporting events are. I noticed that the same flight is scheduled to go back to Memphis. Could just be a Bloomington- or Indiana-based rich guy, who is attending the games this weekend. For what it's worth, I also saw a flight from Dayton to Bloomington earlier this morning. And, it's not going back.
The Dayton flight was listed above but diminished some when I found that the plane owner in Bloomington has a daughter at DU. BUT, gotta know where to look and Dayton was it.

At any rate, Archie Miller is a super hire.

So how do you know how Miller will do until he gets there. Have you watched one game that Dayton has played the last few years if not you have no idea how he coaches. i have watched a lot of games and his teams play great defense and play hard as hell.

Yeah it's a decent hire, but hard not to be slightly disappointed. Like getting a Gene Keady when you wanted a Bob Knight.

Reactions: JonesIndiana
There you go...cat is out of the bag now.
Fpeaugh thanks for sharing your info, you make these kinds of boards more enjoyable.

As a rival fan, congratulations on the new coach. I hope the noise of possibly getting Donovan doesn't poison the well for Archie. I think he is a good young, up and coming coach. Probably only concern would be if he is ready for the bright lights. If he is ready then you may not be worrying about a coach for another generation. In the long run I think he will be better than Alford would have been. Good luck, unless you are up against my team or its conference.

Do you have any backstory details you can share on how the process played out? Was he the third choice behind Donovan and Alford?(won't list Stevens) Any odd twist and turns of the saga.

Guess Indiana and Kentucky fans can share one thing now, we were both spurned by Billy D and rumors of "done deals".

I don't know how he will do, my hope is he does well. That isn't my objection. My objection is the fantasy that we are some elite program, we are not. Elite programs don't need to take these kinds of risks. I will support Archie as I did Davis as I did Crean. Sampson is dead to me. It's a decent hire, it is not an elite program hire, because we aren't elite, but yes I hope he hits that home run.

I don't know how he will do, my hope is he does well. That isn't my objection. My objection is the fantasy that we are some elite program, we are not. Elite programs don't need to take these kinds of risks. I will support Archie as I did Davis as I did Crean. Sampson is dead to me. It's a decent hire, it is not an elite program hire, because we aren't elite, but yes I hope he hits that home run.
What is your absession with saying g we are not elite? We are an elite program and a blue blood. We have had some down time as a program but with a good hire we can have some elite success. You just don't understand what makes programs elite. IU is an elite program no matter how much you tell us it isn't.

What is your absession with saying g we are not elite? We are an elite program and a blue blood. We have had some down time as a program but with a good hire we can have some elite success. You just don't understand what makes programs elite. IU is an elite program no matter how much you tell us it isn't.

No we aren't. What is your obsession saying we are, to hear yourself say it so you can believe it? We aren't. Blueblood, sure. Elite, no. In your own paragraph you contradict yourself. You say we are elite, then you say IF we have the right hire we CAN have some elite success.

Do you even read what you write?

No we aren't. What is your obsession saying we are, to hear yourself say it so you can believe it? We aren't. Blueblood, sure. Elite, no. In your own paragraph you contradict yourself. You say we are elite, then you say IF we have the right hire we CAN have some elite success.

Do you even read what you write?
Difference in elite program vs an elite team. IU is an elite program. Just like Texas football, Nd football, Michigan football. The IU brand is elite...sorry you hate that.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT