ADVERTISEMENT

Adding insult to injury?

.Gerdis

All-Big Ten
Dec 10, 2003
My crystal ball is all fogged up…..

JHS is a stud. He played a great game, he’s going to make an NBA team very happy. The only question is will it be next year?

TJD is a dominant college player. He may be banged up, but he’s doing what he can to take the team on his back. I expect that to continue. This year and next year.

Race….man, the look on his face. I have no idea if he is back soon, done for the year, etc. I thought he has saying bye in his tear stained senior night speech, but was wrong. Hopefully he’s back this year. If not, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back next season (ditto for x).

The more things change the more they stay the same.

JHS one and done, X, Davis and Race all back? Stranger things have happened.

JHS is a stud. He played a great game, he’s going to make an NBA team very happy. The only question is will it be next year?

TJD is a dominant college player. He may be banged up, but he’s doing what he can to take the team on his back. I expect that to continue. This year and next year.

Race….man, the look on his face. I have no idea if he is back soon, done for the year, etc. I thought he has saying bye in his tear stained senior night speech, but was wrong. Hopefully he’s back this year. If not, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back next season (ditto for x).

Why does it matter if they are back? We can’t win with them now. Woodson needs to retire and they hire a damn good coach. Somebody that can recruit and build a team not just star chase.

Why does it matter if they are back? We can’t win with them now. Woodson needs to retire and they hire a damn good coach. Somebody that can recruit and build a team not just star chase.
It doesn’t matter if it matters, I suppose.

Edit: however, Woodson or not, a team led by Hood, without TJD/Race/X would look quite a bit different. If Hood goes pro and those three come back, I might wake up as Bill Murray with “it ain’t you babe” playing on my clock radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irregulars
This season was so full of promises, and now it’s not. Race is gone, has used his red shirt and COVID. It has been said same for X and as for TJD, he has nothing left to prove and with his back problems, he will go before it gives out. He will play pro, either here or abroad……as far as CMW, while I disagree with the fan letter because being sent to the player, I agree with iugardman that it should be sent to coach, as I’m sure he’s trying but he’s not getting thru the urgency it takes

Davis is only good against guy's he can jump over..
Sure hope he and Thompson move on..This program isn't moving forward ..When you continue to bring the same old guys .With the same limited skill set's back..

Sure hope he and Thompson move on..This program isn't moving forward ..When you continue to bring the same old guys .With the same limited skill set's back..
I have no criticism but it is time for some guys to move on.
If Romeo was a one and done I suspect JHS will have that option.

I have no criticism but it is time for some guys to move on.
If Romeo was a one and done I suspect JHS will have that option.
I have a different take. There isn't a single kid on our team that I don't like watching play, individually.

Like I didn't particularly enjoy watching Devonte Green play. I didn't enjoy watching Josh Newkirk, even Rob Phinisee. As examples.

So I think it'd be awesome if any/all of them that are questionable to return, decided to come back.

I think Cupps could take the PG spot from any of them, anyways. And if Newton is a more refined, longer, athlete...he could provide that missing wing player we're looking for too? If not, I love watching Trey, Tamar, CJ, Jordan play, for the most part.

When our entire team is overhelping on D, not guarding the ball well, stagnant on offense, and overall just playing uninspired basketball...I'd just as soon all of them go away. But that seems to be happening less lately.

I have a different take. There isn't a single kid on our team that I don't like watching play, individually.

Like I didn't particularly enjoy watching Devonte Green play. I didn't enjoy watching Josh Newkirk, even Rob Phinisee. As examples.

So I think it'd be awesome if any/all of them that are questionable to return, decided to come back.

I think Cupps could take the PG spot from any of them, anyways. And if Newton is a more refined, longer, athlete...he could provide that missing wing player we're looking for too? If not, I love watching Trey, Tamar, CJ, Jordan play, for the most part.

When our entire team is overhelping on D, not guarding the ball well, stagnant on offense, and overall just playing uninspired basketball...I'd just as soon all of them go away. But that seems to be happening less lately.
Right there with you. Especially the “for the most part.”

That tweet sure aged well.

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT