ADVERTISEMENT

58-39 7:14 to go…and lost by 3

Bill Benner, etc.

True, but don't forget the big chunk of us who didn't want to see RMK fired, weren't exactly thrilled w the program though and ended up in this shitstorm for merely sticking w our team and, more importantly, school. Trust me, I never blamed myself for Bob Knight not being able to restrain himself from laying hands on people (is this really that difficult?).

I don't think I'm getting what I deserve. And when Davis took over and our fanbase's worst showed their faces, THAT destroyed the program as much as anything. There's just too much negativity w the RMK departure. See Duke as to how a blue blood is supposed to pass the baton. Bob wanted ****ing Pat.
There was no baton passed. RMK was fired, very publically....and Coach K retired on his own terms. The comparison isn't one. Add the fact that Coach K picked his own replacement...well, apples and oranges. IU has had plenty of time, money and opportunities to find a successful replacement who keeps IU competitive at a high level. Its a disgrace how the university has handled coaching hires. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn eventually. matters worse....IU insists on lingering retention of a failed coaching staff...rather than taking necessary action. Woodson is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic...and promising a fresh coat of paint. Might as well rename the ship the "Simons' Express".

So when IU attempted to hire Brad Steven’s, you’re saying he wasn’t the best coach at the time . Who was? Based on what? Your opinion?
IU never looked his way when he was at Butler. It wasn’t until the fan base was upside down pissed off that they never even tried.
He was in Boston when they threw an offer at him that they knew in advance he would turn down as he couldn’t of been more vocal and more on record before the offer that he had no interest, that he loved coaching in the NBA and the stress avoided with recruiting and other politics of the NCAA. He was already a lost cause. And for that matter it’s all rumor anyway. There’s no interview on record. Just a silent offer. So maybe they did, maybe they didn’t. It was moot either way as everyone with any awareness level greater than a corpse knew it was never on the table.
Davis was hired to spite Knight. And in that moment was probably the only option considering no one was gonna come here and step on knights toes and legacy and the expectations. Would have been career suicide as the fan base needed a few years to cool down from the apocalyptic decapitation of Hoosier Nation.
Since then they have dismissed many great candidates in favor of cheaper contracts that we will never know how they would have succeeded or failed. Im not gonna waist my breath or time with who considering it’s just an argument starter as it’s been for over 20 years about who or who shouldn’t have been givin the opportunity. I’d say by now the candidates are pretty obvious of which there have been many.
All of which had more experience than our current leader. Jesus my high school coach had more collegiate coaching experience then Woodson.

not about Alford. He sucks.
Alford didn't turn the ball over. That is where the game got away from Nevada. One thing we have to think about is Dayton was the higher seed. So the fact Nevada was up big on them in an accomplishment though they couldn't hold onto the ball. Turnovers are so demoralizing and energizing. You lose the ball and feel bad about it. Then the other team's legs and shots seem to be almost magical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT