ADVERTISEMENT

AM radio show.

could be worse....I'm about to go blast half a foot of snow out of my driveway.

Granted, it has been a long, long, long time since I played real 'organized' basketball (ie HS Varsity....although some of the pick up games I played in at the HYPR and Co-Rec (at Purdue) were just as intense and competitive). So much has changed over the years. Strategy based on metrics and data. Everyone shooting 28% from three....but still, everyone shooting 3s. But this '4 minute wars' concept, it just seems like a micromanager trying to micromanage a bunch of kids who have to take their ritalin before each game.

The Rutgers game was a classic 'trap' game. They came in like a wounded dog, we were still giddy over what happened in Iowa City. And I don't think this team of ours plays very well during early weekend games (maybe staying up too late gaming? who knows?). But anyone who follows college ball would know that this was a dangerous game for IU based on the current state of both squads, and the way our team failed to show early in the game (TJD even being asleep on the opening tip) was telling and that is on the coach. We got pushed around, manhandled, verbally mocked, and responded for the most part like a team full of beta boys. There is too much 'easy going' with our team. I don't want a team full of goons and thugs, but there needs to be a little more bad assery. And I'm not talking flexing some underdeveloped triceps after an "AND ONE!". I mean, go up for a few rebounds and kick anyone's ass who gets in your way.

And hit your damn free throws.

Is that too much to ask?

Now...back to the snow in my driveway. 2 weeks ago I was down in Tampa, and for 2 straight nights, hanging with some co-workers outside in Ybor, doing the bourbon and cigar thing after a mighty fine dinner of Cuban food...wondering why the hell I still live in the MIdwest.
“Bad assery”. Well done / stated.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
RMK did the same thing at times ie broke the game down into intervals. It's pretty much a common thing to do.

But that doesn't fit the narrative being created, does it?

There's legit things to complain about, this or anything else said on a radio show, isn't one of them. Unless you just want to complain to complain..
Knight always said the first four (?) minutes of each half were the most important. So I doubt Knight would have viewed them all equally as Archie does. This is, like most stuff Archie says and believes is BS. So when does he coach up for performance? Which interval does he emphasize or no emphasis at all? And when they lose the four minute interval, what does he do? Apparently nothing. Archie is a loser, face it and everything he does is not enough to win at this level.

could be worse....I'm about to go blast half a foot of snow out of my driveway.

Granted, it has been a long, long, long time since I played real 'organized' basketball (ie HS Varsity....although some of the pick up games I played in at the HYPR and Co-Rec (at Purdue) were just as intense and competitive). So much has changed over the years. Strategy based on metrics and data. Everyone shooting 28% from three....but still, everyone shooting 3s. But this '4 minute wars' concept, it just seems like a micromanager trying to micromanage a bunch of kids who have to take their ritalin before each game.

The Rutgers game was a classic 'trap' game. They came in like a wounded dog, we were still giddy over what happened in Iowa City. And I don't think this team of ours plays very well during early weekend games (maybe staying up too late gaming? who knows?). But anyone who follows college ball would know that this was a dangerous game for IU based on the current state of both squads, and the way our team failed to show early in the game (TJD even being asleep on the opening tip) was telling and that is on the coach. We got pushed around, manhandled, verbally mocked, and responded for the most part like a team full of beta boys. There is too much 'easy going' with our team. I don't want a team full of goons and thugs, but there needs to be a little more bad assery. And I'm not talking flexing some underdeveloped triceps after an "AND ONE!". I mean, go up for a few rebounds and kick anyone's ass who gets in your way.

And hit your damn free throws.

Is that too much to ask?

Now...back to the snow in my driveway. 2 weeks ago I was down in Tampa, and for 2 straight nights, hanging with some co-workers outside in Ybor, doing the bourbon and cigar thing after a mighty fine dinner of Cuban food...wondering why the hell I still live in the MIdwest.
Yeah, I agree. Basketball used to make IN winters tolerable, but not so much anymore. Ever tried a Ruben/Cuban combo ... maybe the best sandwich ever, you can get them at the 7-11 in Florida

my two favorites- reuben and cuban. Never thought of combining the two....how can that miss??
They're fantastic, like a footlong Subway but each half is different. They were popular when I lived in FL at 7-11. I'd bet the trend has grown there where real restaurants offer it. Honestly though, the 7-11 version along with a big Foster's was my go to, pity I can't eat that way anymore

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT