ADVERTISEMENT

Alford is so much better than any IU

Look it’s clear you might need therapy. You might need a hug. I’m not sure at this point. I’m not one who has insight nor do I claim to. If you look at the PAC 12 they usually get 5 maybe 6 teams in. In Alford’s stint the pac 12 made 1 final 4. Wisconsin made it twice as did michigan. Both made the final game in that time.

Yeah all you dumb ****s that act like you know why someone didn’t get interviewed or that you know someone that knows a guy who told him the reason. I know a guy and he told me you are so stupid that Forrest Gump is Einstein compared to you.
:rolleyes:

Yeah! Did Crean have to deal with Arizona, Oregon or Washington. The only team that was good was MSU and maybe Wisky. Better conference my ass. This is the first year the conference was good.
Michigan, Wisconsin and Michigan state where better. Absolutely.

Serious question? Is Hoosier phenom Victorbear?
Serious question are you ****ing dumb. Victorbear has had one good comment the entire time he’s been on here and that is the guy for AD. It took him that long to come up with a good idea. I also wonder why you ****ing morons always think one person is another using a different name.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Serious question are you ****ing dumb. Victorbear has had one good comment the entire time he’s been on here and that is the guy for AD. It took him that long to come up with a good idea. I also wonder why you ****ing morons always think one person is another using a different name.
That’s one more than you.

Once again, roy, not wanting to hire Alford has nothing to do with hating Knight. They're two completely separate and distinct men. And the most common reasoning I've ever heard expressed for no interest in Alford -- which I happen to share -- has nothing to do with Knight. It has to do with Alford's records as a coach.

So go take a flying leap.
I’m sorry because his records as a coach are way better than Crean or Archie’s, so keep telling that lie.

I’m sorry because his records as a coach are way better than Crean or Archie’s, so keep telling that lie.

As I said before, my benchmark for what I’d like in a coach is not what Crean and Archie did/have done at IU. I’m hardly a defender of either one of them.

I just don’t think Alford is the answer we’re looking for. He’s had his shot — two of them — at the P5 level. We can, and should, do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
I don't have anything against Alford because he is a former Knight player or the average Coaching Record. The reason you can't hire him in this day and age is because of his actions off the Court at Iowa. He and the University Administration conspired to keep control of a Criminal Matter within the University and under the jurisdiction of Campus Police rather than reporting it to local Police and having them handle the investigation. He may have been involved with other University Officials to intimidate
the victim to prevent her from pursuing the complaint. He then made several inane comments that could be construed as victim shaming and tried to paint his Rapist Player as a victim. He then gave his Player a Second Chance and watched as he committed a second offense.

Arguably criminal activity, lack of sensitivity for the victim, and poor judgment in handling the player. We don't need the baggage and side show,

Three other schools, including a blue blood, hired him.

Facts can be pesky problems, can’t they? Did you bother to read the University of Iowa report?
I assume you did.

What’s remarkable is how well rounded a person you are: the EXTENSIVE reading, the dialogue with popular culture you manage to maintain, your insight into politicking that would make Bill Clinton or “Uncle” “Joe” Stalin look like rank amateurs.

You’re this century’s Goethe.

EDIT. Additional denunciation of Birnk’s calumny.

Last edited:
I assume you did.

What’s remarkable is how well rounded a person you are: the EXTENSIVE reading, the dialogue with popular culture you manage to maintain, your insight into politicking that would make Bill Clinton or “Uncle” “Joe” Stalin look like rank amateurs.

You’re this century’s Goethe.

EDIT. Additional denunciation of Birnk’s calumny.
It is, n fact, quite remarkable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT