ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz on Rob just now

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Staff notified him...lower leg injury...most likely NOT serious!

Basically no chance its a full Achilles rupture if they don't think its serious at this point. They'd know for sure.

Suppose it could be a partial Achilles tear, that would be harder to diagnose, and would likely need an MRI.

A partial tear would mean a long rehab..
I'd say not great news ..
Unless he plays next game..jmo..
Indiana is one of the very best at not letting anyone know about the extent of injuries..
Oh for sure not good news at all if it’s anything torn, partial or fully.

Was just guessing that since they said likely not serious that it really can’t be a full rupture…but that a partial Achilles is more difficult to diagnose.

If it’s nothing serious, Robs reaction is confusing as heck.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Staff notified him...lower leg injury...most likely NOT serious!

Basically no chance its a full Achilles rupture if they don't think its serious at this point. They'd know for sure.

Suppose it could be a partial Achilles tear, that would be harder to diagnose, and would likely need an MRI.
Please let this be true.

I know a lot of us have been hard on him but 1). You never want to see anyone get hurt and have to deal with a serious injury and 2). He's a major part of what this team is going forward.

We absolutely need him to make any sort of noise in the BIG10 going forward.

There can be any one of several injuries to the lower leg. I still think it’s an Achilles problem but the other one that comes to mind is a pulled calf muscle. It’s hard to imagine that it’s something simple when he had to be helped to get off the floor.

From what I saw I thought he pulled a calf muscle. Those can really hurt , and make it hard to walk . A partial tear of the Achilles can be dealt with , and he could be back . Had both , and they hurt but could still function . Of course I wasn’t playing big ten basketball either . A complete tear of the Achilles would mean he was done for the year .

From what I saw I thought he pulled a calf muscle. Those can really hurt , and make it hard to walk . A partial tear of the Achilles can be dealt with , and he could be back . Had both , and they hurt but could still function . Of course I wasn’t playing big ten basketball either . A complete tear of the Achilles would mean he was done for the year .

I was also thinking something along the lines of pinch nerve

I know Rob has access to world class care, but even a relatively minor strain to the Achille's takes some time and is easy to aggravate.

It looked like it hurt when he did it.

I'm guessing he's out for a game or 2.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I know Rob has access to world class care, but even a relatively minor strain to the Achille's takes some time and is easy to aggravate.

I rewatched it in the highlights a few times - and its hard to pin point what happened. The best I can tell is that the injury occurred when he was defending the drive and he planted his football hard was stepping backward (only thing that seems like it would have caused any stress on his foot/ankle). But he took another step, jumped to get the rebound, and then took another 2 steps on that foot before pulling up, which took at least a solid 5-6 seconds. He did seem to favor that foot somewhat after that hard plant but didn't seem to be in much pain until he pulled up.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's much longer than that ..
Like a month....
But who know's ..

I hope u r correct. I interpreted his tweet to mean he is done for the year and will be back as a student, coach somewhere, etc. I hope I am wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT