ADVERTISEMENT

A Biden lie in my email this morning . . .

Aloha Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
I got a campaign email from the Dems (I also get them from the GOP) I read before going to work said, Trump has made it clear with his own words that he would “rip away women’s freedoms, punish women, and ban abortion nationwide.” I put quotes around the part I recall world for word.

It stuck with me because, even if Trump said that in the past, that’s not what he’s saying since Dobbs. Now he’s specifically saying he’s leaving it up to the states. So if Alabama wants to ban it completely, he’s good with that. If California says abortion on demand up until birth, for any reason or no reason at all except it’s what the mother wants to do, is allowed, he’s good with that. So Biden is lying, Trump doesn’t want to ban it. Trump is even good with zero abortion restrictions.

I got a campaign email from the Dems (I also get them from the GOP) I read before going to work said, Trump has made it clear with his own words that he would “rip away women’s freedoms, punish women, and ban abortion nationwide.” I put quotes around the part I recall world for word.

It stuck with me because, even if Trump said that in the past, that’s not what he’s saying since Dobbs. Now he’s specifically saying he’s leaving it up to the states. So if Alabama wants to ban it completely, he’s good with that. If California says abortion on demand up until birth, for any reason or no reason at all except it’s what the mother wants to do, is allowed, he’s good with that. So Biden is lying, Trump doesn’t want to ban it. Trump is even good with zero abortion restrictions.
Harris tweeted that same lie. Musk flagged it. I know you think trump is awful and he is but this batch of Dems are really no better. Just lying on national issues. Hiding the condition of Biden for who knows how long. Bad news

Biden lies, yes, and for every Biden lie (on his worst night, mind you) there are 4 Trump lies.

I wish that NEITHER would lie. But if Trump were prevented from lying, he would be mute.

Since most in the MAGA movement disagree with Trump on a Federal abortion ban, it would be truthful to say that election wins by MAGA candidates would be more likely to advance the cause of adopting a Federal abortion ban, whether Trump supports it or not (and he will sing a different tune when he's talking to evangelicals).

I'm nearly certain that Trump has said in the past that he is not in favor of abortion in most cases. That was his personal feeling. But he also has come out that it's not the fed's issue...... Until Congress doesn't something to make a law.
As I recall. (he just usually says those things in such and inflammatory way, many overlook the message).

Reactions: 76-1

Meh, Trump says a lot of shit ... and knows the overturning of RvW isn't polling well for them.

Trump's been all over the map on abortion. I can't keep track of what he's said or hasn't said about it. But Trump - Part 2 will see unitary executive theory in action and a vast expansion of presidential power with near total control of federal agencies. He won't need legislation to accomplish what he and his handlers want. For example, they could direct the FDA to withdraw approval of the abortion pill.

Parenthetically, I'd add that 31 of the 38 authors/editors of the Project 2025 manifesto (you know, the document that Trump "knows nothing about") held formal roles in Trump's last administration.

Biden lies, yes, and for every Biden lie (on his worst night, mind you) there are 4 Trump lies.

I wish that NEITHER would lie. But if Trump were prevented from lying, he would be mute.

Since most in the MAGA movement disagree with Trump on a Federal abortion ban, it would be truthful to say that election wins by MAGA candidates would be more likely to advance the cause of adopting a Federal abortion ban, whether Trump supports it or not (and he will sing a different tune when he's talking to evangelicals).
That’s not what Harris tweeted. Biden also said inflation was 9 percent when he took office. More than once. The most important issues facing Americans your party lies about

Reactions: 76-1
That’s not what Harris tweeted.
Harris lied in that tweet and was widely blasted for it.

To be precise, though, Trump said that abortion should be left to the states and that he wouldn't "support" a Federal abortion ban. That doesn't mean that he would veto any Federal abortion ban that many of his supporters want.

Trump was only crystal clear on one aspect of the abortion debate, that IVF not be banned or even discouraged. I applaud him loudly for that.

Every once it a blue moon he does do or say something meriting applause. Like the blind squirrel finding a nut. Or like you getting a date.

Harris lied in that tweet and was widely blasted for it.

To be precise, though, Trump said that abortion should be left to the states and that he wouldn't "support" a Federal abortion ban. That doesn't mean that he would veto any Federal abortion ban that many of his supporters want.

Trump was only crystal clear on one aspect of the abortion debate, that IVF not be banned or even discouraged. I applaud him loudly for that.

Every once it a blue moon he does do or say something meriting applause. Like the blind squirrel finding a nut. Or like you getting a date.
Yes chemists with piss pits who ride tricycles on the sidewalk are just above athletes and below rock stars in pulling chicks

Cnn unlike fox is getting more and more balanced.
And frankly, was Biden intentionally lying or has he just slipped so far now that he’s saying and repeating things that he believes are true, but aren’t?

This is why there’s a growing list of Dems who want him to quit. He’s losing support by the day and soon will be gone. I read that some lawmakers noticed his decline 2 years ago, but it was only talked about in private. I think most knew he was severely declining and just needed a public moment, like we just had, to go forth and call for him to quit. It’s just too bad it didn’t happen much sooner.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yes chemists with piss pits who ride tricycles on the sidewalk are just above athletes and below rock stars in pulling chicks
I don't ride on sidewalks, I mostly ride a super fast two wheeler Rans Stratus on 35 mile bike rides in 90 degree heat that would wilt you, and I don't need to "pull chicks" since I have been happily married for 32 years. I'm not an asshole like you, who radiates stench from your unwashed fat folds.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
stench from your unwashed fat folds.
Get some new material. You're supposed to be an Ivy Leaguer with at least one PhD we know about.

I bet you're the fatass, with your 4x halloween ranger suit

That would be a very good way to deal with people who are CORRECTING your lying fat gravy seal ass.

How's Cracker Barrel today? Had the biscuits and gravy?

I am sure that they are out there. They aren't the ones I see in Florida that are in the cult, with the bumper stickers, yards signs, and flags flying, though. You know the type... dentally challenged, tossing empty beer cans in the ditch, immortalized in "Florida Man" memes, and homeschooling fat little brats destined to even more dense than thair parents.

I don't see any lockdowns or mask mandates on the horizon. The willfully stupid have established COVID-19 as an endemic virus, affecting us forever. But as long as the unlikely mutation to a much more deadly variant occurs, the non-elderly and non-fat asses should be OK. The smart elderly and rare smart fat asses can avail themsleves of boosters, if they choose to use intelligence.

We have evidence for the first, but I have no idea whether dmb is fat.

seen a Trump rally? ugly, and fat too

Lol, like your fat ass would ever survive a 30 mile bike ride in 90 degree heat

When was the last time you got your fat ass on a bike and rode even 10 miles? If you did it probably was a ride to a donut shop.

I don't sympathize with either extreme, as an independent. But I think you'd have to admit that the Trumpers, with Cheeto dust stuck in their fat rolls, provide a sight and an odor to particularly avoid.

My current bike, which Murt would only see from far behind.

images

Comfy as a beach chair, yet fast.

Recumbent bikes started besting "regular " bikes in speed records decades ago due to being inherently more aerodynamic, so they were banned from racing . The fastest are more reclined:

25Mar-Sebring-02.jpg

images

Recumbent bikes started besting "regular " bikes in speed records decades ago due to being inherently more aerodynamic, so they were banned from racing . The fastest are more reclined:

25Mar-Sebring-02.jpg
WEll got damn.. I bet when you put a playing card in the spokes, it makes the seat go BRBRBRBRRBRBRBRBRBR. Doesn't it. Has to be pretty "pleasing", much like a washing machine in the spin cycle.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812 and 76-1

images

25Mar-Sebring-02.jpg
Damn. You didn’t tell us you’re a bad ass

no back pain, no butt pain, no hand pain. I plan to ride the Florida coast-to-coast trail, 250 miles, this fall. At 13 mph that would be almost 20 hrs plus breaks, so will probably do it over either 3 or 4 days.

My one day best is 104 miles, but that was not recent (and I got a knee replacement 3 months ago). 80 miles a day by November seems doable.

no back pain, no butt pain, no hand pain. I plan to ride the Florida coast-to-coast trail, 250 miles, this fall. At 13 mph that would be almost 20 hrs plus breaks, so will probably do it over either 3 or 4 days.

My one day best is 104 miles, but that was not recent (and I got a knee replacement 3 months ago). 80 miles a day by November seems doable.
You’re lucky to be in fla. I have friends who did the Florida sprint triathlons for years. Real neat as they hit all the good spots

images

25Mar-Sebring-02.jpg
I only see overweight middle aged guys usually with beards and a pony tail on one of those in Bloomington. Not for me.

I only see overweight middle aged guys usually with beards and a pony tail on one of those in Bloomington. Not for me.
I saw some pictures of the over 55 beer cup soccer tournament in Indy. Mercy. I about shit when I saw the age. I thought it was over 65 not 55. There’s a huge difference between 55 and 45.

I am to the point that I cannot, in good conscience, vote for Biden. It's not because of this stuff. Rather, I am 100% convinced that he is incapable of adequately serving as President. Enough is enough. Hell, I don't think he should serve out the remainder of his term. I am utterly appalled that there are still a lot of Democrats supporting his candidacy.

And no, I will not vote for that POS Trump. Frankly, he has no business serving another term either.

Yes, I'm pissed as hell over all of this. Both parties are utterly worthless. I will not vote for any candidate who states that Biden should not be replace, nor any candidate who supports Trump. Both attitudes demonstrate a complete disdain for our country.

I am to the point that I cannot, in good conscience, vote for Biden. It's not because of this stuff. Rather, I am 100% convinced that he is incapable of adequately serving as President. Enough is enough. Hell, I don't think he should serve out the remainder of his term. I am utterly appalled that there are still a lot of Democrats supporting his candidacy.

And no, I will not vote for that POS Trump. Frankly, he has no business serving another term either.

Yes, I'm pissed as hell over all of this. Both parties are utterly worthless. I will not vote for any candidate who states that Biden should not be replace, nor any candidate who supports Trump. Both attitudes demonstrate a complete disdain for our country.
Can’t argue with that

If these are the two candidates, I'm doing a write in vote.

The guy is only an F-250 Extended Mirror Assembly away from never posting again... (and if he's on a recumbent they might just roll over him and only think they hit a speed bump).

Just shake your head and pity him..

He's been lost and wandering aimlessly ever since his man crush Brady left New England...

I'd elaborate further but I have to go watch a Jill Biden "elect me" speech...

Last edited:
If these are the two candidates, I'm doing a write in vote.
Trump said the other day there will be a place for Nikki “on our team”.

What if a vote for Trump was a vote for Haley as Secretary of State? Or NSA? Think of all the wars we could fight.

That prospect doesn’t excite you in the slightest?

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens

What if a vote for Trump was a vote for Haley as Secretary of State? Or NSA? Think of all the wars we could fight.

First, dumb. Second, there is nothing that would motivate me to vote for Trump. Don't get butthurt. Seems to be going around . . .

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey

I'd love to see his proposed cabinet prior to November... It would be dangerous politically but if they were well vetted it might actually help him because he could contrast his picks versus the 5th teamers currently running things for Biden (the impaired, leading the incompetent).

....if he's on a recumbent they might just roll over him l

4000 lumen Front headlight day or night, side flashers, multiple taillights, and for night rides, a light pole.

If you can't see me, you are Mr. Magoo

I see those guys now and then.not on any organized century rides, though. They putter along. I don't.

Can you ride 100 miles in a day?

I'd love to see his proposed cabinet prior to November... It would be dangerous politically but if they were well vetted it might actually help him because he could contrast his picks versus the 5th teamers currently running things for Biden (the impaired, leading the incompetent).
I honestly think it will be tough for him to get the best people for his cabinet after his first term. Her burned a ton of bridges by treating a lot of good people like crap soon as he perceived they weren't totally loyal to him. Every one of them takes an oath to support and defend the constitution. The President isn't part of the oath.

Reactions: Digressions
I honestly think it will be tough for him to get the best people for his cabinet after his first term. Her burned a ton of bridges by treating a lot of good people like crap soon as he perceived they weren't totally loyal to him. Every one of them takes an oath to support and defend the constitution. The President isn't part of the oath.
He will staff it with perfectly capable and competent people. It’s not going to be some Michael Flynn, Steve Bannon, Douglas Macgregor freak show like people suggest.

I would bet Pompeo is in it. Probably Haley. Mnuchin could easily pick back up at Treasury. If Burgum isn’t VP he will probably get interior or Commerce. Rubio seems to want a role.

Plenty of capable people out there.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT