ADVERTISEMENT

After the Romeo flop...

It’s not “love to of,” it’s “love to have.”

UK is the last college basketball program I’d want IU to emulate. The very last.

Whatever. Like i said just take the UK out of it. The results are what we are talking about. And you would love and be proud to have the results UK has had over the past ten years. So just stop. Im not rubbing it in. It just gets old when people say they wouldnt want UKs success. When its exactly what they want. So good luck with whatever system your looking to support. I would think you would want to get and support a system that has won more and been competitive every year. But hey looks like you have it figured out. Maybe Knight will come back for one last hoo ra. Wow. Just bitter.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Whatever. Like i said just take the UK out of it. The results are what we are talking about. And you would love and be proud to have the results UK has had over the past ten years. So just stop. Im not rubbing it in. It just gets old when people say they wouldnt want UKs success. When its exactly what they want. So good luck with whatever system your looking to support. I would think you would want to get and support a system that has won more and been competitive every year. But hey looks like you have it figured out. May Knight will come back for one last hoo ra. Wow. Just bitter.
You’re quite defensive. I have no problem with you loving UK basketball, but I have no admiration for UK basketball at all. It has nothing to do with bitterness. If it makes you feel better, I’ll take UK out of it and say I’d like to IU to have similar success the past 20 years, but that’s all.

Reactions: kkott
Umm.,.no it doesn’t.
You should go back to lurking. It must be difficult typing with hooves.

IU basketball is a nationally known brand and it will not be a surprise when we are back among the top teams. It is one of many things that separates us from Purdue.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
I sure can't get excited about Davis. I've seen many high school teams with 2 6'9" kids that were darn good. You would think IU could get more 6'9" to 6'11" kids and kids that can shoot! Recruiting doesn't seem to be Archie's speciality or his assistant coaches. Just another blunder by IU's worthless AD!!

What a worthless post. Good luck.

Reactions: minneman
You should go back to lurking. It must be difficult typing with hooves.

IU basketball is a nationally known brand and it will not be a surprise when we are back among the top teams. It is one of many things that separates us from Purdue.
You're saying one of the things that separates IU from Purdue is the fact that they aren't among the top teams right now? Thanks for the compliment

You're saying one of the things that separates IU from Purdue is the fact that they aren't among the top teams right now? Thanks for the compliment
Taking-That-Shit-To-The-Next-Level-Funny-Shit-Meme-Image.jpg

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
Not surprised that a UK fan doesn’t know the concept of paragraphs.

Ther isn’t a program in the country that I have less desire to emulate than UK’s.
There is something to be said about the overuse of paragraphs, too. I’m just not sure what it is.

On a similar vein, “Ther” is really there, as in, “Give me some more of them there “taters, bitch!”

I always check very carefully before criticizing the perceived grammatical deficiencies of fellow posters, but maybe that’s just me being me.

I expect a top half of the league finish for IU, make the big tournament and win at least one game in it. Yes, Virginia, Bob Knight is never coming back. We got rid of him for his incompetence in following directions regarding his imposed “Zero Tolerance” mandate. His dismissal was welcomed by many IU fans, frustrated by the relatively poor performance of his teams, particularly in regard to early exits in the tournament.

Ironically, some of the biggest bullies I know have the most liberal mindset of intolerance for others. A liberal bully Myles Brand vs conservative bully, Bob Knight cat fight takes place in the heart of our conservative state’s strongest liberal town and university. Has anyone stopped by Seminary Park lately for a beggar’s banquet? Brand exerts his leadership skills in firing a Hall of Fame coaching legend, then flees the scene for a more lucrative deal. President Brand vs Coach Knight...one man dies with no one caring outside of family and close friends while the other man will die with a whole nation commemorating his life’s accomplishments. The best don’t always win.

The bar for success has been lowered to making the list of invitees to the post season tournament as one of sixty-four while some like to still think of us as elite. You cannot make this stuff up.

It’s a funny world in which we live. Not funny in a “ha-ha” sort of way, but in a way that makes you want to scratch your head on an occasion or two...that kind of funny, with a hint of consternation. Some will find the need to be critical of this post. Most will just ignore it for abraxis being abraxis, finding folly in the aging mind. I thank you.

Whatever. Like i said just take the UK out of it. The results are what we are talking about. And you would love and be proud to have the results UK has had over the past ten years. So just stop. Im not rubbing it in. It just gets old when people say they wouldnt want UKs success. When its exactly what they want. So good luck with whatever system your looking to support. I would think you would want to get and support a system that has won more and been competitive every year. But hey looks like you have it figured out. Maybe Knight will come back for one last hoo ra. Wow. Just bitter.
These people who hate on UK’s results are complete clowns. You can’t take them serious. Unfortunately you can’t expect everyone to act rationally and reasonably.

IU is expected to win. We have been there before. There will be no surprise when we get to the Final 4 or a NCAA title. We will be back where we are expected to be.

Purdue has never won ANYTHING. The sports world doesn't remember games you win. They only remember the titles you win.

Unfortunately, your lack of ever witnessing a championship makes it difficult to explain just how wide the difference is between us. That lack of awareness is the funnest part of remarks like you made.

IU is expected to win. We have been there before. There will be no surprise when we get to the Final 4 or a NCAA title. We will be back where we are expected to be.

Purdue has never won ANYTHING. The sports world doesn't remember games you win. They only remember the titles you win.

Unfortunately, your lack of ever witnessing a championship makes it difficult to explain just how wide the difference is between us. That lack of awareness is the funnest part of remarks like you made.
Are you trying to convince me or yourself that load of garbage you just typed is true?

Reactions: mathboy

Hey, they won the 1961 NCAA MEN'S GOLF TITLE! On their home course, no less.

Chickball doesn't count, right?? :D

Could you please not mention Purdue coeds, I just ate.

Thanks ..
No. You sacrifice him to second, they walk Monty and bring in Steve Farr to pitch to Spencer, so you've taken the bat out of the hands of our two best hitters, our 3-4 men, and we have Spencer, a righty with no speed, against Farr's palmball, which means...

Who replaces Morgan with Davis barely able to walk? Adjustments only go so far. Nobody in the center..... Get over it.

Just rewatched the IU Duke first half:
- 1 timeout used in first half

IU playing at crazy road atmosphere with a ‘young’ team, especially w 2 big Zion dunks early.
Juwan gets 2nd foul 3 min into game.
14 first half turnovers.
10 pt run to close the first half.
53-29 deficit.
Coach K only called 1 TO, w 1:54 to go in the half.

So Archie’s Game Management - there was nowhere he could think in that 24 point deficit to settle the team, adjust the gameplan w Morgan in foul trouble, limit the turnovers etc.

Saw similar mismanagement and coaching ‘concern’ in Louisville ending, Oh St ending, Maryland, Minnesota, and Rutgers...

Could you please not mention Purdue coeds, I just ate.

Thanks ..
Oh please, have one more Purdue coed. Good food should not go to waste. There are children in African countries that don’t get enough to eat.

“Coeds”? You are, so to pun, dating yourself. Are there any institutions of higher education other than seminaries that still restrict admissions to guys only?

Reactions: snarlcakes
Oh please, have one more Purdue coed. Good food should not go to waste. There are children in African countries that don’t get enough to eat.

“Coeds”? You are, so to pun, dating yourself. Are there any institutions of higher education other than seminaries that still restrict admissions to guys only?
Potato.

Be proud of what accomplishments occurred in the past. IU was a great program, and may well be in the future. To imply that your storied history has some magical impact on the 2019 or 2020 season is rediculous.

Don't kid yourself or anyone else that what happened 20+ years ago has any impact on the game today. Championships are won by players, coaches, and luck. Nothing, not one element remains from those championship years. The name on the back of the jersey should be respected, but it does not win games. Your expectation that somehow history has influence on the outcome of games has huge flaws.

Archie must build his team on his own. Bobby Knight and Isiah Thomas ain't coming back.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
I sure can't get excited about Davis. I've seen many high school teams with 2 6'9" kids that were darn good. You would think IU could get more 6'9" to 6'11" kids and kids that can shoot! Recruiting doesn't seem to be Archie's speciality or his assistant coaches. Just another blunder by IU's worthless AD!!
Moron

Be proud of what accomplishments occurred in the past. IU was a great program, and may well be in the future. To imply that your storied history has some magical impact on the 2019 or 2020 season is rediculous.

Don't kid yourself or anyone else that what happened 20+ years ago has any impact on the game today. Championships are won by players, coaches, and luck. Nothing, not one element remains from those championship years. The name on the back of the jersey should be respected, but it does not win games. Your expectation that somehow history has influence on the outcome of games has huge flaws.

Archie must build his team on his own. Bobby Knight and Isiah Thomas ain't coming back.
I don't expect someone from a program that has never won anything to understand. You really shouldn't comment on this subject.

I remember 4 NCAA title games we played in ('76, '81, '87, '02). My son saw the '02 game. It is important that we set our goals to return to that level. It is also important to remember that our success wasn't only from the RMK years.

You guys can keep chanting "IU Sucks" at every game and keep wondering what it feels like to be a champion. Until you win something, you don't know what it means. You might understand at that point how foolish you look.

I don't expect someone from a program that has never won anything to understand. You really shouldn't comment on this subject.

I remember 4 NCAA title games we played in ('76, '81, '87, '02). My son saw the '02 game. It is important that we set our goals to return to that level. It is also important to remember that our success wasn't only from the RMK years.

You guys can keep chanting "IU Sucks" at every game and keep wondering what it feels like to be a champion. Until you win something, you don't know what it means. You might understand at that point how foolish you look.
I think that's the whole point. Knight is gone. That status pretty much left with him. Could you return to that status? Yes, it's possible. Are you even close? No. I wish we had that elite status you once had. We don't and truthfully haven't been real close. Don't know if Archie is the solution. Like Crean he seems to get a 2-3 pass. Why he does is beyond me. He had higher rated players than Painter this season. You may return but right now it's an uphill battle. And I think it's even tougher now with obvious programs cheating to get top recruits. Good luck to both programs.

PU fans chanting against IU while playing another opponent makes PU fans look like bitter, jealous, desperate, hopeless, losers.

We should be a regular participant in the Sweet 16 and be a threat to make it to the Elite 8 and Final 4 on any given year. Archie has to continue to upgrade our roster and change the culture inside the program. IU had become soft mentally and physically.

IU basketball is important nationally and a valuable product despite being down the last several years. College basketball needs IU to be on top.
I agree, and it's important to note that culture changes over TIME. Especially when there are Crean lingerers still around.

Why do you keep calling people negative Nancy. You sound like a 8 year old girl. IU has sucked for the past 3 years, this is not being negative it is reality. If IU does not make the tourney this year we should fire the coach.

I do think we will be good this year however, and I think Archie can coach. But if he fails to do so, a good school fires him.
fxwd54.jpg

Mods please ban the little lady that started this thread. Her husband would be disappointed. Davis will be a stud. TIA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT