ADVERTISEMENT

Al Franken's a chickenshit

If it is true then he should be in jail. If the President raped anyone this would be true. Bill Clinton was accused of rape. Did you say he should be in jail for it? For all these situations there should be a trail, not in the court of public opinion, but in a courtroom of law. Surely the lawyers on here agree with that.
First time ever, I am in agreement with you.
If they were/are accused of a rape, then both should be tried. Bill Clinton was tried in the form of impeachment and acquitted. Donald Trump has not been. So, you seem like you are advocating to impeach Trump, right?;) Interestingly, he seems to be accusing everybody else of the similar crime.

Last edited:
First time ever, I am in agreement with you.
If they were/are accused of a rape, then both should be tried. Bill Clinton was tried in the form of impeachment and acquitted. Donald Trump has not been. So, you seem like you are advocating to impeach Trump, right?;) Interestingly, he seems to be accusing everybody else of the similar crime it seems.
Where was Clinton acquitted? Wasn't he found guilty and was actually impeached? Congress just wouldn't go the next step and remove him from office. I am glad you agree with there being a court case because it is fair. What if we were accused of rape and we didn't do it? I would want my day in court instead of being tried by everybody in the country and in the press without having any due process.

Where was Clinton acquitted? Wasn't he found guilty and was actually impeached? Congress just wouldn't go the next step and remove him from office. I am glad you agree with there being a court case because it is fair. What if we were accused of rape and we didn't do it? I would want my day in court instead of being tried by everybody in the country and in the press without having any due process.
Good Lord, people. I mean, this conversation is just nine levels of stupid.

1. Impeachment is not a criminal trial.
2. Clinton was acquitted at his impeachment trial.
3. His impeachment wasn't for rape, anyway. Or anything remotely related to rape.
4. None of these men can be tried for the rapes they are accused of, because the statute of limitations has long passed.

Van, just admit you're a right-wing nutjob partisan hack who is happy to vote for rapists and child molesters, as long as they are Republicans. Everyone here already knows that's the case, so the only person you're fooling is yourself.

If it is true then he should be in jail. If the President raped anyone this would be true. Bill Clinton was accused of rape. Did you say he should be in jail for it? For all these situations there should be a trail, not in the court of public opinion, but in a courtroom of law. Surely the lawyers on here agree with that.
The 13 year old that accused Trump was pressing charges, but she dropped her case, allegedly after getting death threats. Wonder how many women Trump has paid off, besides his ex wives, of course.

The 13 year old that accused Trump was pressing charges, but she dropped her case, allegedly after getting death threats. Wonder how many women Trump has paid off, besides his ex wives, of course.
What evidence is there that there were death threats? Also you can wonder all day long,but if you don't have evidence then it is worthless in a court of law. See, this is where I am getting at. With all these accusations on both Republicans and Democrats, politicians and media moguls there has to be evidence. Let us not condemn people without rock solid proof.

What evidence is there that there were death threats? Also you can wonder all day long,but if you don't have evidence then it is worthless in a court of law. See, this is where I am getting at. With all these accusations on both Republicans and Democrats, politicians and media moguls there has to be evidence. Let us not condemn people without rock solid proof.
What evidence is there that Jesus died on a cross?

Van, you pretend like you you've never even heard of any of the accusations against Trump, so pardon me if I don't take you too seriously. There is a current court case against Trump by one of the women, actually.

Van, you pretend like you you've never even heard of any of the accusations against Trump, so pardon me if I don't take you too seriously. There is a current court case against Trump by one of the women, actually.
No way. There's nothing about it on Drudge or WND.

You of all people are talking about needing proof of something?

Ask me in 20 years. Perhaps then times will have changed and I'll say that Trump should've been removed from office.:p
Big difference. We knew all about Trump, and he admitted it, before people like you put him in office.

Reactions: meridian
Speaking of hypocrites, can you imagine if a Democrat had bragged about committing sexual assault? We wouldn't hear anything about "locker room talk."
Who are these Republicans/conservatives preaching about morality, honesty, our nation, God, and such? Now that they have the executive branch, the Congress, the Senate, and God, how about putting their preaching into practice at least once in a while?:rolleyes:

Who are these Republicans/conservatives preaching about morality, honesty, our nation, God, and such? Now that they have the executive branch, the Congress, the Senate, and God, how about putting their preaching into practice at least once in a while?:rolleyes:
The power of political concerns. They'd still own the Senate, but because they are worried about a couple of women and a couple of Arizonans, they can't afford to give up even one seat.

Conservative Activist Perkins Reportedly Covered Up Sexual Assault Against Teenager

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ins_reportedly_covered_up_sexual_assault.html

The head of the Family Research Council allegedly kept quiet about claims that an Ohio Republican lawmaker assaulted a teenage boy in a hotel two years ago. Perkins was told that then-candidate for the Ohio legislature Wesley Goodman’s allegedly fondled a supporter’s son during a conference in Washington, according to the Washington Post.​

Reactions: sglowrider
Conservative Activist Perkins Reportedly Covered Up Sexual Assault Against Teenager

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ins_reportedly_covered_up_sexual_assault.html

The head of the Family Research Council allegedly kept quiet about claims that an Ohio Republican lawmaker assaulted a teenage boy in a hotel two years ago. Perkins was told that then-candidate for the Ohio legislature Wesley Goodman’s allegedly fondled a supporter’s son during a conference in Washington, according to the Washington Post.​
What a surprise!
They are so good at preaching, but following their own preaching is not their strength!:(

Here’s Leeann doing a masterful job of avoiding Franken 3 years after the assault.

DPBuXB9VQAAWH07

Here’s Leeann doing a masterful job of avoiding Franken 3 years after the assault.

DPBuXB9VQAAWH07
Saw the picture of the kiss too, and she sure didn't seem to be pushing him away. I think there is a reason she doesn't want an investigation. I'm still withholding judgement to see if any other women come forward, but this one has seemed fishy from the start, and not because it's partisan. Her entire demeanor was different, that Roger Stone knew about it ahead of time, etc.

Reactions: sglowrider
Not sure what to make of this, but this woman is saying Franken grabbed her backside at the Minnesota State Fair

I don't know if Al Franken will be forced from office or not over these things -- I still say he probably won't (his fate is in the hands of people, some of whom I'm sure have behaved similarly...and they don't want to be next).

But, either way, I'd say his influence and effectiveness as a Senator are pretty well shot.

Yep, not 10 minutes after I posted I read about the other woman. He has to go. Even though what he has done is nothing compared to Trump or Moore, we have to set the standard.

Yep, not 10 minutes after I posted I read about the other woman. He has to go. Even though what he has done is nothing compared to Trump or Moore, we have to set the standard.

I doubt the Senate would vote to expel him. He may be convinced to resign, I guess. After all, Minnesota's governor is a Democrat, so I presume the seat would stay D for the rest of the session (not sure what their laws say about this).

But, with the feeding frenzy going on right now, and my suspicion that there are Senators who have done what Franken's accused of (and probably worse), I can't imagine they'd want to put that train in motion.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Saw the picture of the kiss too, and she sure didn't seem to be pushing him away. I think there is a reason she doesn't want an investigation. I'm still withholding judgement to see if any other women come forward, but this one has seemed fishy from the start, and not because it's partisan. Her entire demeanor was different, that Roger Stone knew about it ahead of time, etc.
Is she supposed to stop living, just because a guy in a guy's world screwed her around? Maybe she's not as dumb and disingenuous as you seem to be assuming. He jammed his tongue in her mouth, she #metooed him, he "apologized," she forgave him. Why exactly are you making her any sort of a perpetrator here?

That's a really dangerous precedent to set when you know folks like James O'Keefe would be trying to trick Dems into seemingly grabbing women by the behind during photos and manipulating photos.

There has to be a bit of burden of proof for a public figure that this is malicious and repeated activity, otherwise you're going to have people making things up to take them down.

You already did..... with Clinton.
Let me know when we support a pedophile. And what we knew about Clinton, at the time, was that he was in a consensual relationship , according to her. Definitely wrong, but we didn't have all the facts. Is Dennis Hasert out of jail by the way?

Is she supposed to stop living, just because a guy in a guy's world screwed her around? Maybe she's not as dumb and disingenuous as you seem to be assuming. He jammed his tongue in her mouth, she #metooed him, he "apologized," she forgave him. Why exactly are you making her any sort of a perpetrator here?[/QUOTE
Not at all sure what exactly you're talking about here. Is she supposed to stop living? What does that mean? I'm talking about the incident that so insulted her, and obviously you too. The picture shows the kiss with Franken where he is according to you a million times, "jamming his tongue into her mouth." In the picture, she is clearing pulling Holding tightly onto him, not pushing him away.

Is she supposed to stop living, just because a guy in a guy's world screwed her around? Maybe she's not as dumb and disingenuous as you seem to be assuming. He jammed his tongue in her mouth, she #metooed him, he "apologized," she forgave him. Why exactly are you making her any sort of a perpetrator here?
Seriously, wtf are you talking about? Where did I say anything or imply anything about her being dumb and disingenuous??

Seriously, wtf are you talking about? Where did I say anything or imply anything about her being dumb and disingenuous??
How many examples of disingenuous do you want me to take from your single post above?
Saw the picture of the kiss too, and she sure didn't seem to be pushing him away.
I think there is a reason she doesn't want an investigation.
this one has seemed fishy from the start
Her entire demeanor was different, that Roger Stone knew about it ahead of time, etc.
Maybe you're not suggesting she's dumb explicitly, but disingenuous without a doubt. To me, disingenuous is dumb, so that's indirect.

Got a problem owning it, Zeke?

How many examples of disingenuous do you want me to take from your single post above? Maybe you're not suggesting she's dumb explicitly, but disingenuous without a doubt. To me, disingenuous is dumb, so that's indirect.

Got a problem owning it, Zeke?
Perhaps you need to look up the word disingenuous. None of those remarks have anything to do with her being disingenuous, in fact the exact opposite. You didn't mention your silly remark about getting on with her life. I'm done. You're crazy on this particular topic.

Perhaps you need to look up the word disingenuous. None of those remarks have anything to do with her being disingenuous, in fact the exact opposite. You didn't mention your silly remark about getting on with her life. I'm done. You're crazy on this particular topic.
dis·in·gen·u·ous
ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/
adjective
  1. not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
    synonyms: insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious;
    hypocritical
    "that innocent, teary-eyed look is just part of a disingenuous act"
What did I get wrong or crazy, Zeke? You don't trust her account, so you think she's what, innocent, dishonest, deceitful, untruthful, duplicitous? Which is it?

Let me know when we support a pedophile.

There really aren't very many people who support Roy Moore -- especially among elected Republicans (are there any who post here?). So that's not a very good comparison.

And what we knew about Clinton, at the time, was that he was in a consensual relationship , according to her.

You're only talking about Lewinsky, I gather -- or is it Flowers? Either way, you're apparently disregarding Paula Jones....whose story surfaced prior to the 1996 election.

And, besides, Democrats were supporting WJC pretty much unanimously even after the Broaddrick and Willey charges came out during his 2nd term. You can issue all the mea culpas you want to about that. But (a) you can't deny it, and (b) it's pretty convenient that it's taken some 20 years (and, more importantly, his wife's 2nd unsuccessful candidacy) for any Dems to do that.

I'll repeat it again: it was just one year ago that Andrea Mitchell falsely claimed on national television -- during scripted remarks, no less -- that Juanita Broaddrick's charges had been "discredited." They hadn't been, of course.

But what was different between now and a year ago? Simple: Hillary's no longer in the political picture. As such, she and her husband are now expendable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT