ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Beshear on Vance

Bowlmania

Hall of Famer
Sep 23, 2016
"Listen, JD Vance is a phony. He's fake. I mean first he says that Donald Trump is like Hitler and now he's acting like he's Lincoln."

"I mean, the problem with JD Vance is he has no conviction, but I guess his running mate has 34."

Spot on.

Vance was a really bad pick. First, he has said far worse things about Trump (describing Trump as "cultural heroin" is a personal favorite) than most anti-Trumpers. More importantly, he does nothing to expand Trump's base, particularly among women which is where Trump needs all the help he can get.

Dems will be smarter with the VP selection and go with someone who, at a minimum, helps them carry a swing state and appeals to independents.

Harris currently has all the enthusiasm and momentum - - - a record-breaking fundraising haul immediately after Biden dropped out, with much of it coming from grassroots donors, 28,000 new volunteers in the first 36 hours following Sunday's announcement, key endorsements, immediate union support, and a party that quickly united with her. She'll get more buzz with the announcement of the VP pick, and then the convention will follow. The final night in Chicago will almost certainly feature two successful past presidents along with Joe and Jill on the stage with Harris, her husband and the new VP pick and his (yes, it will be a man) wife. I'm going out on a limb here by predicting that scene will be even more memorable and impactful than Kid Rock and Hulk Hogan on stage at the RNC. LOL.

"Listen, JD Vance is a phony. He's fake. I mean first he says that Donald Trump is like Hitler and now he's acting like he's Lincoln."

"I mean, the problem with JD Vance is he has no conviction, but I guess his running mate has 34."

Spot on.

Vance was a really bad pick. First, he has said far worse things about Trump (describing Trump as "cultural heroin" is a personal favorite) than most anti-Trumpers. More importantly, he does nothing to expand Trump's base, particularly among women which is where Trump needs all the help he can get.

Dems will be smarter with the VP selection and go with someone who, at a minimum, helps them carry a swing state and appeals to independents.

Harris currently has all the enthusiasm and momentum - - - a record-breaking fundraising haul immediately after Biden dropped out, with much of it coming from grassroots donors, 28,000 new volunteers in the first 36 hours following Sunday's announcement, key endorsements, immediate union support, and a party that quickly united with her. She'll get more buzz with the announcement of the VP pick, and then the convention will follow. The final night in Chicago will almost certainly feature two successful past presidents along with Joe and Jill on the stage with Harris, her husband and the new VP pick and his (yes, it will be a man) wife. I'm going out on a limb here by predicting that scene will be even more memorable and impactful than Kid Rock and Hulk Hogan on stage at the RNC. LOL.

how do Christians come up with people like Hogan and Rock much less Trump?

Reactions: Willdog7
He is a fraud in the sense he has no real conviction. You can't say the things he said and just flip a switch. He compared Trump to Hitler and all but called him a rapist.

His rally yesterday was embarrassing. He was awful.
Plus he basically owes everything except his dumb book to Peter Thiel.. Not a nepo baby, but a crony buddy.

Fred>Donald> Ivanka/Kushner/Cokey, Eric > Lara. That's nepotism. Does Kentucky have a monarchy or something?

Weird ass flex by Coconut Tree.

He is a fraud in the sense he has no real conviction. You can't say the things he said and just flip a switch. He compared Trump to Hitler and all but called him a rapist.

His rally yesterday was embarrassing. He was awful.
I saw portions of it. Jokes that fell flat. Awkward pauses. Frequent monotone delivery. Wonder if Trump has buyer's remorse.

I saw portions of it. Jokes that fell flat. Awkward pauses. Frequent monotone delivery. Wonder if Trump has buyer's remorse.
After the Pence debacle on Jan 6, Trump just needed to make sure he had a yes man as vp for round 2. Who better for the job than someone without a spine. Trump is Hitler one day, but Lincoln the next. Wonder what JD's opinion will be tomorrow? Whatever Trump tells him I am sure.

Did his dad have enough votes for him to be gov? Pretty sure his dad's vote only counted once.

Not sure you know what the word nepotism even means.
I don't think it's any great pejorative to acknowledge that Beshear had a leg up in politics by having a family that was in politics. Noodle said it very simply and well.

I don't think it's any great pejorative to acknowledge that Beshear had a leg up in politics by having a family that was in politics. Noodle said it very simply and well.
No different than anyone else having a leg up in whatever field their parents are in.

That shouldn't be something used against a person. And it isn't like he got his job from his dad, which is what usually gets people screaming about nepotism. Bit of a stretch screaming nepotism just because his dad is a politician and a bit of hypocrisy given George Bush, George w Bush, Jeb Bush

No different than anyone else having a leg up in whatever field their parents are in.

That shouldn't be something used against a person. And it isn't like he got his job from his dad, which is what usually gets people screaming about nepotism. Bit of a stretch screaming nepotism just because his dad is a politician and a bit of hypocrisy given George Bush, George w Bush, Jeb Bush
Sure. That's why Noodle's post addresses it pretty simply. Acknowledging that leg up in all arenas is much better than ignoring it.

Spot on.

There's no one with less "conviction" than Kamala Harris, the ultimate opportunist. Racist Much, Joe?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Beshear's first law job was at his fathers law firm. What is that? Nepotism? Coincidence? Something else?
The time-honored American tradition of trying to carry on a multi-generational family business?

My oldest brother took over the family farm. He wanted to do it and was qualified. Should my Dad have looked elsewhere?

Reactions: BCCHoosier
It depends. Should Christians have some sense of morality or decency?
If the candidate is required to be free of sin in order for me to vote for them, I’m never voting again. I won’t be able to. Certainly not for Kamala, who’s as much a pathological liar as Joe.

Beyond that, you’re just imposing what YOU think acceptable morality should be on everyone else.

If the candidate is required to be free of sin in order for me to vote for them, I’m never voting again. I won’t be able to. Certainly not for Joe, who’s a pathological liar.

Beyond that, you’re just imposing what YOU think acceptable morality should be on everyone else.

Fair enough. I could understand when Roe was still on the table, but that's been settled (in your favor). I have a hard time understanding how a devout Christian could support him now.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
"The problem with JD Vance is he has no conviction, but I guess his running mate has 34."

That's a high quality line right there!

He’s my top choice for VP or Shapiro

Andy sure is campaigning for the VP slot. He's put himself out there as the anti-JD. His Mountain Dew shtick is fun.

I'd rather see them tap Kelly (solidifies AZ), or even Cooper if that gives us a shot at flipping NC. I'm not sure either of them has real Presidential ambitions, so that leaves us Shapiro and Whitmer (or even Beshear) on deck for '28 or '32.

Reactions: Bowlmania
If the candidate is required to be free of sin in order for me to vote for them, I’m never voting again. I won’t be able to. Certainly not for Kamala, who’s as much a pathological liar as Joe.

We’re all sinners. Fortunately, though, far fewer of us are wholly unprincipled (per his sister), racist (per his niece and nephew), rapists (per a judge), con men, thieves and rip-off artists (e.g. Trump University, the Trump Foundation and the Trump Organization) and felons.

I doubt Trump believes in God. In his mind, how could anyone or anything possibly be greater than he?

Reactions: outside shooter

So you are trying to compare Trump's multitude of sins and compare it to all other presidential candidates?

All sins are equal no matter the quantity or magnitude of the sins. Got it

Personally I think there is a difference between a jaywalker and a rapist but however you want to defend a vote for someone that has committed pretty much every sin except murder

Andy sure is campaigning for the VP slot. He's put himself out there as the anti-JD. His Mountain Dew shtick is fun.

I'd rather see them tap Kelly (solidifies AZ), or even Cooper if that gives us a shot at flipping NC. I'm not sure either of them has real Presidential ambitions, so that leaves us Shapiro and Whitmer (or even Beshear) on deck for '28 or '32.
I like Beshear but I’m not sure he helps the ticket significantly. Shapiro could help deliver PA. However, given the Gaza situation and the continuing fallout, might he end up costing KH in Michigan and/or elsewhere? I don’t think anyone can predict how an all-female ticket would play, so I don’t think Whitmer will be picked.

I like Kelly. He’d cost the Dems a seat in the Senate, though, which might make a governor a preferred pick. Hobbs would replace Kelly with another Dem but there would be no guarantees in the special election that follows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT