ADVERTISEMENT

Abigail Spanberger

Standard Issue

All-Big Ten
May 11, 2010
The White House provided her entire un-redacted security clearance application to a Super Pac affiliated with Paul Ryan via a FOI request. Security application aren't supposed to be subject FOI requests. The Super PAC has already released it to the Associated Press.

Is there anything the GOP won't do to try and stay in power?

Reactions: sglowrider
Whoever released that, accidentally or not needs to be charged.

If you want to know the lengths that the GOP will go to keep power, look at North Carolina. They have either undermined or attempted to undermine the most fundamental tenets of democracy just to maintain power. Power which they have solely by gaming the system and suppressing votes. I find it disgusting as an American.

The White House provided her entire un-redacted security clearance application to a Super Pac affiliated with Paul Ryan via a FOI request. Security application aren't supposed to be subject FOI requests. The Super PAC has already released it to the Associated Press.

Is there anything the GOP won't do to try and stay in power?

It went through in 3 weeks. 3 weeks!!!

When was the last time anyone here saw any level of government that responsive to a FOIA request. It’s unheard of to get something that quickly.

This was orchestrated. There’s no other explanation. The timeline gives it away.

And yes, it’s a really dangerous, solely politically- motivated act by the Trump administration. Among many. These guys don’t even try to cover their tracks. It’s as if they sometimes forget there’s a free press out there to catch them doing crazy stuff.

And, they are 2 years in- so incompetence and/or ignorance can not be excuses anymore. Given the # of democractic candidates nationally that would have SIFS in their government-kept paperwork, you have to wonder when, not if, we’ll learn about more of these instances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.bebfbdf71915

Every day, I think “maybe today is the day where we won’t learn about something really crazy/out-of bounds/dangerous that the administration did.”

And every damn day, they keep their streak alive.

Second thought: this is what you get when you hire “the best” people.

If you want to know the lengths that the GOP will go to keep power, look at North Carolina. They have either undermined or attempted to undermine the most fundamental tenets of democracy just to maintain power. Power which they have solely by gaming the system and suppressing votes. I find it disgusting as an American.

The NC GOP is especially egregious over the past several years. It’s sickening- and I’d condemn a dem state democratic party just the same if they tried to pull the crap this group has pulled.

Don’t know if it’s been posted, but a federal court has once again thrown out the NC GOP drawn house district maps. The second time. There’s going to be hell to pay in NC, once the new districts are drawn up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT